• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:06:02 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

A fairly small ASM Request.

Started by Darkholme, December 24, 2013, 12:58:45 am

Darkholme

This is something I thought of that would be kindof neat, and as far as ASM hacks go, seems simple enough.

Increase the damage on rear and flank attacks, to something more similar to what's found in FFTA, and perhaps also an option to half way between the two.

In FFTA If I recall correctly, it's much more worthwhile to attack the enemy from the rear than it is in FFT. I think it would be neat if you could get more benefit out of better positioning.

Anyone up for it?

If you don't mindexplaining, I'd also be interested in seeing how you would accomplish such a thing. Figuring out what to change and where is something I don't quite understand.

formerdeathcorps

In FFTA, it is hit chance, not damage, that increases from better positioning because enemy evasion follows this pattern:
normal in the front
50% of normal from the side
25% of normal from the back

This hack already exists; check out the global C-EV hack.  To have it mimic FFTA, simply set C-EV to at least 50.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Vanya

Aww. I was expecting a totally unreasonable request, like importing all the dress spheres from FFX-2 or Dualcasting or something interesting like that. :(
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Darkholme

Lmao.

Alright. I'll make an unreasonable request then.

One of you guys should import all of the monsters from Disgaea into FFT, and give them FFT appropriate stats.

Vanya

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

3lric

I converted these several years ago, cannot say that the alignment is correct as I never tested them, and I also think the walking frames may
be out of order.

• Modding version: PSX