• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:02:25 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

memory card/ saving issue

Started by billyg098, January 21, 2016, 10:07:35 pm

billyg098

sorry if this is posted somewhere else, but i couldnt find answers for it anywhere on the whole internets. everything with my epsxe emulator seems to be running fine, except for when i try to save the checking memory card box comes up, and just flashes rapidly forever. When i try to load, the same thing occurs. im not going to bother posting settings as i dont think that is the problem, all my memcard folder looks normal as it always has. (i just redownloaded after a long time, but i have played many times before with no problems) any help is greatly appreciated. thank you

Jumza

Quote from: billyg098 on January 21, 2016, 10:07:35 pm
(i just redownloaded after a long time, but i have played many times before with no problems)

Newer versions of epsxe are weird. Try 1.7.0, that's what I use! No issues whatsoever :)
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

billyg098

will try it later, im trying out journey of the 5 for the first time just using save state....not too far in and already its an amazing job. will update if different version of epsxe works, thank you good sir.

using epsxe 170 seemed to fix it, i was able to save at least, getting through the opening sequence to see if i can load. thanks a lot friend.

Angel

*Thwaps Jumza*

Stop recommending ePSXe. Bad Jumza.

FFH core stance: If you're playing on a PC, use anything other than ePSXe. Now that you've fixed your saving problem, there will be a hundred other questions, like why is the map black, why is the text weird, why is this happening, etc. Just spare yourself the trouble and use anything else. Any other emulator. Any of them.

ePSXe is a naughty word unless 'Android version' is appended to it.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

billyg098

well the map and text issues dont really bother me, but switching to an older version did let me use save/load functions. :P

Tempest

I am having this exact issue with PSCX-R, is there a different emulator or version anyone could recommend to me? Trying to get my JOT5 on :(

Jumza

If you look at the message bar at the top of the forum sometimes you'll see a message saying that the recommended emulators are pSX, Mednafen, RetroArch and ePSXe (only version 2.0 and above, as Angel pointed out in that thread in the news section). Hopefully that fixes your problem!
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Tempest

I've overlooked that message a hundred times. Never noticed it, thank you.

Jumza

No problem! I personally used to use ePSXe (again only v2.0) because it was the first one I found online but now I and many others on the forum use pSX. I like it because it has the opening little animations at the beginning that ePSXe is sorely lacking (here's to you, orange diamond and sound effect I will always recognize as someone turning on a ps1), but there are a bunch of other (better) reasons to use it over others :P

Tempest

Well most people shun ePSXe here, are you saying you have a working v2.0 or higher that allows you to save modded FFT? :o

Ive been messing around with  RetroArch and im about ready to lose my mind :P, i had ePSXe working perfectly, except the save data was not following through. It would say its saving but never show up after shutting the app down, and trying to load.

Jumza

Try pSX man, it worked for me basically right after downloading. I've never actually tried RetroArch or Mednafen myself so I can't be of any help there.

Tempest

By PSX do you mean ePSXe, or is there another named PSX >.<

3lric

Angel

Also, if you're getting the same memory card screen issue in PCSX-R, that should only happen when you're using Gameshark codes that interfere with the checksum routine. This one is widely known. And nothing in the current version of Jot5 Chapter 1 should trigger that behavior on PCSX-R or otherwise.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Tempest

PSX 1.13, is working perfectly. Unless cheat codes were automatically enabled on PCSX-R i didn't do that :o. I just wanted to get this all set up and working perfectly for the re release.