• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

CCP 2nd - Beta Version Available for download!

Started by Celdia, December 25, 2012, 07:08:20 am

Celdia

Yeah, I need to just blank out that skillset entirely. It keeps popping up and it really has no business doing so at all.

The Dolphin Kick thing is known, just not sure how to fix it without changing the animation entirely. It doesn't affect gameplay directly though, thankfully.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

DanteS

Oh, when Alma goes to battle with you for the first time (the first fight against zalmo) she has a skill that technically would be mbarrier from the vanilla, but on this version it does insta high damage with 100% absorb hp from the damage made ( sorry but don't have a print this time =S)

azavier

yeah i noticed this too i was able to one shot zalmo with that move right after that i went in to fft and changed the effect to the regular mbarrier also i added it to rafa truth skill set for some spice along with holy that zalmo casts. Also her wild healing doesnt hit multiple times like it states, it always just hits one time

DanteS

I thinks it's a bug 'cause it's no suppose to be there haha;
other thing is that enemies aren't upgrading their gears with the level is this ok to the patch ?

Celdia

Alma's skillset is bugged because I swapped up the skillslot that MBarrier was in for something new and forgot to remove it from her skillset so she gets to be silly until I remember to fix it.

As for enemy gear, they are limited to what's in the shop when picking Random equipment, so its entirely possible they'll spawn in with really old stuff at random. Level has no effect on what they spawn with.

azavier

when are you going to finish up the battles after zalera ? just wondering because im nearing in and i dont want this fun patch to end! do you have plans for deep dungeon as well ?

Celdia

September 21, 2016, 12:57:15 pm #86 Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 03:22:10 pm by Celdia
Sorry Hey, azavier. Work on this project has slowed considerably and its very much on my back-burner most of the time. I can't give you much of a schedule idea for completion because I just don't find a lot of motivation to buckle down and get things done on it. I'll keep trying to get a bit more done though. Most of what's left is just setting up the battle events now. And since you asked so nicely, I'll see if I can push through a bit more today. Check back this evening and see if there's an update.

Uhh, yeah. Sometimes you just don't realize how close you are to something until you sit down and rough it out. All story battles up through the final battle with Ultima should be complete now. I haven't playtested anything of the new stuff though so if you find something wickedly out of place/broken, let me know. Enjoy.

Celdia

Did a quick update after getting some playtesting in on the last few fights. Hashmalum should be more managable and hopefully now Altima will do more than stand there and spam one spell poorly.

azavier

Ridiclued

So I wanna start off by saying I'm loving the new patch. 
Seriously good so far! 
I'm only in chapter two but everything so far is 10/10.

That said I found a small bug and have a question.

Not sure why but Brawlers can't use the 'Monster Talk' skill saying "Job specialty already set."
Same thing happens with Vanquisher and 'Ambidexterity'.

The question is where is 'Secret Hunt' or it's equivalent?
I have most of the classes unlocked and I can't find a way to poach.
"Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate but that we are powerful beyond measure."

Celdia

Glad to hear you're enjoying it. :D

Ah, those messages are holdovers from vanilla. I'll have to look into fixing that. The reason is Vanquisher used to be Ninja which has Two Swords built-in and there's something set in the game to stop you from setting it where its already applied. I thought I'd fixed that before. Brawler is doing the same thing but from Mediator.

There is no Secret Hunt equivalent because poaching currently isn't a thing in CCP2. I may add it back in later, but as of right now I haven't found any application for it I like.

Tails_Doll_Prower

I played it a year ago.. but my god.. sadly my laptop crashed Dx.. but they only complaint.. witch i cannot blame you for, is the AI thinking to long as cannoneers.. but the vampire magic use I love it. But loving the new classes as well Keep ot up!

Reks

Quote from: Tails_Doll_Prower on November 28, 2016, 09:22:34 pm
I played it a year ago.. but my god.. sadly my laptop crashed Dx.. but they only complaint.. witch i cannot blame you for, is the AI thinking to long as cannoneers.. but the vampire magic use I love it. But loving the new classes as well Keep ot up!

Cannoneers (and those with the secondary) take so long to calculate an action because of the gigantic AoE of the skills.

It takes the AI a moment to plot out what it wants to do because it has a lot to consider.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Neophyte Ronin

[highlight=yellow]Cannoneers (and those with the secondary) take so long to calculate an action because of the gigantic AoE of the skills.

It takes the AI a moment to plot out what it wants to do because it has a lot to consider.
[/highlight]
I've noticed that too.  Combined with the Stat-Reset-@-LV-Up bug, it made my fight in the Sand Rat cellar unwinnable because the Demogogues and Hawknights preferred to spam-heal with potions and my first instinct was to buff the three heroes (with playable guests--I was so amazed and relieved) ad infinitum until they could slaughter their competitors in single hits.  But I was using daggers and longbows for range and poison.  Once I discovered the overflow/bug/whatever, I wanted to pitch my T60 laptop (old but serviceable) out the window.  Not a pleasant experience.

And, you know... that would probably have been averted if there weren't any leveling-up at all.  Since every item was remade into a snowflake, it pretty much means you outgrow some interesting things that ironically help out the team.

But that's not to say I'm not enjoying the experience.  I figured Xif's Stat caps would have been employed and was employed, but I didn't think there would be an overflow glitch attached to it.  Instead, it's not implemented and this thing has been going on for a while, despite the main characters getting a Vigor-Up option.  It's not easy being the tester or the designer.

scorpiova

This looks great - a lot of which I have been trying to figure out. Do you allow people to use it as a base to build upon?
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

Angel

I'm pretty sure she'd be nothing but happy for others to build upon her work, since that was her original intention for releasing CCP2 in an unfinished state. Nobody, not even her, thought she'd keep working on it, so it's still not in a final sort of 'use this as a base' patch, but it doesn't need much to be used as a base.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

gds

March 28, 2017, 12:52:13 pm #97 Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 08:58:48 pm by gds
Loving the game so far but i have a few questions:

1 - Does anyone have the job tree for this version?

2 - I made Ranza a custom class and it worked amazing on this version of the game, but he is lacking the "equip sword" skill and after checking the FFTAC-TEXT I saw that the "Equip Sword" was replaced, is there a way for me to have this skill back?
I tried to hex edit to add the Sword part the "equip Armor" with no luck

Celdia

Quote from: scorpiova on March 26, 2017, 01:27:27 am
This looks great - a lot of which I have been trying to figure out. Do you allow people to use it as a base to build upon?

Quote from: Angel on March 26, 2017, 02:42:02 am
I'm pretty sure she'd be nothing but happy for others to build upon her work, since that was her original intention for releasing CCP2 in an unfinished state. Nobody, not even her, thought she'd keep working on it, so it's still not in a final sort of 'use this as a base' patch, but it doesn't need much to be used as a base.

^ This, mostly. You're totally welcome to use it as a base if you can make it work for you.

Quote from: gds on March 28, 2017, 12:52:13 pm
Loving the game so far but i have a few questions:

1 - Does anyone have the job tree for this version?

2 - I made Ranza a custom class and it worked amazing on this version of the game, but he is lacking the "equip sword" skill and after checking the FFTAC-TEXT I saw that the "Equip Sword" was replaced, is there a way for me to have this skill back?
I tried to hex edit to add the Sword part the "equip Armor" with no luck

The job tree from the first post of this thread, http://i.imgur.com/BwvI5FF.png should be accurate.

There's no way to replace Equip Sword without modifying something else existing in the patch.

snovlo

hi im enjoyed playing this version mod

-i wanna make sure of the patch link on the first page, is it the newest version?
maybe you can rearrange and double check some thread to make people easier to download the recent updated link
-is homemaker removed from the game? available first job is warrior,alchemist,green mage in this version that i downloaded from the first page.

-and um, im not sure but the first battle, exactly where gafgarion stand, there is a sprite agrias look a like but just half of its body, or maybe it's just error in my iso (?)

-i told my friends and distributed this version mod iso, they excited and hungry for completed version
(they want an another story too from this version mod! maybe a whole new story that take place after lion war)
thank you, i hope you keep up with the mod