• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

A couple of ASM related questions.

Started by Vanya, November 10, 2009, 01:03:28 pm

Vanya

November 10, 2009, 01:03:28 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Am I correct in my understanding that the "free space" used for ASM hacks is within the copy of font.bin that occurs in the Battle.bin file?
Also, am I correct that what is being set aside is everything passed the English part of the font?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Xifanie

November 10, 2009, 01:07:46 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
font.bin is a copy of battle.bin/world.bin's text. Not the opposite.
And that's only for the kanji. Melonhead DTE uses the remaining 1 byte characters so all asm hacks cover the kanjis.

Do you want a block or what? I'm the one assigning them.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Vanya

November 12, 2009, 12:31:49 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Sure, I'll take a block. I'm going to need it to make hacks for the Bard-Dancer & Mime modifications I'm working on.
Speaking of which, is there any space in RAM & in Save files that is known to be unused/redundant?
I think I can both separate the Bard-Dancer into separate jobs and allow the Mime to learn skills, but I need space in RAM for an extra set of skill tracking bytes and space in the save files to record that data.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯