• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:23:29 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Questions about existing ASM hacks

Started by Magic Gladii, January 27, 2017, 07:22:37 pm

Magic Gladii

I've been messing around with the FFTPatcher applications a lot lately, and had a few questions about different ASM hacks (and 1 other thing):

1) Random unit equipment more selective - What exactly does this do? Does it make sure that units use the absolute best equipment they can? If that is not the case, are there any ASMs that have that effect? I haven't had time to patch it to an .iso and actually look for a difference, and it lacks a description. Most other default FFTorgASM hacks are self explanatory, but this one? Not really...

2) Job X is Mountable - Am I wrong in just assuming that 'mountable' means an ally can ride it like a Chocobo? Just curious.

3) I've also looked around to see if I could find (an) ASM(s) that forces every unit start with the same raw HP, MP, PA, MA, and SP (with respect to males starting w/ higher HP and PA, females starting w/ higher MP and MA). In other words every unit you see in the Soldier Office has the exact same stats (ignoring Br, Fa, and Zodiac symbols). Same idea with monsters, but its different for each monster family or type. I haven't actually found it/either of them, but I'm almost positive they exist judging by some patch change logs. Hopefully I got my point across.

4) When a units stats are generated before a battle in Vanilla, it generates the lvl 1 raw stats for the unit, then applies the level up formula using the growth constant from each job class starting with Squire or Chemist, calculating how much exp was gained until they had the requisite for the next job, then going from there........... or at least that has been my assumption since I started playing the game. Is this correct?(probably not lol) If not then how does it work?

As you can see.... kind of a newb. But at least I'm not a noob.
  • Modding version: PSX

Xifanie

2) Yes

3) I don't think there's an ASM for it, but it would be really easy to make. Monster all have the same raw stats range; I don't know what you're talking about.

4) ...are you talking about levels or job levels? I'm confused.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Emmy

#3 is easy to make with one of Raven's spreadsheets. http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=7271.0

Just set the male and female amounts to the same numbers. :)

Magic Gladii

With regards to 4)

As I understand it, when a human unit is a certain job, they have exactly the jp required in each job to match the job requirements. For example, a Calculator in the original would be level 4 in Wizard and Priest (550 jp), level 3 in Time Mage and Oracle (350 JP) and level 2 Chemist (200 JP). My original assumption was that there was a set formula that calculated the the EXP level of the unit using the job levels it needed for its job during the battle, and that each individual job was used to calculate the raw stats of that unit.

However, now that I think about it, that seems absurd. It would just make much more sense to calculate the unit's stats using the same job.
i.e. raw stat increase = current raw stat/(current level*stat growth) from level 1 to whatever level the unit is during the battle using the growth constant from their job

Once again, I have no idea how stats for enemies in battle are actually calculated. I could be totally wrong or right on the nail for all I know. That's the reason I'm in this thread. :P

Xifanie

Level/Experience and Job Level/JP are completely independent. With the one exception that Level helps Job Level to increase JP gain per action.

Stats of a unit generated in battle is only based off the current job.
Say you encounter a lvl 50 Knight, it will have the same stats as if you raised a character from 1 to 50 with the Knight job alone.

...Does that answer your question? I'm not sure.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Magic Gladii

Yes it does, thanks.

Just wanted to confirm something I simply assumed was true since I started playing the game :P

Was just really overthinking it with the JP thing tho lol