• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:53:27 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Equip Change ASM

Started by BlankM, March 10, 2014, 11:35:44 pm

BlankM

Figured it wouldn't hurt to ask, but maybe using innate equip change on everyone would be good combined with an ASM that makes it so it doesn't take away an action?

formerdeathcorps

Let me make sure I understand.  You want it so...
1) If you have already acted, you cannot switch EQs.
2) If you have not acted, you can switch EQs as many times as you want up until your action?
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

BlankM

That's correct. You would not be able to say, attack with two hand then switch to a shield. But you could equip change and then still attack.

formerdeathcorps

This one took me a while, but it's pretty simple in the end.

EQUIP.OUT
0x9FC
00 00 02 34
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

BlankM

Awesome, thanks a lot! All these great hex edits make me want to take a hand at a patch too.

Celdia

Tested this out a bit and it works wonderfully. Good work, FDC.

For anyone making use of the ARH in tandem with it, if a player removes a piece of equipment that the ARH requires for access to the only skills in the unit's skillset, the skillset will not be immediately greyed out. You can select it and the next menu will be empty except for what appears to be the skill in the skillslot above Cure in FFTP. Attempting to use it results in a 00% chance to hit a non-effect [assuming vanilla values that is] that does not cause any kind of crash when you use it so it isn't particularly dangerous. Just thought it was an amusing conflict worth noting. I know at one point there were more than a few people making use of the ARH for swordskill-like things so this might be relevant to them.

You can even add text to the skill in TacText and have it show up:

Despite 'Do Nothing' being greyed out, you can still select to use it.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

BlankM

Is there any reason I can't simply plug this into orgASM? It doesn't seem to show up for me.

Xifanie

FFTOrgASM uses a very strict format. If you provide the code, I should be able to tell what's wrong with it.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

formerdeathcorps

<Patch name="EQ Change is not an action">
    <Description>
      Use equip change without taking up an action.
    </Description>
    <Location file="EVENT_EQUIP_OUT" offset="9fc">
    </Location>
  </Patch>

Angel

This is a total game changer for my patch (which will probably never be released, but meh) as it makes the one character who uses ARH behave exactly as I need him to. Brilliant work, and many thanks!
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

BlankM

Ah thanks guys. Thats what it was I was using EQUIP_OUT instead of EVENT_EQUIP_OUT.