• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 02:32:46 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Zotis

December 29, 2013, 08:21:51 pm #2720 Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 09:01:49 pm by Zotis
Hey Barren, my summoner shouldn't have had Shiva.  I just realised that.

Edit: Made a little change.
Edit: I dunno, we'll see how it goes.  It's eather keep the MA and trade cyclopse for a bit more diversity in spells... or just keep what I've got and essentially trade 1 MA and 20 HP for immunity to Silence and 70 MP.  I don't think I have any berserk protection either though, and that could be just as bad... ugh, why didn't my Priests just cast Esuna...

Barren

Its okay, I got held up today anyways and will start tomorrow morning. thanks for pointing it out and ill make the corrections as soon as I can
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

reinoe

Quote from: Zotis on December 29, 2013, 08:21:51 pm
Hey Barren, my summoner shouldn't have had Shiva.  I just realised that.

Edit: Made a little change.
Edit: I dunno, we'll see how it goes.  It's eather keep the MA and trade cyclopse for a bit more diversity in spells... or just keep what I've got and essentially trade 1 MA and 20 HP for immunity to Silence and 70 MP.  I don't think I have any berserk protection either though, and that could be just as bad... ugh, why didn't my Priests just cast Esuna...

If you're team is mostly spellcasting and you're worried about berserk then you can always equip Defense Ring.  It's the best money can buy when it comes to protecting your wizards and such.  It doesn't give you any MA though.
My dreams can come true!

TrueLight

• Modding version: PSX

Zareb

Quote from: TrueLight on December 30, 2013, 12:21:25 am
Sorry if the teams in the videos do the match the ones in the Teams Submissions thread. I had recorded these videos earlier before the changes were made. Sorry about that.

FFT Arena 1.38D - Zareb (Spoliers) vs. Otabo (Poison Lily)

FFT Arena 1.38D - Otabo (Last Hurrah) vs. Silentkaster (The Four Seasons)

FFT Arena 1.38D - Zotis ( Black and White Witches) vs. Otabo (Colony Lockdown)

It's okay, man!  I simply appreciate you recording a match for me.  Truth be told I went a little crazy with the changes today, so it's not your fault at all.  I'll be leaving Spoilers alone again... hopefully for a couple of months or so.  :P

Hooooly crap, that round two lasted forever!  As potent as Poison is now-a-days, it simply proved to be a nuisance more than anything else.  GG, Otabo!
Now your blood travels through the veins of our history
It bursts forth in boiling black clouds from the wrists of kings

Zotis

December 30, 2013, 03:01:31 am #2725 Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 03:21:02 am by Zotis
Yeah I've been going crazy with changes too, can't make up my mind.  Anyone who records a match of one of my teams and then notices I changed it, don't worry I'd still almost always want to see the match anyway.   :P

I think I'm going to make another change, toss in a defense ring and put Cyclops back.

Holy crap! That cyclops 1-hit 4-KO was so sexy.  And... what's Focus?  Is that supposed to be Accumulate or something?

Malroth

Focus is a magical equivilent of Accumulate,  +1 MA for the duration of the battle, instant cast 100% accuracy.

Otabo

3 up and 3 down. Ain't that a...Damn, I'm slipping.

Zotis

Alright I finally made up my mind.  Thanks reinoe for suggesting the defense ring, I also tossed in a Jade Armlet.  Status protection was something I didn't even think about when I made the team originally.  Now I think it should be much more resistant to status shut down.  Not just for a team like Vigilanti's but overall in general.  Now to polish up my other teams.

Quote from: Malroth on December 30, 2013, 03:26:57 am
Focus is a magical equivilent of Accumulate,  +1 MA for the duration of the battle, instant cast 100% accuracy.
Oh, so it's Alacrity in the Masters Guide.

reinoe

December 30, 2013, 12:23:56 pm #2729 Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 01:17:33 pm by reinoe
Quote from: Otabo on December 30, 2013, 03:31:40 am
3 up and 3 down. Ain't that a...Damn, I'm slipping.

Oh don't feel down.  Not including gauntlets (or the most recent time I requested a match), I'm on a six team losing streak. ;)
My dreams can come true!

Malroth

I guess i'll run a Reinoe vs Otabo match tonight to ensure at least one of your loosing streaks stops,  you guys got any prefrences as to which teams will fight?

Otabo

December 30, 2013, 02:35:56 pm #2731 Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 02:43:42 pm by Otabo
Quote from: reinoe on December 30, 2013, 12:23:56 pm
Oh don't feel down.  Not including gauntlets (or the most recent time I requested a match), I'm on a six team losing streak. ;)

It's all good. I'm just trying too hard I guess.

QuoteI guess i'll run a Reinoe vs Otabo match tonight to ensure at least one of your loosing streaks stops,  you guys got any prefrences as to which teams will fight?

My losing streak ever since TrueLight's mini marathon is only...uh...these latest three matches. But anyway, I don't mind who fights who.

silentkaster

Well, I really enjoyed those matches. Thanks again for doing it so fast. I still want to see how I stack up against Zareb and his team, but it was interesting to see it against another team with undead units. My units choked when put in a corner! Also, I'm wondering what my paladin would have done had she not gone for southern cross? I might have been able to survive a bit longer, though I don't think it would have helped. But had she gone for dance, she wouldn't have blocked anything.

And my goodness Zareb, those mages are wrecking face! Quad kill? Say what??????

Actually, Otabo, if it makes you feel any better, the matches I watched I always paid attention to your teams and really loved the concepts you came up with. That's specifically why I changed my undead thief to an undead monk and did what I did with the slow dancing paladin. Though not nearly as effective as yours was since she missed every single time...but still.
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Barren

That match with you vs zareb silentkaster will be up tomorrow

silentkaster

Thanks Barren! Appreciate you recording it :)

Fenire

I loved the frog procs. If only persisted through death as in vanilla.

silentkaster

Good job Fenire! I usually try to test out my teams since often looking good on paper doesn't translate well to the battle simulation (at least to me until I learn the system a bit better). Your archers have some mad PA! Very good team, well deserved victory!

Barren

I had that match kenny is dead vs summon arrows recorded...but I guess I'll just call it a rematch