• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 07:37:04 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

can someone make......?

Started by altimitt, January 11, 2009, 01:20:31 am

altimitt

January 11, 2009, 01:20:31 am Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by altimitt
i moved my post from fft 1.3 discussion to here. so here goes.

i know i'm making the impossible happen by requesting this but can someone make a mod of final fantasy tactics? what i mean is, new story, new jobs, new skills, new battlefields, new characters, new sprites, new everything minus the fmv, [well except the opening zodiac brave that is.] maybe you guys can base it on when st. ajora was still alive. it's not like i doubt your abilities to make a completely new game but it would be really cool to see one. i'll pay to play that one. yeah. thanks and please post on what you think.

Fatesadvent

January 11, 2009, 01:53:08 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Fatesadvent
Some full mods are being worked on (I'm thinking of the Mercenaries one), I think while there are limitations, its fully possible if you know what you're doing (which I don't).

altimitt

January 11, 2009, 01:58:48 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by altimitt
yeha, i know. but it would be real cool to know what happened back when st. ajora was still alive or when the 50-year war actually started.

Archael

January 11, 2009, 02:16:58 am #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
its possible

but mods such as this take a loooong time to complete

I dont think the first full fledged storyline mod has even been done yet... (Mercenaries)

so... new ideas will take awhile to get off the ground I think

VincentCraven

January 11, 2009, 04:16:02 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
Making a new game is very time-consuming, even if we keep the same base.

I'd guess that it would take a month to make a good remake; however, that would require at least a small team of people who not only know what they are doing, but also have time to devote to it as if it were a job.

So ummmm, don't get your hopes up for at least another year unless you plan on devoting all your time to making a new FFT game.

At least, I think that's enough time...

Anywho, anything written about the FFT storyline that isn't made by the original storywriter is just fan fiction as far as "knowing what happened..." goes.  I do admit, it is fun to speculate nevertheless.
I changed jobs and that has made all the difference.

Kokojo

January 11, 2009, 05:27:50 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kokojo
Find every single bit of information on Ajora, and i may do it.
But you also forget that in that time, guns and airships existed.
That will be hard to make ;P

Yeah, my pacth has no story, i need one. Il make one if i can be provided with every bit of information, organised if possible.
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.