• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:00:22 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Adding Story Battles

Started by Kourama, May 26, 2008, 09:19:57 am

Kourama

May 26, 2008, 09:19:57 am Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kourama
Is it possible to add story battles at this time? If it isn't possible to make a brand new one, is it possible to alter one of the events and have a battle before or after the event is supposed to happen?

Xifanie

May 26, 2008, 10:16:21 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Well I woudn't know to CREATE battles. I haven't looked into battle instructions yet; like what triggers Gaffy's cowardly teleport.

But you should be able to link battles with each other using ATTACK.OUT like explained in the Maps topic.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Sen

June 02, 2008, 06:27:16 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Sen
I'm wondering how come when I watched Kanbabrif
it's like a custom story?

how did bastard poetry do that?

Bastard Poetry

June 14, 2008, 01:02:22 am #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bastard Poetry
Quote from: "Sen"I'm wondering how come when I watched Kanbabrif
it's like a custom story?

how did bastard poetry do that?

Alcohol 120%
FFT CCD Image
CDMage
FFTPatcher
Shishi Sprite Editor
Graphics Gale
FFTactext
FFTastic
ePSXe
pec
Camtasia
Photoshop
Windows Movie Maker
Bailey's & Brandy on the rocks

LOTS of Photoshop, basically. And Bailey's & Brandy.
Final Fantasy Tactics - Thief SSCC:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL73FB72C01D917FD6&feature=viewall

(Fully recorded LP; successes, failures, and most things inbetween)

HatterMadigan

February 10, 2009, 10:49:28 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by HatterMadigan
Lol. Alcohol 120%. Sounds like a good time. :)

kenj_083

February 11, 2009, 08:13:11 am #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by kenj_083
umm...it's a program, like nero.

Zozma

July 22, 2009, 12:05:19 am #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
its hijacking events and using them elsewhere.

I destroyed the plain old grog hill battle in order to create a very hard battle in warjilis.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

R999

When watching the AI tournaments I see that we can have a long list of maps for the Deep Dungeon. Makes me wonder if it is possible to add more battles that way? Can a simple edited battle be loaded like that? Say, if I wanted to add one more "floor" to the Deep Dungeon, is this achievable?

formerdeathcorps

It depends.  We can't easily add more story events since each one of those correspond to an event script in TEST.EVT.  As of now, we don't know how to add events to that file, or even safely increase the size of known events.  All we can do is rearrange.
We also don't know as of now how to make more maps, though we can certainly use gomtuu's program to revise all the existing maps (to make them larger, more interesting, or complete).  If you want new random battles to correspond to those events, you need to use Zodiac's ATTACK.OUT editor to create the correspondences (for another floor of the DD, for example).
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

R999

Rearranging should be more than sufficient for me. I would appreciate it if someone can point out the procedure for allowing access to manually mapped events in the Deep Dungeon floor selection menu. Actually, it would be even better if this menu can appear in the first city of the game. If I am getting this correctly, that means it is possible to map any event to the Deep Dungeon menu, so it will be possible for the player to replay some past battles, correct?  (that would actually be very cool).