• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:24:35 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

2nd FFT Arena Single Class Challenge AI Tournament

Started by Barren, August 11, 2015, 07:16:35 am

gatebuster202

Quote from: Reks on August 31, 2015, 10:41:49 pm
Funny: Demi is more of a side offense and a way to heal the Cursed Ring Squire.

The ones you'll wanna watch for are the male Squires. Especially the second one. He eats low-HP units for breakfast, and as far as I can see none of your units really have over 300 HP.

We'll have to see in the end. I did not expect to win against Rouroni, and that's because he'd hit my weakness hard (and did).

We're looking at sporadic bad compatibility. Each unit has bad compat with another so that will mitigate some damage. I have enough sustain to survive a hit and stay up, as do you. It will literally come down to the better AI set up on the map.

@Everyone else. I intend to get recording tonight or tomorrow morning. I'll do round Five for certain. Might get Six done as well. Hopefully b4 Barren gets the Semifinal done.
  • Modding version: PSX
Winner of the 2nd FFT Arena SCC Tourney. -Geomancers

Barren

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

gatebuster202

@Reks
GG Reks, that was probably the most nail-biting fourteen minutes. I kept expecting th undead squire to get back up and start out pacing my revives R3. R1 was more luck then anything when that Holy missed off the Aegis. Honestly that Charm was a great addition to your team if it had come up once in R3 I might have been looking at the Doom Train.
R2 was your squires making very good use of Demi, and being able to engage immediately instead of losing a turn to Accumulate. I built my team wanting to see quickening thieves running up to me and using Quickening, but it seems to work for Accumulate an Focus too. Again, GG, and you do pack quite the wallop with those blades so a rematch will be fun if it happens.

I am having an excel issue ATM, but it should be resolved shortly.

Corosar

I will have the next loser round up after i wake. just about to head to bed
Time for a new season!

V 1.4.1 W/L: 3 / 7
V 1.4 W/L: 3 / 14.5
V 1.39 W/L: 13.25 / 22

Corosar

After alot of delays, I falling asleep while rendering the videos for one >~<, i got them done here you are everyone ROUND 5!

Match 21 - TrueLight vs fattyzilla
Match 22 - Mudvayne vs Herobal
Time for a new season!

Elmdork

Oh man, that was a great match, can't even be mad about a game like that. Round 1 was Murphy's law for me, if a couple of things went right I could have taken that. Round 2 was the complete opposite, more things hit than they had any business doing but it seem they still had a hard time putting the squires away. Great job on the commentary, CT5Holy, it was a blast all season.

GG, reks. Ain't no shame in being beaten by a master, good luck in the semi finals!
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

gatebuster202

Quote from: Corosar on September 03, 2015, 11:43:38 pm
After alot of delays, I falling asleep while rendering the videos for one >~<, i got them done here you are everyone ROUND 5!

Match 21 - TrueLight vs fattyzilla
Match 22 - Mudvayne vs Herobal

I haven't finished watching the matches yet, but Corosar, what is that music from??

TrueLight

I felt good after round one, but it just seem to go downhill from there. Too many wasted turns after that Charm which doesn't help against a fast team of Thieves. Wizards couldn't recover in round three after the missed Raise 2. It was a nice run for me in the loser's bracket, but it looks like my time has come. GG.

Heroebal

September 04, 2015, 01:00:07 am #228 Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 02:14:17 am by Heroebal
Damn that was a bad sign with two frog procs right off the bat. GG Mud I had a fun/good run this time around @ this tourney.

Nice win for Fattyzilla, those thieves can be tenacious. Good run TL, can't have too many missed opportunities against thieves. Those last two wizards didn't go down with out a fight though.

Corosar

Quote from: gatebuster202 on September 04, 2015, 12:22:27 am
I haven't finished watching the matches yet, but Corosar, what is that music from??

Truelight vs fattyzilla - King's march from Emerald dragon  PC engine (turbo graphics CD) version at character screen then boss battle 2 chrono trigger then stone tower temple from majoras mask then geoscape from xcom ufo defense (dos version)

Mudvayne vs herobal had music all from Tzar: burden of the crown
Time for a new season!

Mudvayne

Wow really? I thought for sure this was it for me... My team continues to surprise me and pull out the W! GG man.

That raise2 missing right at the beginning of R3 was big. Those thiefs just absolutely swarmed all over TrueLights team. Those 12 speed thiefs are pretty scary. Good job Fattyzilla!

Good luck to you in our upcoming match, DW! I'm comin' for ya! ;)
Your pesky shields and mantles won't save ya from my unavoidable summons and concentrated zerker samurai  :twisted:
(just kidding of course, it's all in good fun. Truth be told I'm quite scared of your geos, but I've been worried about my last like 3 matchups and continue to be surprised with my team so I'm just gonna roll with it  :P)

dw6561

Quote from: Mudvayne on September 04, 2015, 12:08:49 pm
Good luck to you in our upcoming match, DW! I'm comin' for ya! ;)
Your pesky shields and mantles won't save ya from my unavoidable summons and concentrated zerker samurai  :twisted:
(just kidding of course, it's all in good fun. Truth be told I'm quite scared of your geos, but I've been worried about my last like 3 matchups and continue to be surprised with my team so I'm just gonna roll with it  :P)

We'll see how it goes. We do have AOE healing in the form of cure 2 and murasame.
This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.

CupOfOrangeJuice

Thanks guys! And oh man, I never thought I would ever make it this far in an AI tournament. I usually always go 0-2 in every one.

CupOfOrangeJuice

Oh and GG's to Truelight. I never thought that the two swords Wizard would have been much of a threat but it proved to be very powerful.

gatebuster202

I'll record after work for the last four rounds. It will be all FF/Lotz music, no commentary.

(I some how survived a sixty hour week, thanks BB, and then my daughter's B-day party.) If anyone wants to speed me up can they send me a MCR of the round six matches, so I can just record. (If not I have to put a few in. Which is no problem, but that's more time. ;))

Barren

Hey all just want to let you know that I will finish the loser's bracket tomorrow since I have the day off. We do need to get this tournament finished up otherwise people will lose interest. So best of luck to the remaining players in the tourney

Corosar

I was wondering what was going on. part of me wondered if i should record the next round as well but i was giving gatebuster time if you need i can get the rounds recorded up to reks' battle
Time for a new season!

Barren

That would be great Corosar thanks. I'll do the matches up until whoever faces Reks. When I'm done with the matches you go next

Corosar

Urm .... no offence barren but i wish to avoid doing reks' battle as i fear having a bit too much bias towards the outcome. but if it comes to that i will do my best to do so.
Time for a new season!

Barren