• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 02:07:46 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Official Mark Ideas Thread

Started by 3lric, May 08, 2013, 02:39:29 am

Nyzer

June 12, 2016, 12:48:54 am #140 Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 01:02:40 am by nyzer
Ramza's talking about an opportunity to escape Ivalice and start a new life entirely, not to overthrow Delita. Risking another civil war is probably the absolute last thing in the world he'd want to do right now. He's sick to death of the whole thing - over the course of a few short years, he lost everyone and everything dear to him aside from his sister, all because of nobles (and demons) playing the game of thrones. I mean, all it took to make him ditch the Beoulve name in FFT were the events of Chapter One.

But the thing is, there really isn't that kind of opportunity. I mean, yeah, he could probably force his way past Delita's men (and indeed, by the second battle in Jot5 Ch. 1 he does just that) and get moving, but to where? With what resources? He spent his days in hiding until Delita's knights found him, and he was half-expecting they'd be trying to kill him. They didn't, obviously, but it made it clear to him that he's terrible at hiding.
If he were someone else, he might be able to live on a small farm in the middle of the woods somewhere, but he and Alma didn't get that kind of education growing up. They have no clue how to live off the land. They'd need to live in at least a small village somewhere. And with what income? Ramza was trained as a squire; Alma as a cleric. Neither of those are gonna bring home the bacon in a small village. So they'd need a bigger town or a city... and that'd come with a bigger risk of recognition...

Ramza stays at Lionel and keeps the name Drake Seymour because there's no real alternative, regardless of whether or not a small handful of knights at the castle have orders to keep him there no matter what he says. Hell, on the off chance someone does recognize him and tries to go after him as "the heretic" now, they'd have to make their accusation against one of the highest ranked people in all of Ivalice, who was personally hand-picked for the position by the king. They'd need a shitload of proof to be able to take any legal action against that one. Ramza couldn't make a safer new identity if he tried.

Plus, he's one of the few people in the entire country trustworthy enough to be the lord of the Lionel district without abusing his power. I mean, by Jot5 he probably could have scalped the citizens for tax money and built up a stockpile of gil to pay his way halfway across the world under the name Biggs McWedgington. But he'd probably sooner cut off his own sword arm than gouge the commoners for his own selfish benefit, because he's Ramza. If anything, he'd have SLASHED taxes wherever possible.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Plan C

Quote from: nyzer on June 12, 2016, 12:48:54 am
Hell, on the off chance someone does recognize him and tries to go after him as "the heretic" now, they'd have to make their accusation against one of the highest ranked people in all of Ivalice, who was personally hand-picked for the position by the king. They'd need a shitload of proof to be able to take any legal action against that one. Ramza couldn't make a safer new identity if he tried.

I take it that kind of executes my "A Hunted Heretic" idea as well?

Tempest

Quote from: nyzer on June 12, 2016, 12:48:54 am
Ramza's talking about an opportunity to escape Ivalice and start a new life entirely, not to overthrow Delita. Risking another civil war is probably the absolute last thing in the world he'd want to do right now. He's sick to death of the whole thing - over the course of a few short years, he lost everyone and everything dear to him aside from his sister, all because of nobles (and demons) playing the game of thrones. I mean, all it took to make him ditch the Beoulve name in FFT were the events of Chapter One.

But the thing is, there really isn't that kind of opportunity. I mean, yeah, he could probably force his way past Delita's men (and indeed, by the second battle in Jot5 Ch. 1 he does just that) and get moving, but to where? With what resources? He spent his days in hiding until Delita's knights found him, and he was half-expecting they'd be trying to kill him. They didn't, obviously, but it made it clear to him that he's terrible at hiding.
If he were someone else, he might be able to live on a small farm in the middle of the woods somewhere, but he and Alma didn't get that kind of education growing up. They have no clue how to live off the land. They'd need to live in at least a small village somewhere. And with what income? Ramza was trained as a squire; Alma as a cleric. Neither of those are gonna bring home the bacon in a small village. So they'd need a bigger town or a city... and that'd come with a bigger risk of recognition...

Ramza stays at Lionel and keeps the name Drake Seymour because there's no real alternative, regardless of whether or not a small handful of knights at the castle have orders to keep him there no matter what he says. Hell, on the off chance someone does recognize him and tries to go after him as "the heretic" now, they'd have to make their accusation against one of the highest ranked people in all of Ivalice, who was personally hand-picked for the position by the king. They'd need a shitload of proof to be able to take any legal action against that one. Ramza couldn't make a safer new identity if he tried.

Plus, he's one of the few people in the entire country trustworthy enough to be the lord of the Lionel district without abusing his power. I mean, by Jot5 he probably could have scalped the citizens for tax money and built up a stockpile of gil to pay his way halfway across the world under the name Biggs McWedgington. But he'd probably sooner cut off his own sword arm than gouge the commoners for his own selfish benefit, because he's Ramza. If anything, he'd have SLASHED taxes wherever possible.

You made your point extremely well >.<, however if it is simply that one line Ramza had spoken to William that has caused story error. I can find a different means of spoken word to calm him down. Let me know :D

Nyzer

QuoteI take it that kind of executes my "A Hunted Heretic" idea as well?

Well, the politics would interfere with the legality of the situation, but that might not necessarily stop a bounty hunter with more ego than sense. We've got people doing illegal crap all the time in the Marks! :P We'd just have to see how it goes.

Quote from: Tempest on June 12, 2016, 08:46:07 am
You made your point extremely well >.<, however if it is simply that one line Ramza had spoken to William that has caused story error. I can find a different means of spoken word to calm him down. Let me know :D

Yep, that's why I said it was a decent concept. The ending was flawed but the concept itself - Ramza trying to calm down people looking to go after Delita because of his actions in the Lion War - isn't. He'd just be doing it for slightly different reasons than you first imagined. No worries, if we end up using it, it'd be easy to adapt.

Tempest

I just cant wait to play ANY of these marks out. Do you need many more, and if you do give us some input of what type of scenario your looking for?

Nyzer

I think we're set now. We've got ideas for the few Marks we have remaining, and those Marks are actually for very specific sidequests as is, so it'd be hard to adapt anything in, given that you guys don't know what the sidequests are for to begin with!

And heh, I'm eager to see what you guys think of all the Marks we've set up, too. Though I know it's gonna be a while before you get to see 'em all!

3lric

Indeed it will be a bit, but you know me, I'm likely to throw out a random mark video here and there. Plus you'll be able to see the Ch1 and 2 marks yourselves once they come out lol (which will also still be a bit, but not overly long, as we are making good headway on just about everything)
  • Modding version: PSX

3lric

Also thought I'd mention, after everything is said and done, you can expect ~ 80 marks total in Jot5. Though obviously you won't have FULL access to them until CH4. I can say that you'll be able to do 7 (plus the gathering marks) in Chapter 1 and 17 in Chapter 2

Also, keep in mind that some of these are battle series and would not just be a single battle for 1 mark (an example is that one is actually a 4 battle series for 1 mark) and they do come properly with prerequisites same as props did.

So all in all, I'd estimate around 90 or so optional battles in Jot5. This does not include what we made to replace the DD in Jot5, which is very very different, this -thing- becomes available near the end of Ch2.

Vanilla had 55 scripted battles, if that helps to put anything into perspective ;)

KingUrameshi

BUT I WANT IT NOW!! :twisted:

Just the marks system is in itself an impressive mod that someone could call complete as a stand alone project, not to mention all the other stuff that makes up Jot5. :cool:
You have allies... Friends that would risk their lives, and I am one of them.

Tempest

Thats extremely impressive, those numbers vastly surpassed my expectations i didn't know you could cram that many marks into the game :o

Xifanie

By comparison, FFXII has 49 marks, nearly all of them don't have an event coded. Just pure text from the NPCs involved, they might be guests in battle, but still... There are also Espers, which aren't marks, but also don't have events.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Tempest

You guys always make the Hype and anticipation of this awesome mod so much more extreme than it already is. Half of the people who have gone inactive in this forum didn't just stop swinging by. They lost their minds and became clinically insane from the wait i'd bet.

Hyraldelita

ahhaha it will be so much different , that it will feel like playing FFT as when i was 13 XD i really look forward to it.

KingUrameshi

Quote from: Hyraldelita on June 26, 2016, 10:28:34 am
ahhaha it will be so much different , that it will feel like playing FFT as when i was 13 XD i really look forward to it.

That really is the best feeling. Other great moments in first time play through include Shining Force 2, Landstalker, Suikoden and Wild Arms.
You have allies... Friends that would risk their lives, and I am one of them.

Nyzer

QuoteJust the marks system is in itself an impressive mod that someone could call complete as a stand alone project

I dunno about that, that's how we get games like Final Fantasy Tactics A2, with a kajillion one-off sidequests and barely a main plot to speak of :P

QuoteYou guys always make the Hype and anticipation of this awesome mod so much more extreme than it already is.

Can't help that we're trying to do the best we can! Jot5 is designed by players, after all. That's why we're doing things like turning Propositions into Marks instead of the other way around - lookin' at you, World of Warcraft. (The latest expansion failed to deliver on standard content like daily quests, dungeons, and the like, instead leaning heavily in favor of what were essentially Propositions - sending minions out on quests you have no interaction with, then waiting hours for their return. Surprisingly this caused a lot of criticism.  :roll:)

Quoteahhaha it will be so much different , that it will feel like playing FFT as when i was 13 XD i really look forward to it.

I disagree. I think it's going to feel even better than that!

Thing is, when you look back on FFT, the first couple chapters are really linear, and Lucavi/Wiegraf aside, there weren't really any exciting encounters. Lots of the jobs were flat out boring to boot. Some jobs and unique characters were vastly overpowered. Poaching didn't open up until late and wasn't really that great either. There are other nitpicks, too.

Jot5 is supposed to feel like FFT after getting tons of feedback on what was weak or overpowered, and after quite a few years to think up new additions to it. What we're aiming for is like... oh, I guess I'd say the difference between Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario Bros. 3. We want to take this very good game and master everything that made it awesome in the hopes of outdoing that just so we can blow everyone's mind away.

QuoteThat really is the best feeling.

Haha, I agree. For me, when I played through Jot5 - hell, even when I'd just been watching DaTruthDT play through it before that - I was blown away at how well it was put together. There just wasn't anything that disappointed me, every new addition was amazing, the plot... my God, the plot! It's a crossover game but it actually continues the plot of the previous game? More time is spent in Ch. 1 focusing on that than the crossover aspect? It's actually being treated like a real sequel, without the plot taking a backseat to the crossover? Fuck yes.

I mean, we can't even get plot cohesion in official game series these days, and there's almost nothing that could possibly disappoint me more than when that happens. That's why I'm not as fond of KH2 and FFTA2 as I'd expected to be - they both take all the interesting plot development of their previous entries and just ignore it entirely while failing to provide their own plot development, instead falling back on fat stacks of filler quests to make the game look more full than it actually is.

Jot5 just... does everything right for a sequel. And that's why I was thrilled to be invited to the team and be one of the people helping make it a reality. You guys aren't the only ones looking forward to playing it, believe me ;)

Hyraldelita

well Nyzer , you misurunderstood, my sentence.

that it will feel like playing FFT as when i was 13 <---- when i wrote this i mean the exitment to play a game you know you will like , but that you know nothing about, kind of when you are too young to even appreciate the game for real in it's deept , pros and cons.

Don't get me wrong, even in the first relase of Jot5 the game mechanich was better then FFT vanilla , and much harder, which make things lot more insteresting, reason why i said, like when i was 13. even if i not that naive anymore ^^ i will enjoy the re relase and chapter 2 as much as that, this is what i meant  : ) 
like the first time i player Xenogears, castlevania sotn, legend of dragoon, tales of destiny, valkyrie profile etc etc... XD
Even if the do a remake which is 10 times better of those games now, i have a different mind as a grown up adult, so hard to have the same feelings, but with jot5 , i kinda know i will feel like a child again while playng ^^

silentkaster

Burying the Past

Story:
After the explosions of Fort Zeakden, some nobles from Igros Castle had wanted to restore the fort and use it as a tourist attraction for people to come see the old Death Corps hideout and a famous, restored fort used in The 50 Year War. However, not too long ago, King Delita had announced that he would visit the fort and ever since then, strange events have been occurring. Several people have gotten hurt on the bridge connecting the fort, and an explosion happened in the fort even though there were no explosives or incendiary materials around, killing a small church group who had been touring. Since then, Zeakden has been shut down and Delita had canceled his trip.

Prologue
Ramza comes into the Igros bar when he hears a young man (Jack) and woman (Jill) talking. (Names are placeholders, they can be anything.)

Jack: "We need to get to Riovanes quickly. My mother doesn't have much time. If we don't get her the gil in time, she'll lose her home."

Jill: "Well, what's the quickest way?"

Jack: Well, we have to go through Mandalia plains, then through Gariland then through Sweegy and Dorter..."

Ramza interrupts, "There is a shortcut through Zeakden. All you have to do is go over Lenalia Plateau."

Jill and Jack look at each other, then back at Ramza, "Haven't you heard of all the weird stuff happening there? They think it might be haunted or something. Zeakden is off limits to the public and nobody goes there..."

Ramza contemplates, "Well, if you try to go all the way around, you'll never get there in time."

Jack: "Yeah...you're right about that."

Ramza: "I'll go with you," as he thinks to himself, he has to see...

*Ramza and co. enter Zeakden along with Jack and Jill*

Female Voice: "No, please don't make me!"

Male Voice: "When they walk under the bridge, you're going to release the latch and collapse it. He's not getting away this time, got that animal?"

*Ramza hears this and looks up to see the ghost of Teta and Algus on the bridge.*

Ramza: "Algus, you're back again? Teta!?"

Algus: "Thanks to you, he found us you lowly commoner." *Algus says to Teta as he shakes his fist and then looks at Ramza*

Algus: "Back again? I never left. They restored this fort and I knew it was just a matter of time until you came back through here with your ragtag band of misfits."

Ramza: "Silence, you louse. I killed you once and I've killed many wandering spirits after their first death. I'll do the same if you don't release Teta and pass on to the next world in peace."

Algus: "Please, as if your empty threats hold any weight. Besides, it's not just me that's here. You'll have to face down several of your old enemies."

The camera cuts to the corners of the map in which Miluda, Golagros, Gustav and Gafgarion appear. Next to each of them, a priest also enters from the foreground.

Ramza: "Gafgarion? You were nowhere around when I fought all these people."

Gafgarion: "Yeah kid, but you told me the story and I always wanted a rematch."

Algus: "With odds like these, I don't think you have a chance so give yourself up."

Ramza: "I've defeated all of you once before and I can do it again."

Gustav: "Well, you didn't beat me. Wiegraf did."

Golagros: "Yeah, and that Algus bastard shot me, but I figured it would be more fun to join him than your goodie two shoes band."

Algus: "Teta, you had better join us or I'll make sure your brother's spirit is sealed forever in this fort."

Ramza: "Wait, what? Teta, Delita isn't dead! His spirit is nowhere near this fort!"

Algus: "Teta, he's lying to manipulate you. I killed your brother after I killed you and I still have his spirit. Help him and I'll seal him and you forever!"

*Teta turns between the two, then looks at Ramza.* "I'm sorry, Ramza. I can't take the chance!"

*Ramza turns to Jack and Jill.* "I'm sorry you both are involved in this, but I hope you brought weapons. We have no choice but to fight them!

Difficulty:
Difficult

Objective:
Save Teta!

Enemies:
Algus, Miluda, and Gafgarion are like their counterparts from FFT Vanilla. However, Golagros and Gustav are Holy Knights with the same skills as Agrias.

4X Priests, 2 Male, 2 Female each with Raise 2.

All enemies are Always: Undead and some are Always: Innocent while others are Always: Reflect

Jack and Jill can be guests and any class, though Thief or Bard/Dancer might be best since their backstory is limited at the moment and they need money so it makes sense they might try to steal or earn it. (But technically any class could get money.

Teta is also a guest but has Always: Charm, Always: Undead Initial Reflect or Initial: Innocent. She may not even have a way to get off the bridge as she's really just there to protect and doesn't need to do anything for either team (though having her move around and do things is fine too.)

Ramza approaches Algus who is in the "critical" stance: "You have failed again. Now pass on."

Teta: "Please! Don't destroy him. I can't pass on until I know my brother is safe."

Algus: "Ha. I will be back. See? Unless you can present Delita, you fail."

Ramza: "Algus, think of your grandfather who was stabbed in the back! Imagine if he were to suffer this torment over your soul. Is this what you've become? A dead person who must hold spirits captive?"

Algus: "I..."

Ramza: "Tell her the truth. Tell her that Delita escaped from this place all those years ago and he lives on."

Algus: "It's...true...Teta, you rescued him and he escaped the explosion. I do not possess his spirit."

Ramza: "Thank you Algus," as Algus then lies down and disappears/crystallizes.

Teta looks at Ramza: "Thank you for everything, Ramza. I can now rest in peace knowing my brother is safe." She then also falls down and crystallizes/disappears.

Ramza turns to Jack and Jill: "You may now pass through here, safely."

Jack and Jill: "Thank you kind sir!!" as they head off in the Riovanes direction.

Additional Conditions:
None.

Reward:
Reflect Ring, Cursed Ring, Gil

Note that I'm like kinda drafting this up in a hurry since I thought of it last night and haven't had time to refine much but figured I'd submit it and see what happens.
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Nyzer

Marks should be all taken care of now, I'm afraid.

silentkaster

Quote from: nyzer on July 21, 2016, 02:43:46 pm
Marks should be all taken care of now, I'm afraid.

That's fine, just a thought I had last night and wanted to put it on the post before my laziness set back in.
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Hyraldelita

I know all marks have been filled but i still want to try and give an idea. ^^
It might be possible that if you guys like it, you might replace one that has already been placed, if it's not too much work off course, and all the scripts are already done!!

Mustadio Birthday:

When you go to goug machine city on Mustadio Birthday and enter the Bar the event will start.

Ramza walk in the bar and find Mustadio sitting on a table talking to himself about the fact , no one ever remmber his birthday. In fact, Ramza just walk inside the bar says "Hello" to mustadio, get something to drink and then walk away. After that link and Dante does exactly the same.
Dante line might be whatever.
Mustadio keep talking with himself as his birthday get ignored like every years, after Snake come inside the bar and does the same thing as everyone , Mustadio decide to leave, but just before leaving, he bump into someone, falling on the ground a couple of cells, and Agrias make her entrance.

Agrias line:  Morning... what are you thinking about? No even watching where you walk?
Mustadio remain sit on the ground and just sigh between himself.  "Sorry Agrias, is just...  Oh well, nothing."

Then Agrias take out of her poket a little package (which might look like a gift if there is a sprite for that)
Agrias Line: This is for you, i wanted to thank you back , for the lovely lipstick you gifted me on our jurney. I hope i get the right day. i'm not very good with these things.."

Mustadio stand up speechless, and as soon as he make on step toward Agrias, a guy dressed as thief or anything that look like it , steal the gift from Agrias, and run away!!

Mustadio with 0.0001 time reaction , follow the thief outside, and a battle start with a lot of thieves in goug city.

When you finish the battle, you get the gift back which should be a Parfum that only man can use.
i don't mind about that the item give as bonus stats, i would just love to see an event like this XD