• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 10:01:05 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Japanese Spriting

Started by Cheetah, April 29, 2010, 03:23:02 am

Kagebunji

No LD, it is not Doned, too girly. I suppose it is Frimelda, whoever she is.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Wolfran

Hey Kagebunji, if you want to know her play FFTA2 and if you play it NEVER KILL THE PINK ZOMBIE...
Welcome to FFH were you can do things like...

DeadManWalking

Should show the Jap fans the active community over here... at least, through Google translator or something.

Knox

May 03, 2010, 12:15:57 pm #23 Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 12:31:59 pm by Knox
I know a guy who's fluent in japanese, though im not sure how well he can read and write it as hes lived in america more than hes been in japan, but he knows the language very well.

I could try calling him, and maybe see if he can call one of these japanese folks over the phone? Longshot but who knows?

I contacted him about it a few minutes ago and i should hear back from him soon, we'll see if he wants to get involved or not, because i know he loves FFT to death so theres a good chance he might get involved. I asked him to be sure, about his reading and writing of japanese, I know he can read some but maybe hes improved it since then because i know hes been to japan every year to see his family with his dad.
  • Modding version: PSX
~Auranhiem

Kyousukeee

I've found this site a couple days ago , there are a few edited sprites in the bottom of the page .
 Seems like this site is older than ffh , as the posts dates from 2006 . . . there's not a lot of stuff nor is it epic but still worth a visit .

Preview

http://www.fucandofft.blogger.com.br/

. . . I really liked the Lulu sprite .

SilvasRuin

The goblin black mage is very amusing.  The green and white hooded and masked people look fairly intriguing.  The others... are mostly meh.

Cheetah

These are so much better and done differently than all the rest of his sprites that I believe he got them from somewhere else. These would be amazing bases for someone to work off of. Especially Lulu and Riku.

The Vagrant Story art, also not his, is simply amazing. Great find Kyousukeee!
Current Projects:

Kyousukeee

Yeah , it says he got it all somewhere else but he didn't say where , unfortunately . I believe none of those sprites are his and if that blog is really older than ffh I doubt we would find a complete sprite sheet . But those poses are nice bases .
There's no e-mail or any other way to get in touch with that person either and I did search few of the names in the characters to see if it would lead me to the source but I found nothing =/

jimmyjw88

These looks great. And yes, Lulu and Rikku will be great start as the base.
The arts are great too.
Great find Kyou, great find.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

mav

The portraits on the first page are damn near perfect. We should team up with them whenever we can.

These last few portraits are neat, but a little amateurish. The second to last one at the bottom is freaking hilarious.

Kagebunji

In all honesty, this is one of most epic things I have seen. Freakin War Chocobo. I always wated to do one, but damn, why is Chocobo's sheet soo messed up?!

Also, this Samurai is just epic as well.

SilvasRuin

Only one of those human portraits I care for is the samurai.  Love the Chocobo.

Lijj

Holy shhh! The war chocobo rules! Is it just a portrait?
  • Modding version: PSX

Kagebunji

I care only for Samurai too, Silvas :P.

Unfortunaylt, yes, there is only a portrait of that chocobo.

jimmyjw88

In my opinion, some are cool, some are average, and some are neither. I kinda Victor Rastenvaugh. The Squall is similar to FF8 Squall art. Very nice, but the sprite is bad; very bad, especially if that sprite is Squall.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

mav

That Chocobo is pretty interesting. It's not perfect, but it's definitely something to build off of. That Sabin portrait is pretty good too, it doesn't look exactly like him, but it's fairly well done.

Kagebunji

Btw, that Kyna Dane from Fovoham looks like a copy of your Female Holy Knight portrait, Mav.

Kyousukeee

That samurai could easily be made into a guest character in a patch . The 40 years old samurai .

mav

Quote from: "Kagebunji"Btw, that Kyna Dane from Fovoham looks like a copy of your Female Holy Knight portrait, Mav.
I was thinking the same thing, but it was a pretty simple edit, so I wouldn't be too surprised if someone had already done the same thing before me. Anyways, where did you find those portraits anyways, Kage? I've seen a couple more like 'em, and they weren't too shabby.

jimmyjw88

Quote from: "Kyousukeee"The 40 years old samurai .
An experience great samurai.