• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:43:58 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

R999 holy place

Started by Dome, February 03, 2010, 06:02:49 pm

Dome

February 03, 2010, 06:02:49 pm Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 01:33:37 pm by Dome
This the R999 holy place, where his loyal servants will reunite to pray for his mercy and to have theire life spared
Here we will post his pearls of wisdom about FFT 1.3 and more
I will start

1)
Quote from: "R999"Rafa has Low brave. No matter what you tell me there's no way you can convince me that a low brave character can be good for any reason at all. Reaction abilities are a huge part of the game. Most of the matches I have come to almost be dependent on them to trigger at least 70% of the time. This is a significant disadvantage compared to most generics. If you are going to keep a low brave character a good alternative, then you'll better make sure that this character is very worthwhile to go without a reaction ability.
Never heard of Abadon and weapon guard man? They don't use the Br value

2)
Quote from: "R999"The only time when I consider Oracle's skillset to be better is solely because of the MP Drain ability, which used right, can be game breaking
LULWUT?

3)
Quote from: "Voldemort"
Quote from: "R999"But that's not really what I was after. I guess I am more talking about this from the perspective of balancing the game's classes. To me it just makes more sense when Skillsets and Job multipliers alone should determine the balance of the classes, and not stat growths.
stat growths do NOT determine the balance of classes more than job multipliers and skillsets

4)
Quote from: "Zeron"
Quote from: "R999"I have never once said that I have done sufficient research. All I am saying is merely based on what I am familiar with and what I know. Obviously.
So shut the fuck up.  You admit that you don't know shit all, yet you insist that everyone entertain your ideas.  
If this is what you know then you need to go out and learn more.

5)
Quote from: "Zeron"
Quote from: "philsov"And, imo, yes, it should be this way; it's a conceptual thing.  Wouldn't you expect a career-long knight to have different stats than a career-long summoner?  Some weak-ass caster will have withered armed by that time while the knight wouldn't know the difference between Fairy and Golem.  
Quote from: "R999"Actually no I would not.
Someone who sits at a computer all day should definitely be just as strong as someone who works out everyday.  Obviously.  philsov is so dumb...

6)
Quote from: "philsov"
QuoteCan't you fix that by simply increasing the whoever boss's jump level so he can just jump out of the range? Is this possible?
wat

7)
Quote from: "R999"Considering Damage is the ONLY thing Hydras can do
Dark whisper hits 6 times and can inflict sleep - death
With monster skill they can use a special - instant version of Mbarrier on themself and on nearby dragons...
Are you sure that damage is the ONLY thing they can do?

8)

9 He/she started a whole project, only to leave it alone after 7.3 seconds 'cause Arch flamed him/her

R999 = Voldemort. You know, like in fight club.

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Zeron

Quote from: "philsov"And, imo, yes, it should be this way; it's a conceptual thing.  Wouldn't you expect a career-long knight to have different stats than a career-long summoner?  Some weak-ass caster will have withered armed by that time while the knight wouldn't know the difference between Fairy and Golem.  

Quote from: "R999"Actually no I would not.

Someone who sits at a computer all day should definitely be just as strong as someone who works out everyday.  Obviously.  philsov is so dumb...

Archael

Dome

Quote from: "Voldemort"lol this thread
This is meant to be a good or a bad thing?

Archael

neither

I'm saying it's funny

Dome

Quote from: "Voldemort"neither

I'm saying it's funny
Ah, I see

Dome

Updated with
Quote from: "R999"Considering Damage is the ONLY thing Hydras can do
Dark whisper hits 6 times and can inflict sleep - death
With monster skill they can use a special - instant version of Mbarrier on themself and on nearby dragons...
Are you sure that damage is the ONLY thing they can do?

Archael

add this PM he sent me after I moderated his topic

Dome

Thanks for your donation to our church, Voldemort
Your soul will be blessed

R999

lol thanks for the thread.

If you actually spend time to read all the responses in those things, I stand corrected in each and everyone of those. With the exception of the last one about Hydras. 6.25% chance to inflict status, big fucking deal lol. Even hitting 6 times in a row, without miss, that''s nearly 70% to not inflict any status. Surely, that is the intended behavior. You mind as well call Agrais and Orlandu Status characters by your logic (and they are even better at it than the Hydra!)

But thankyou dome for taking the time to correct my mistakes.

Dome

Quote from: "R999"lol thanks for the thread.

If you actually spend time to read all the responses in those things, I stand corrected in each and everyone of those. With the exception of the last one about Hydras. 6.25% chance to inflict status, big fucking deal lol. Even hitting 6 times in a row, without miss, that''s nearly 70% to not inflict any status. Surely, that is the intended behavior. You mind as well call Agrais and Orlandu Status characters by your logic (and they are even better at it than the Hydra!)

But thankyou dome for taking the time to correct my mistakes.

SilvasRuin

Oddly enough Dragon PowerUp's effects aren't listed with the other ability stats.  It's easy to just look it up in the patcher though.

Dome

Quote from: "SilvasRuin"Oddly enough Dragon PowerUp's effects aren't listed with the other ability stats.  It's easy to just look it up in the patcher though.
There is an even easier way...try it in-game xD

SilvasRuin

True enough.  He should have one around if he's commenting on them.  How much JP does that support cost?  200?

Aquinas

Dome you are a genius.  This thread is an instant classic.

R999

February 16, 2010, 11:56:52 pm #16 Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 12:18:53 am by R999
Quote from: "Dome"
Quote from: "SilvasRuin"Oddly enough Dragon PowerUp's effects aren't listed with the other ability stats.  It's easy to just look it up in the patcher though.
There is an even easier way...try it in-game xD

Since when did we want to make players try out everything in the game? By the same token and your logic, what is the point of putting up a list of changes made at all? Why not just remove everything and let the players find out everything themselves :)

Instead of admitting that there was something missing in the guide, you go ahead and try to use it as an excuse.

There's a few reasons why I didn't check what Dragon PowerUP does, in game.
1) Like most players, if I see "Dragon PowerUP", and I am NOT seeing any changes in the FAQ, I'll probably assume that it is the same "Dragon PowerUP" as in the original FFT.

2) I am in the middle of the last storybattle. Don't want to bother to load up another save. Can't see what the skill does in formation screen.

By the way, you actually think Oracle's spell absorb is not a good spell? Or did I just forgotten that this is nothing but a troll. Surely I am expecting you must have an opinion too, about a spell of a game.

SilvasRuin

QuoteSince when did we want to make players try out everything in the game?
Vanilla.

I think the point is more that Oracle has a number of useful abilities that you are overlooking the usefulness of, not just that single spell, and there are other means of eliminating enemy MP that are more potent, even if they do need an extra Chakra or Ether than Oracle would.  Eliminating enemy MP prevents them from using their more useful options, which is better than leaving them a bit more than you would have just because you wanted a bit of MP healing at the same time.  It is good but hardly game breaking.

And seriously, why are you trying to defend yourself in THIS thread of all places?  No matter how rational you manage to be, doing so here is like suicide.

R999

Quote from: "SilvasRuin"
QuoteSince when did we want to make players try out everything in the game?
Vanilla.

I think the point is more that Oracle has a number of useful abilities that you are overlooking the usefulness of, not just that single spell, and there are other means of eliminating enemy MP that are more potent, even if they do need an extra Chakra or Ether than Oracle would.  Eliminating enemy MP prevents them from using their more useful options, which is better than leaving them a bit more than you would have just because you wanted a bit of MP healing at the same time.  It is good but hardly game breaking.

And seriously, why are you trying to defend yourself in THIS thread of all places?  No matter how rational you manage to be, doing so here is like suicide.

@silvasRuin,

Perhaps we have a disagreement in the Oracle's abilities. I juggle around Oracle / Summoner / Sage with my main casters. I am not denying in anyway at all that Oracles have great abilities. I love their skillset, but there is a lot of overlapping for the Oracle and the Sage. Spell Absorb is game breaking to me, about 30% of the battles I was able to burn up the enemy mages/swordskillers mana. We seem to agree with that part at least right?

Quoteother means of eliminating enemy MP that are more potent

Maybe I am mistaken, but other than Osafone (Samurai), and MP Ruin (Knight), what else is there? Osafone is a given. And I use Spell Absorb together with it (unless, I am at earlier levels of the game where I don't have access to the Saumrai sword). Used together with the Samurai's Osafone, I can safely say that you will never find anyone who can last 1 Osafone followed by 2 Spell Absorbs. Effectively making the enemies, including A LOT of the special class bosses, useless. If you don't believe me, I encourage you to try it out for yourself.

edit: I should also probably state that there are some ??? enemies that can be completely handicapped by Spell Absorbs, including a few Zodiac battles. At least for the one at the Dycedarg/Zalbaag battle. Draining 999 MP, you only need to cast Spell Absorb a few times. He'll do a counter magic to gain some mana back, afterwards he'll just whack you with physical attacks / other weak spells. According to the Master Guide, he has Spell Absorb too, but that didn't happen to me. And you can guess what would I do next even if he did.

Agreed that this isn't a good place to talk but whatever. At least I find Dome's posts to be entertaining enough.

Shade

"Since when did we want to make players try out everything in the game?"

:shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :lol:
Upupupu...

Zetsubou