• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:36:00 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

☢ ☢ ☢ FFT 1.3 AI Tournament Season 5 ☢ ☢ ☢ [FINISHED] Post-Discussion

Started by Wiz, May 27, 2011, 12:04:42 am

veliuz

June 12, 2011, 02:15:47 pm #220 Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 03:07:50 pm by veliuz
Time for round 2 of losers!!

edit.......i cant count

and get to it fdcs ^^

Wiz

you mean Round 2 of Loser's :P

Speaking of which, if y'all look at the bracket (by Celdia <3) and/or map listings, I'm keeping the competitors as to who fights who updated that way people don't get confused how the matches will be layed out. I'm copying the way S4 Loser's was run exactly FYI. Basically, LOSER'S Matches 17-21 are fdcs to record.

Also, get to it Barren, you're up ^^

hmm, may as well comment on all the matches I haven't for so far.

That DO Summoner bypassing Abandon clinched it.

Stupid AI, nharayana totally should've won R2

Ahh, no more tentacles

LOTS of DPS, damn

That priest was too much for Ryason's team to handle

aww, natureguy could've came back in round 2

No need for pre-battle analysis. Still, Koko won for a change? AMAZING! :mrgreen:

Those gear breaks man, they sealed the deal for LightningHax w/ that thief's innate concentrate support ability

Berserk cancels Confusion? Interesting? Also, CHARM!

Again, Charm = Clincher

• Modding version: Other/Unknown

Pride

I feel a little better now that I was able to at least apply some resistance to aquilae's team o.o
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Barren

I guess I'll be facing Aquilae....GL Man, it should be one hell of a match!

Ill record vids tomorrow morning and upload my four matches by either on that day or the next morning, so hope everyone can wait a day or two for the rest of round 3 matches
You dare cross blades with me?

Kaz

Quote from: Barren on June 12, 2011, 07:19:20 pm
Ill record vids tomorrow morning and upload my four matches by either on that day or the next morning, so hope everyone can wait a day or two for the rest of round 3 matches

nope. completely unacceptable.
to hell with you mustadio haters

philsov

QuoteMatch 52 Aquilae vs PrismSword

See, I felt kind of bad about my loss to Prism.  Like... had it been Prism vs. me it would've been different because of the AT order imo.  That and the charging a frog onto the unit who would immediately get a turn.  But... I'm over it.  I don't think I stood a chance here either.  At all. 
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Barren

Quote from: Kaz on June 12, 2011, 08:25:26 pm
nope. completely unacceptable.

lol you can't wait can you? well good news is I actually got to manage the time to record, so the matches WILL be up by tomorrow so the wait isn't that long any more :)

formerdeathcorps

June 12, 2011, 10:43:54 pm #227 Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 10:56:03 pm by formerdeathcorps

Round 2 was interesting, but I think three things were crucial to my squad's win:

1) The early petrify proc on NG's ninja, which stalled his squad's offense by a turn, enough to give my squad some breathing room.
2) The lack of ranged and AoE damage on NG's squad, allowing my squad to exploit higher movement and simply run away, even while Don't Acted.
3) The unit who wasn't DA'd early was the ninja, the fastest unit, and by far the most effective sandbagger and offensive striker.

Pierce vs. Derevish
Aquilae vs. Barren

I can't easily predict who will win, though I feel Derevish and Aquilae have the slight advantages.
If my squad makes it anywhere in Loser's Bracket, they'll have to face the loser between Aquilae and Barren in Loser Bracket's Group of Eight, and to be honest, I'd rather face Aquilae than Barren.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Barren

Once again Pierce's team surprises me

Killer squire strikes again!

Good match jansported, that charm had me for a second but my team showed its recovery power, hopefully it'll help me further these next few matches

That....was....ANNIHILATION!

Wiz

Round 1: UTTER BS! I did 100 simulations of this round and only lost like twice. WTF!?

Round 1 Clinchers for Gaignun
1. Celdia getting mid-charged from Reddas
2. Xifanie using chakra to heal up 45 HP instead of Murasame for 130 @ 6:18 (There's NO good reason for that to occur!) She did it because she would've healed up Reddas. Still, there's no way she didn't know she was going to die from Rikken by using Chakra.
3. DS on the Ninja w/ Angel Ring
4. The 16% @ 4:42 going off coupled with protect INSTEAD of shell @ 5:13 allowed the Wizard to KO my Ninja

Round 2: As expected except for the last 5 min lol

Round 2 Clinchers for me
1. Double Weapon Break at the beginning
2. DS hitting on that Wizard

Round 3: As expected, and I got close with that confuse proc going off.

Round 3 Clinchers for Gaignun

1. The map and placement of the units itself (Celdia's out front because of the terrain from the height precedent rule when normally she's in back + Perfect opportunity for DO to occur from that Wizard).
2. Reddas taking out Dissy two separate times with one being a 16% Book Shot and another coming from a melee

Overall, I'm disappointed my team chose to act stupid especially now. Regardless, I'll see whoever the winner is of the winner's bracket in the championship match :lol:

GG Gaignun

I'll update this post with the rest of the matches for this round soon.

Btw, GJ on changing your ePSXe settings Barren!

If they were the old ones, my match would've been like 6 min longer :mrgreen:

Mando

So ya... interesting I was almost certain I would until yesterday when I realized I didn't have the zodiac signs correct when I had helped lijj with the team.
So I had doubt yesterday....
Then EPIC comeback in round 1!!! If I can't out heal you... I MAKE YOU RUN OUT OF MP >:O

I knew I'd win round 2 but I was almost certain lijj would end up beating me in round 1.... his priest just went too far off by itself... also my melee knight running to that corner WHERE HEALS AREN'T was pretty dumb lol/

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!

Barren

Avalanche

that ninja in round 2 was epic, made me laugh xD

Wiz

Avalanche

The map Nevaska Temple favors the Player who isn´t stucked in the whole. Pretty unfortunate the ninja didnt get out until it was over more or less

Mando

Aero won... as I expected of him!

GOT CLOPS'D in round 2
Birds are evil.

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!

Pierce

June 14, 2011, 02:22:47 am #236 Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 02:23:22 am by Pierce
Quote from: Barren on June 13, 2011, 07:05:21 am
Once again Pierce's team surprises me

My team apparently surprises everyone, myself included. Good match Otabo, some lucky procs made it work for me. We'll see how the next round goes I suppose.
Ignorance itself is a crime! - Miluda

Gaignun

Quote from: Wiz on June 13, 2011, 02:07:57 pm
Round 1: UTTER BS! I did 100 simulations of this round and only lost like twice. WTF!?

Round 1 Clinchers for Gaignun
1. Celdia getting mid-charged from Reddas
2. Xifanie using chakra to heal up 45 HP instead of Murasame for 130 @ 6:18 (There's NO good reason for that to occur!) She did it because she would've healed up Reddas. Still, there's no way she didn't know she was going to die from Rikken by using Chakra.
3. DS on the Ninja w/ Angel Ring
4. The 16% @ 4:42 going off coupled with protect INSTEAD of shell @ 5:13 allowed the Wizard to KO my Ninja

Round 2: As expected except for the last 5 min lol

Round 2 Clinchers for me
1. Double Weapon Break at the beginning
2. DS hitting on that Wizard

Round 3: As expected, and I got close with that confuse proc going off.

Round 3 Clinchers for Gaignun

1. The map and placement of the units itself (Celdia's out front because of the terrain from the height precedent rule when normally she's in back + Perfect opportunity for DO to occur from that Wizard).
2. Reddas taking out Dissy two separate times with one being a 16% Book Shot and another coming from a melee

Overall, I'm disappointed my team chose to act stupid especially now. Regardless, I'll see whoever the winner is of the winner's bracket in the championship match :lol:

GG Gaignun

Squidgy will send me to the loser's bracket if Mando doesn't.  You can show us your team's superiority if we meet again there.

I'm through three of my five matches.  I hope to have them all ready to be uploaded by the time formerdeathcorps uploads his.

The Damned

Ugh. Finally caught up on everything from the beginning.

Only saying "ugh" because of how long some of those matches went and how painful the AI can be to watch at times. (That Black Chocobo....)

Well, that and Kikuichimonji and Ninja being as dominating as I figured they were going to be. Oh well. At least it's not surprising.

Thanks to Wiz, Barren, Gaignun and formerdeathcorps for narrating.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Barren

You also forgot Piercewise Damned >_<

and plus you say that kikuichimonji and ninjas are shining but now we're in the quarter finals so now we'll see how much longer they'll last

watching the black chocobo in action I will agree with you on it is painful :/

But nonetheless glad you're enjoying the tournament Damned, expect more great matches to come