• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:56:19 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Kagebunji's sprites- Moving on...

Started by Kagebunji, August 04, 2009, 02:29:37 pm

Celdia

Maybe its just because of the contrast between the white and tan but the tops of the boots look huge to me. I like the big armor of the chest but Cheetah's crits generally lead to a nicer final project than mine would so definitely give the belt idea a try. If there were a female counterpart to this somewhere I wouldn't mind using it to replace the outdated cadet sprites I'm using for the Warrior class in CCP.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Twinees

I agree with Cheetah about the male cadet being too armoured. I'm not a fan of belts though, so perhaps instead of that, you could either remove his metal shoulder pad or make him not wearing metal gauntlets? Either one would make it look better i think (probably dont do both).

Cheetah

I thought leather boots instead of metal would be nice too.
Current Projects:

Kagebunji

September 19, 2011, 06:45:57 am #2043 Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 07:08:13 am by Kagebunji
I will do few versions today, so stay put. One without metal shoulder pads, second without metal gaunlets, and then some mixes with leather shoes. Should I just change the color to leather though, or change entire gaunlet/shoulder pad?

@Celdia: Female is already done, male is just slightly more armored.

Edit: Did just one version, since this seems more fitting. Also, Female has a gold outline beneath her armor, so I did the same for male. You know, resemblance etc.:
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Cheetah

Very nice! I would say move forward. Your female cadet is one of my favorite female sprites and this is looking like a very good compliment to it.
Current Projects:

Twinees

Looks good Kage. Although i think his shoulder's look too broad, im pretty sure that it wont be noticable in the walking animation.

Eternal

I'd totally use this for Male Freelancer.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Lijj

That is the perfect freelancer. Glad to see you are still at it Kagebunji.

Kagebunji

Thanks guys, I already started moving on with it. Front walking frames are done. I don't know how fast i will complete him, since I am busy lately, but I will work on him whenever I get the chance.

And I am glad to see you visit, Lijj! With a new Sahagin portrait too! Looking forward to have you back with us, pal.

Lijj

Thank you very much for making me feel welcome Kagebunji!
I will be updating some of my older crappy portraits for the next week or so since I'm out in the middle of nowhere with nothing else to do. I've already finished redoing the male knight's portrait. After seeing how bad it looked in CoP I, just had to. I'm looking forward to really working again but at least I have this laptop to portrait on for now, otherwise I'd be going out of my mind.

Kagebunji

You can feel free to host your portraits in my topic for the time being, Lijj :D Looking forward to those. When seeing your Sahagin port, I am sure you can make them into something whole lot different.

And here is a small update for Cadet. Give me the dirt guys. I would be glad if you could voice your opinion on the back side view the most. And sorry for the size of the imgae, I had some problems with uploading...

Cheetah

OMG he has back boobs. All the other frames are looking good, but the back side view needs some work. Mostly just the hair and the armor. For the hair, the list swoosh thing near the front, if you moved that dark dividing line back a pixel or two and perhaps down and left more of the front of the hair untextured I think it would look better. With some minor edits I think you can make those shoulders instead of pecks.
Current Projects:

Vanya

I think it would be worth it to try enlarging the Tortoise enemy.
It seems kinda scrawny to me.

It's a rough 1.5x enlargement, but here's an experiment:
¯\(°_0)/¯

Kagebunji

Sorry, I was quite busy lately, so I couldn't get on at all. Don't worry Vanya, the size increase of Tortoise is in my plans, first i want to finish the sprite though.

Cheetah, I gave him boobs for some difference, but I changed it to something simplier, along with redoing the hair a little bit(since it kinda reminded me of Frimelda). Sorry for the delay again...

Kagebunji

I work on Male Cadet's portrait since yesterday, and here is what I got soo far. Thanks to Twinees for making hair look less like Squire! I plan to rework the chest, cause I am not happy with how it looks, but I am too tired today to work anymore on this. Gimme your opinions guys.

Celdia

Ooh, shiny. I like it. Looks about perfect as-is.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Kagebunji

October 01, 2011, 05:32:01 pm #2057 Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 05:34:24 pm by Kagebunji
I did some changes with the portrait, like shoulder pads, chest, and eyes. Please tell me what you think of it.

Cheetah

His face looks like it needs to be a pixel wider. Something is still up with the shoulders and chest. Odd pillow shading on the right breast. His shoulders are still too narrow or something.
Current Projects:

jimmyjw88

October 02, 2011, 01:13:53 am #2059 Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 03:26:58 am by jimmyjw88
Actually his face is fine. You just need to fix up the shoulders and chest. I'll try and see what I can do.

EDIT: Update (2/10/11)

WIP
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.