• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 03:56:21 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Quotes in 1.3

Started by Alistaire, November 28, 2014, 03:07:48 pm

Alistaire

I'm curious about the reason why some of the ability quotes are removed in 1.3

3lric

I'm curious why you are asking a question about 1.3 on a forum where it isn't hosted
  • Modding version: PSX

kyozo22

Quote from: Alistaire on November 28, 2014, 03:07:48 pm
I'm curious about the reason why some of the ability quotes are removed in 1.3

Well, you'd probably have to ask over on the site that both hosts and updates 1.3, although even then, I doubt anyone'll be able to answer your question.

Hope you get the answers you're looking for though, dude! :)
  • Modding version: WotL

Alistaire

Quote from: Elric on November 28, 2014, 04:49:26 pm
I'm curious why you are asking a question about 1.3 on a forum where it isn't hosted

I'm curious why the admins on this site are so freaking rude? I made 2 topics in the last 24 hours and both you and the admin from the other topic are being rude to me (a new member). Way to keep your members happy...

I asked about 1.3 because last time when I was here, years ago, it was still a whole hype on this site.
But SORRY

kyozo22

I think "rude" is exaggerating somewhat. "Blunt", definitely,  but I see nothing particularly wrong with that. I think the issue might be more closely linked to sensitivity on your end, but maybe I'm reading it wrong.
  • Modding version: WotL

3lric

November 28, 2014, 05:59:56 pm #5 Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 06:29:44 pm by Elric
Xifanie wasn't rude to you. She gave you a short answer and then explained a longer one. While what she said may be harsh, its realistic. When you are harsh you weed out derps that will be here for a month, ask all sorts of shit and then disappear.

If you had even BOTHERED to check the site, like, at all. You'd see its not hosted here and I wouldn't have had to explain this.

This is a modding community, not a gaming community. If you feel people are rude you might not belong here. We are blunt because that's how we learn to not be derpy. If it wasn't for Xif being harsh with me, neither Jot5 or TLW would even exist.

If you don't like our methods, I can show you where the door is.

Xifanie

Well, I'm sorry, but I have better things to do than promote false dreams; I have enough work on my hands.

If you have a dream but don't have the motivation to accomplish it because the smallest things irritate you, it doesn't exactly make me want to help you waste more of my time. Because I consider that if you don't plan to put the effort to make your project come to fruition, it's not even worth starting. I'd rather help people that have a more promising future, really.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Angel

I feel the need to respond in as diplomatic a way as possible, here.

We've been getting a lot of new users lately whose technical skill level is somewhere around, "I know where the power button is on my computer" and, "I only injured myself twice eating cereal this morning". I personally try to help everyone to the best of my abilities, but the overall level of patience for uninformed questions has gotten a bit low due to so many people not understanding what image editing software is, or that you can't just click on a few buttons and have the mod of your dreams fall out.

It is not our goal to be rude, but it should be expected that the quality of the question will affect the quality of the answer, especially when the answering party is jaded and worn.

It's gotten a bit tiresome to still have people asking questions about 1.3 when it hasn't been hosted or had an open forum here in over three years. Again, we don't aim to be rude, but it's a bit like hearing the same joke made at your expense over and over again. My initials are ALF, and no, I do not eat cats. I was tired of hearing reactions to it 20 years ago, and it's not getting any less tiresome.

Just consider the context, is all. Beginner questions are responded to bluntly but honestly, and never with a mean spirit. We're more like those hardass teachers you had in high school who you thought were unfair, but were really just challenging you to a path of greater success. We don't really want you to give up and run home with your tail between your legs; we want you to stand up and say, "oh yeah? Well I'll show you!" and persevere.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?