• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 04:36:30 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

pSX Emulator Sound Issues

Started by Magic Gladii, January 24, 2017, 01:03:23 pm

Magic Gladii

After somewhat extensive Google searching on the issue, I, as of right now, have not found a solution. I switched to the pSX emulator recently, and everything (so far) runs smoothly other than the sound. For example, at the default sound settings, scrolling through a menu in Vanilla PSX FFT produces a distorted version of the clicking sound it is meant to play. Background music isn't really affected unless I change the sound settings from what they are by default. As I'm relatively new to this emulator, any information would be helpful. Thanks!

Edit: Maybe not the best place to post, but I'm new here and unfamiliar with the topic trees.
  • Modding version: PSX

Angel

Honestly, there's not a single emulator that handles FFT's audio properly, not even with plugins. You're not wrong, though, and you aren't alone. It's just broken.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Magic Gladii

Seems about right, I was able to mess around with the settings enough to make it almost the way it should be when I got the chance to. It's the best it'll get, won't be the end of the world.