• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 09:21:53 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

silentkaster

Thanks for the match Barren.

Ugh, steamrolled again. Back to the drawing board again. GG.
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Reks

Thanks for the match(es), Barren. I haven't been commenting much largely because I've been really unconfident in my ability to make teams lately, but good to see an older one do well.

I made this team back before this recent Cover Fire craze, largely because it's still a good skill on a whole.

Izanagi the Archer was made with Houkouton in mind, with high speed and a Gastrafitis to do the max damage possible for an Archer with it, and the rest of my choices were to take advantage of accuracy (Hawk's Eye, also based on speed) or guaranteed kills over a regular shot possibly missing (Execute).

Inazami the Squire is a pure powerhouse, and I didn't care so much for a different accessory because Cover Fire has pretty good range.

Tsukuyomi is a bit of a twist on a support unit, as she's there to make sure I don't die but can do some nasty damage without needing the force of power-boosting equipment behind it.

And Amaterasu is just my regular White Magic Geo with all of the stuff her Tournament counterpart had, so nothing new to say here.

Truelight's Dice Roll usually steamrolls me, so I was quite nervous when I saw the match pop up on gmail...

But the RNG decided to bestow me with a miraculous amount of luck this time around, so I'm actually a little sorry for how quickly it ended.

Would have loved the skirmish to last longer but fate decided to favor me for unfathomable reasons. Nevertheless, GG Truelight.

I know I show a lot of love to Squires normally, but by this point I should just accept them as my patron job.

Can't wait for 1.4. I REALLY want to mess with the proposed changes, especially to Squires.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Heroebal

Pretty decent match-up, I think dw having better resurrection capabilities did the trick in the end. Her units were ready to get right back on the offensive after getting up, while mine spent another turn healing themselves. Also her squire and monk have more ranged options gassy and shuriken to help keep the pressure on my team.
I wasn't too worried about oil because I opted with the chemist and squire curing it away with holy water and heal, I could maybe use crystal shield if I decide on changing the chemist to wizard or priest. 

I'm thinking of giving the squire kaiser plate though to boost at least one of his tons, and the samurai should probably have wizard or black robe for a little more oomph. Houkouton may not be the best idea either as it's mostly a distanced/ranged fight with this squad. Not sure what to about better resurrection power could make the chemist a priest but then esuna can't cure oil. 

CT5Holy

Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

fallenstarz101

so..........that black mage quench your thirst? :lol: (I'm so bad at puns) when do these steams start? oh and loved the video!  :mrgreen:
hello!

Kurosabes

Streams don't have set dates (though it is usually around 7-8 PM EST), but when one is scheduled to take place, it's posted in the Arena stream day thread.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Kurosabes#0312

Andrew

Absolute destruction.  Those archers are mad scary.  Looks like my team needs a lot of improving if I want for it to compete with juggernauts like Where Is Your God Now?.  GG!

Heroebal

Battle Royal FFT Arena Match #22: Winner of Match#21 vs Mudvayne (Caster Chix) - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad1bBdZ7WpA

Battle Royal FFT Arena Match #23: Winner of Match #22 vs reinoe (The New School) - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAOcqMNJOxo

Battle Royal FFT Arena Match #24: Winner of Match #23 vs Barren (Atma Weapon + Valiant Knife) - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5EdNLjX6w0

Disclaimer: I was unable to do commentary on these sets of video's and volume's a little low on the first one (It was late ppl were sleeping, I didn't realize it would be that low though.)

Barren

That worked better than I expected. Those 280+ damage hawk's eye were really powerful. GG CT5Holy, that was a fun but rather short match. Hopefully this team of mine can take on other good teams out there
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Heroebal

I think fallenstarz team would do good with Truelight suggestions, I think also it could use some more resurrection capabilities maybe either item or punch art (w/martial arts won't help grandy or wpn but will still boost pa ) on the paladin would work. I believe her team has quite a bit of jp left over too the mime has some room for more talk skills and dancer can add more items as well.

I know my team is gonna hit everyone with southern cross including themselves, it's part of the fun though :).

fallenstarz101

me vs Heroebal
that match was fun to watch (even though all of my attacks and dances kept missing). the chemist was a unique concept and the mimes were too, able to use the chemist's quickening ability to speed the three of them up simultaneously :mrgreen: gg
hello!

Heroebal

Quote from: fallenstarz101 on November 22, 2015, 11:08:42 am
me vs Heroebal
that match was fun to watch (even though all of my attacks and dances kept missing). the chemist was a unique concept and the mimes were too, able to use the chemist's quickening ability to speed the three of them up simultaneously :mrgreen: gg

which hinders the ability to connect attacks combine that with my team having high evade/abandon and it becomes really hard to land hits.  Protecting against darkness for grand users is a good idea. Concentrate is another way to get through evasion, so maybe a basic skill setup could work on the paladin too. 

The match definitely was fun to watch. My team can heal a lot too b/c every time the chemist uses a potion or squire uses nurse the mimes also use it.

dw6561

That was a great example of how quickening can act as a counter to slow dance. I can't seem to be able to watch more than round one, but I know that blind protection would have been really good for that paladin. GG both of you.
This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.

Shintroy

I haven't had the time for arena lately and I only remember this match due to winning by Gold Armor and Death Sentence.[sarcasm]Well deserved if I must say [/sarcasm] 

I'm working on getting a team together involving a mime not using talk skill or item. Haven't decided in which direction to go due to mime positioning. Keep fighting the good fight lads.
Some day my people will be free.

fallenstarz101

one little comment  :mrgreen:
punchy oracles are awful but fun  :lol: 
hello!

Andrew

So, when's that Hawk's Eye nerf going to happen?  ;)

dw6561

I knew all that evasion would come in handy. Now that I look at it my, time mage could have had a little more HP, but it may also be fine. GG Man.

Also hi Barren's Mom  :)

This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.