• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:42:09 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Parted Ways New Title Screen Request

Started by Eternal248, May 07, 2011, 10:58:20 am

Eternal

May 07, 2011, 10:58:20 am Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 10:58:57 am by Eternal248
So I'm coming up with concepts that can be done for the new title screen for Parted Ways. I have an idea, but I'm wondering if any of you guys would be able to help.

Basically, I have these two images:

My thoughts were the following:

1) Have Ramza face towards the left as he is already.
2) Resize the Delita image.
3) Reverse Delita's image, and paste it next to Ramza, so he's facing the right.
4) Cut the FFT logo from Delita's picture (since it'd be reversed).
5) (Somehow) put the FFT logo in the middle of the finalized title screen.

I'm not intimately familiar with Photoshop or the other editing programs for graphics, but is such a thing doable? If so, what are your thoughts on it?
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Celdia

Attached is my official submission as discussed in chat.

• Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

dinosaur

I really like Celdia's picture with Ramaza and Deltia facing away. However, I think the logo should be transparent.

Xifanie

May 07, 2011, 03:08:41 pm #3 Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 03:10:19 pm by Xifanie
BEAUTIFUL, but yeah, way too much emphasis on the logo.
Personally I think it's worth the trouble to photoshop... after all, all you need is to end up with a 320x240 image.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

dinosaur

Let me know if you cant make the logo transparent because I can photoshop.

GeneralStrife

That looks good celdia. I don't see the point in a contest, that should work. I guess people just think the center FFT banner is too stand outish?

RandMuadDib

i agree the background of the banner should be transparent, just the text floating above the image
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

Xifanie

It's not that simple because they flip horizontally one of the pictures, cutting the logo in half, mirroring it...
If you're going to photoshop it to make it transparent might as well take it out
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

Celdia

What Xifanie said.

The Long Version: I could make the logo transparent but then you'd see the old logo that's behind it because this was really just a quick and dirty edit. I took half of each face image, flipped Delita's face horizontally, slapped them into the same image and put that new logo over the center to cover the two halves of the logo from the original images, half of which displays backwards due to the flip on Delita's face.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Durbs

Though I understand that it is an unclean edit, you should go for meshing the two sides together in some way with the logo less prominent.

Eternal

Quote from: GeneralStrife on May 07, 2011, 03:34:43 pm
That looks good celdia. I don't see the point in a contest, that should work. I guess people just think the center FFT banner is too stand outish?

Heh, it wasn't a contest. I was just curious if people would be able to help me out on this by working with the concept I gave, kinda like how the Spriters work on their sprites.

Anyways, I do very much like what Celdia made so far, and I agree with the current critiques about the fading and the logo. But by the sounds of it, those are easily remedied in Photoshop.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Xifanie

May 08, 2011, 03:52:18 am #11 Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 03:53:38 am by Xifanie
Um, I'll leave that here since I'm going to be gone for a little while.
Also, I think we should recolor Ramza's flag to white; Hokuten.