• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:59:33 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Updating for 134 - shove everything here

Started by FFMaster, October 25, 2011, 07:31:47 pm

formerdeathcorps

I disagree, Pierce.  The rate of reactions does not need to be higher in Arena because reactions essentially are free turns that perform a limited action.  If this limited action is something the unit should be doing anyways, a 70% reaction rate is fairly powerful.  A unit like that deserves a high drawback.  (Fury + Faith) / 2 serves that purpose adequately.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

FFMaster

Alright, exams done. If there is anything people agree/disagree or something extra they want, now is the last chance to put it in 134.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

RavenOfRazgriz

I don't mind Pierce's idea.  It's situationally free turns, but it encourages otherwise "bad" setups with a proportional reward and promotes mages actually having a Reaction skill, whether it's MP Restore or something else.  Right now, there's not much reason to have anything much other than MP Restore or nothing on them unless you're lucky enough to be able to afford something like Auto Potion, in which point what the fuck kind of spell-based mage are YOU running to have that much JP left?  Then again, I'm also in favor of more customization and more risk/reward options, which a more liberal Reaction rate allows. 

Not to say (Fury+Faith)/2 is bad, it's still a HUGE improvement.  Hell, I suggested it.  I just also favor more liberal setups where possible.

Also realizing with the Faith Constant, my Magic Gun WPs might be too high, so make sure you compute that damage.  13/14/15 on Bolt/Ice/Fire might be better initially because of how their floor damage has been buffed.

FFMaster

Current list of shit to do: Items
Classes
Abilities from Summoner and down
Implement ASM hacks

Changelog

MECHANICS

Faith Constant
Added new Proc hack(untested)

CLASSES

- Chemist loses 1 MA

ABILITIES
- Any ability with Faith has had their X/Y changed. Too many to list.

Basic Skill
- Accumulate now 0 CT
- Throw Stone now PA*3 Damage, 100% Cancel: Performing
- Heal now Cancels: Charm, loses Cancel: Berserk
- Ultima JP reduced to 350, Range increased to 5, CT decreased to 5, MP decreased to 30

Item
- X Potion JP reduced to 150

Chivalry
- All Chivalry abilities MP reduced by 4
- Transfusion JP reduced to 200
- Iron Will JP reduced to 100
- Magicward JP reduced to 100
- Counter JP reduced to 250
- Equip Armor JP reduced to 450
- Equip Heavy Blade JP reduced to 300

Snipe
- Greased Bolt now PA*5 Damage, 100% Add: Poison, Oil

Punch Art
- Chakra range reduced to 1, AoE increased to 1
- Stigma Magic range reduced to 1, AoE increased to 1, loses Cancel: Berserk

White Magic
- Cure 2/3/4 JP reduced to 100/150/200 respectively
- Raise 1/2 JP reduced to 100/200 respectively
- Reraise JP reduced to 100
- Regen JP reduced to 70
- Protect 2/Shell 2/Wall JP reduced to 200
- Holy JP reduced to 400

Black Magic
- Fire and Bolt 1/2/3/4 JP reduced to 50/100/150/200 respectively
- Ice 1/2/3/4 JP reduced to 60/120/180/240 respectively
- Poison JP reduced to 50
- Frog JP reduced to 150
- Death JP reduced to 200
- Teleport JP reduced to 300

Time Magic
- Short Charge JP reduced to 400
- Float(movement) JP reduced to 200

Summon Magic
- All summons get a flat 10 MP decrease except for Moogle, which gets a 3 MP decrease
- Moogle JP reduced to 50
- Shiva/Ifrit/Ramuh JP reduced to 100
- Titan/Leviathan/Salamaner JP reduced to 150
- Carbunkle remade to heal MA*6 MP, 5 MP cost
- Silf now deals F(MA*8) Wind damage, 20% Add: Don't Move or Don't Act
- Cyclops now Holy element
- MP Restore JP reduced to 450
- Half of MP JP reduced to 200

Steal
- Quickening now 0 CT
- Equip Light Blade JP cost decreased to 150

Geomancy
- Geomancy X increased by 1

Draw Out
- Kotetsu loses Add: Darkness

Ninjitsu
- Kagesougi now now 100% Add: Blind

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: FFMaster on November 08, 2011, 03:27:33 amCLASSES

- Chemist loses 1 MA
- Mediator loses 2 MA, gains Robes

You missed probably the most important thing of this whole update.

Your attitude on iRC made me think you think we're fucking around and just want Mediators with Robes but their 12 MA is actually a problem because they're essentially the best at fucking EVERYTHING... and you go and reduce Chemist MA instead when their MA isn't even the problem.  >.>

FFMaster

If you read the whole post, you would have noticed that I'm going through it all, starting with abilities. Your very first post told to reduce Chemist MA by 1, so please go back through and refresh your memory. I am going through your post one change at a time. I don't care how important update X is to Y, doing it in order helps when I have to update every damn spreadsheet on my end, update Patcher for Faith system and Proc system and balance at the same time.

RavenOfRazgriz

Oh.

I don't even remember writing that in my post, honestly.  I think it was just a random bit to appease the small crowd that goes "Chemists are better than Mediators!" even though Mediators are better than Chemists at doing everything besides using Item...

Though it's still probably a good idea.

FFMaster

Here is a list of all changes so far. I may complete the patch tomorrow if I feel up to it.

Changelog

MECHANICS

- Haste becomes 48 CT
- Reflect(status) CT now 0 (lasts until dispelled or death)
- Faith Constant added (all spells that originally used Faith now uses (CasF+35)*(TarF+35)/100000

CLASSES
- Chemist loses 1 MA
- Geomancer move increased to 4
- Lancer loses 1 speed

ABILITIES

Basic Skill
- Accumulate now 0 CT
- Ultima JP reduced to 350, Range increased to 5, CT decreased to 5, MP decreased to 30

Item

Chivalry

Snipe

Punch Art

White Magic
- Regen JP reduced to 70
- Holy JP reduced to 400

Black Magic
- Frog JP reduced to 150

Time Magic

Summon Magic
- All summons get a flat 10 MP decrease except for Moogle, which gets a 3 MP decrease

Steal
- Quickening now 0 CT
- Steal Accessory JP reduced to 150

Talk Skill
- Persuade X increased to 35

Geomancy
- Geomancy X increased to 2

Jump
- Jump JP costs redone across the board. Added Level Jump 6.

Draw Out

Ninjitsu
- Tsumazuku now Dmg_(Weapon), 100% Cancel: Haste

Sing/Dance
- All Songs/Dances JP increased to 200
- Cheer Song X increased to 33
- Battle Song X increased to 66
- Magic Song X increased to 66
- Polka Polka X decreased to 40
- Disillusion X decreased to 40
- PA/MA Save JP decreased to 400
- Brave/Faith UP JP decreased to 200

ITEMS

Weapons
- Chaos Blade gains 20 W-EV, gains Cancel: Reraise
- Battle Axe WP increased to 10
- Giant Axe WP increased to 11
- Slasher WP increased to 13
- Bizen Boat WP decreased to 9
- Murasame WP increased to 11
- Fire/Ice/Thunder Rods proc down to 50%
- Poison Rod WP increased to 10
- Scorpion Tail WP down to 11
- Range of magic guns increased to 6
- Blaze Gun WP up to 17
- Glacier Gun WP up to 15
- Blast Gun WP up to 14
- Battle Dict WP increased to 13
- Monster DIct WP increased to 15, 25% Cast: Reflect
- Papyrus Plate WP decreased to 9
- Madlemgen changed to 25% Add: Stop
- All spears except Obelisk and Dragon Whisker gain 1 speed
- H Bag loses Initial: Slow
- Ryozan Silk becomes Initial: Reflect

Armor
- Flash Hat changed: 90 HP, Initial: Innocent
- Reflect Mail becomes Initial: Reflect
- Cachusha changed to HP: 80, MP: 80

Accessories
- Rubber Shoes loses Cancel: Don't Move, gains Cancel: Don't Act
- Feather Boots gains Cancel: Don't Move
- Heretic's Ring remade to Reflect Ring - 1 MA, Initial: Reflect, Cancel: Silence
- Cherche now Always: Protect
- Setiemson now Always: Shell

TODO
- Not sure about Germinas Boots. giving an item 2 Jump is woohoo? to me, it's a waste of an item attribute.
- On the fence about Sprint Shoes. From what I've seen, it's a great item and still used.
- Flash Hat most likely too high in HP.
- Thinking of adding Cancel Reflect to Chaos Blade.
- Ninja Element Skills... maybe.
- Summons/Lore still need to be worked on. I've left these to the end on purpose.

RavenOfRazgriz

Stuff we discussed on IRC/otherwise that I see missing from this list:

Reflect (spell) gaining Cancel: Performing (and goddamnit give it a new name)

White Staff's proc going down to 50%.
Rainbow Staff becoming 10 WP, Halve/Weak All Elements.
Wizard Staff becoming 8 WP.
Healing Staff becoming 12 WP.
Mace of Zeus becoming 6 WP.

Stuff I feel needs doing:

Persuade gaining 1 Area of Effect.  It's basically Stop-lite, the Area of Effect won't break it, it'll just make it vaguely usable.

Re: Germinas Boots - I'm pretty sure they don't actually serve a purpose without being 1 Move 2 Jump, because Feather Boots give 1 Move, Soft-1 Jump, anti-Earth, and now anti-Don't Move all in one package.  If they don't gain at least 1 Jump, they should probably be remade into something else, because there's no reason to ever use Germinas Boots over Feather Boots outside of obscure niche situations that I can think of.

Re: Flash Hat - It should probably be 80 HP, similar to Green Beret, unless you intend to buff the HP of all the other Hats as well.  (The average of non-Green Beret, non-Black Hood Hat HP is currently 50.)  Honestly, that may not be a bad idea to give the non-Green Beret, non-Black Hood Hats a flat 10 HP buff or so, then add this new Flash Hat in at 80 HP and Initial: Innocent to contrast Green Beret as a higher-HP Hat.

Re: Cancel Reflect on Chaos Blade - Sure.

Re: Lore - Not sure much needs to be changed.  The area-hit skills see use in a good number of strategies.  They're all niche, but it's not a terrible showing.  It's mostly the Bios and Tornado/Quake that need any reworking, and in Bio's case its just losing Dark Element on Bio 1 and Bio 2.

formerdeathcorps

November 08, 2011, 11:20:25 am #29 Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 01:46:08 pm by formerdeathcorps
Lore does not need natural selection because everyone uses elemental lore as a means to heal their squad + damage the enemy.  Bio 1/2 don't need to be dark elemental, and tornado and quake need better effects because they're effectively summons that are outclassed by titan and now, silf.

Didn't we decide to replace Float (the ability) with Comet (Fixed 80 damage)?

Flash Hat adding 90 HP?  I'd rather it add 70 HP and 35 MP since it's meant to be the ninjitsu spammer's hat.

The pole nerfs also aren't on here, though it probably would be more interesting if we did
10 WP (Whale Whisker, 2H)
11 WP (Octagon Rod, no 2H)
12 WP (Gokuu Rod, no 2H)
14 WP (Iron Fan, no 2H)

If you insist on nerfing Lancer SPD, can we also add +1 SPD to the obelisk as well?  I'd rather see only +1 PA on that spear, but there's no reason insist on making martial arts lancers slower since they aren't even the best at damage (that's your 2H lancer [which now has 9 SPD]), healing (that's your item bot Javelin lancer [10 SPD]), or range (that's your dragon whisker knight who uses jump), all for the sake of jump (which is mostly redundant for an earth slash lancer).
I personally still see no reason to lower it.  It's just the vagary of someone who wants to use JUMP more, and the way JUMP is currently structured gives no good choice.  I'd rather see lancer have only one move called JUMP at 4-6 Range / 8 Height Tolerance (with the ability to add jump status to self while charging, if we can't code that yet, then it should be instant with HP recoil) on top of a real skillset, like every other class we've fixed.

As for these moves, I suggest:
Lancet (1 Range v1; hack Night Sword so HP restored is only 1/3 of your DMG)
Ice Breath (2 Range v4 linear, PA * 8, boosted by MATKUP, blocked by M-EV/Shell/MADEF)
Fire Breath (2 Range v4 linear, PA * 8, boosted by MATKUP, blocked by M-EV/Shell/MADEF)
Lightning Breath (2 Range v4 linear, PA * 8, boosted by MATKUP, blocked by M-EV/Shell/MADEF)
Holy Breath (2 Range v4 linear, PA * 8, boosted by MATKUP, blocked by M-EV/Shell/MADEF)
Jump (6 Range v8, Fixed 6 CTR, standard JUMP damage [formula 64], no evade, +Jump status to self while Jumping)
OR
Jump [v2] (4 Range v8, standard JUMP damage [formula 64], no evade, hack Formula 64 so the Y value is recoil %; Y = 25)

This way, Lancer becomes the counterpart to ninja in terms of elements used (if you make ninja dark/earth/wind on their ninjitsu attacks).
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: formerdeathcorps on November 08, 2011, 11:20:25 amIf you insist on nerfing Lancer SPD, can we also add +1 SPD to the obelisk as well?  I'd rather see only +1 PA on that spear, but there's no reason insist on making martial arts lancers slower since they aren't even the best at damage (that's your 2H lancer [which now has 9 SPD]), healing (that's your item bot Javelin lancer [10 SPD]), or range (that's your dragon whisker knight who uses jump), all for the sake of jump (which is mostly redundant for an earth slash lancer).
I personally still see no reason to lower it.  It's just the vagary of someone who wants to use JUMP more, and the way JUMP is currently structured gives no good choice.  I'd rather see lancer have only one move called JUMP at 4-6 Range / 8 Height Tolerance (with the ability to add jump status to self while charging, if we can't code that yet, then it should be instant with HP recoil) on top of a real skillset, like every other class we've fixed.

As for these moves, I suggest:
Lancet (1 Range v1; hack Night Sword so HP restored is only 1/3 of your DMG)
Ice Breath (2 Range v4 linear, PA * 6, boosted by MATKUP, blocked by M-EV/Shell/MADEF)
Fire Breath (2 Range v4 linear, PA * 6, boosted by MATKUP, blocked by M-EV/Shell/MADEF)
Lightning Breath (2 Range v4 linear, PA * 6, boosted by MATKUP, blocked by M-EV/Shell/MADEF)
Holy Breath (2 Range v4 linear, PA * 6, boosted by MATKUP, blocked by M-EV/Shell/MADEF)
Jump (6 Range v8, Fixed 6 CTR, standard JUMP damage [formula 64], no evade, +Jump status to self while Jumping)
OR
Jump [v2] (4 Range v8, standard JUMP damage [formula 64], no evade, hack Formula 64 so the Y value is recoil %; Y = 25)

This way, Lancer becomes the counterpart to ninja in terms of elements used (if you make ninja dark/earth/wind on their ninjitsu attacks).

Please dear god no.  Why do you hate Jump so goddamn much?  Why aren't you begging for Geomancy to be changed too if you hate linear skillsets so much?  It doesn't need to be "fixed" considering Jump is a counterpart to Geomancy, the base class just wasn't geared for it and it was overpriced to hell.  It's essentially the same in role - except Jump is physical, single target, and more damage compared to Geomancy which is magical, multi-target, and lower damage in roll. 

Jump is actually really strong, which should be obvious when you consider I can get a solid win rate with a bunch of shitty and mediocrely-optimized Jumping Paladins.

/sigh.

Even your suggested set, its the same skill repeated 4 times, weakerish Jump, and random Lancet tossed in.  Not exactly a high-end improvement.

What's the problem... you can run four Jumpers?  You can run four Geomancy units if you want to and spread your Geomancy out properly, it's just not advantageous to do so. 

formerdeathcorps

November 08, 2011, 12:50:05 pm #31 Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 01:45:19 pm by formerdeathcorps
Except it IS advantageous to have 4 jumpers.

Let's assume you run 4 units with Jump.  If they're all in range, they're all going to be guaranteed to deal jumps as long as you CT synchronized them correctly.  Note that most maps do not incur any problems (since most of them have units within 5-8 Vertical height of each other), and this does not depend on the enemy's setup.

You can't run 4 Geomancers with full skillsets.  If you used 4 ELEMENTAL users with partial skillsets, on half of all maps, half of your squad will be useless because one terrain tile type predominates.

You may argue ninjitsu may do that if you did lightning/fire on two units and water on the other two.  This is certainly possible, but you need a devoted setup just to get this off the ground.
1) Ninjitsu needs MP and PA.  Ninja isn't particularly good at either.  So for the sake of argument, assume you run monk and geomancer.
2) You can't have 4x PA gear.  This means you'd probably run EQ Clothes monks with 20 PA and MATKUP geomancers with heretic's ring.
4) Heretic's ring is a very risky combination if you don't absorb/null all the ninjitsu elements.  That can only be done on geomancer, using white robe AND whatever shield nulls water.
5) Notice that the 2 geomancers still have no good means of restoring MP.  They probably would need MP Restore.
6) As devoted as this setup is, if someone does happen to null water, half your units are still stuck doing nothing.  Similarly, if they have reflect, you're stuck looking stupid.

The only thing that vaguely approaches this level is 4x Draw Out.  One could feasibly split between Koutetsu and Kiku on two units (108 Gems + Overwhelm) and Chiri (MATKUP) on the other two, but that still limits the range on two of the units.  Not to mention, this skillset still needs resurrection abilities.  Given the low base HP on most mages, there's also no way to run this and have above 300 HP without seriously cutting damage.

Thus, buying 4 of JUMP (varying between Level Jump 4/5 or 5/6) is actually (nearly) equivalent of buying 4 FULL geomancy skillsets (which we banned).  This is why I ask to make JUMP one move and not 8 distinct ones.  If this cannot be done, then my suggestion to obelisk would suffice as well.  With it, because of +SPD on every lance except dragon whisker, no one can have more than 2 efficient jumpers.
Speaking of this, we need a rule change that makes innates count towards your overall limits.  Having 4x 2H is probably not fair either.

As for why I proposed an alternate skillset?  Right now, if you don't have the JP and low SPD, JUMP is a wasted skillset and even after spending a good amount of JP on it, it still lacks flexibility.

FFMaster

Changelog

MECHANICS

- Haste becomes 48 CT
- Reflect(status) CT now 0 (lasts until dispelled or death)
- Faith Constant added (all spells that originally used Faith now uses (CasF+35)*(TarF+35)/100000

CLASSES
- Squire loses 1 Move, gains Shields
- Chemist loses 1 MA
- Geomancer move increased to 4
- Lancer loses 1 speed

ABILITIES

Basic Skill
- Accumulate now 0 CT
- Dash becomes Bullrush: Deals PA*12 damage, PA*3 damage recoil, 100% Cancel: Protect

Item

Chivalry

Snipe

Punch Art

White Magic
- Regen JP reduced to 70
- Holy JP reduced to 400

Black Magic
- Frog JP reduced to 150

Time Magic
- Float remade to Comet: Deals 100 damage, AoE decreased to 0, Vert decreased to 0
- Reflect renamed to Sinkhole

Summon Magic

Steal
- Quickening now 0 CT
- Steal Accessory JP reduced to 150

Talk Skill
- Persuade X increased to 35, AoE increased to 1

Geomancy
- Geomancy X increased to 2

Jump
- Jump JP costs redone across the board. Added Level Jump 6.

Draw Out

Ninjitsu
- Tsumazuku now Dmg_(Weapon), 100% Cancel: Haste

Lore
- Bio and Bio 2 no longer Dark Elemental
- Tornado/Quake CT decreased to 2, MP decreased to 25

Sing/Dance
- All Songs/Dances JP increased to 200
- Cheer Song X increased to 33
- Battle Song X increased to 66
- Magic Song X increased to 66
- Polka Polka X decreased to 40
- Disillusion X decreased to 40
- PA/MA Save JP decreased to 400
- Brave/Faith UP JP decreased to 200

ITEMS

Weapons
- Chaos Blade gains 20 W-EV, gains Cancel: Reraise, Reflect
- Battle Axe WP increased to 10
- Giant Axe WP increased to 11
- Slasher WP increased to 13
- Bizen Boat WP decreased to 9
- Murasame WP increased to 11
- Fire/Ice/Thunder Rods proc down to 50%
- Poison Rod WP increased to 10
- White Staff proc chance decreased to 50%
- Rainbow Staff becomes Neutral: All Elements
- Wizard Staff WP increased to 8
- Healing Staff WP increased to 12
- Mace of Zeus WP increased to 6
- Scorpion Tail WP down to 11
- Range of magic guns increased to 6
- Blaze Gun WP up to 17
- Glacier Gun WP up to 15
- Blast Gun WP up to 14
- Battle Dict WP increased to 13
- Monster DIct WP increased to 15, 25% Cast: Sinkhole
- Papyrus Plate WP decreased to 9
- Madlemgen changed to 25% Add: Stop
- All spears except Obelisk and Dragon Whisker gain 1 speed
- H Bag loses Initial: Slow
- Ryozan Silk becomes Initial: Reflect

Armor
- All hats except Black Hood gain 10 HP
- Flash Hat changed: 80 HP, 20 MP, Initial: Innocent
- Reflect Mail becomes Initial: Reflect
- Cachusha changed to HP: 80, MP: 80

Accessories
- Rubber Shoes loses Cancel: Don't Move, gains Cancel: Don't Act
- Feather Boots gains Cancel: Don't Move
- Heretic's Ring remade to Reflect Ring - 1 MA, Initial: Reflect, Cancel: Silence
- Cherche now Always: Protect
- Setiemson now Always: Shell

formerdeathcorps

November 08, 2011, 05:31:26 pm #33 Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 05:34:26 pm by formerdeathcorps
Brainstorming (loose ends)

Thief
Bad Luck should be (SP + 55)%, P-EV, +Stop

Ninja
-ton should have Y multiplied by *.45 and the formula be (145 - Tar. Faith) * (145 - Cas. Faith)%
Doku no Kyoukai should be Weapon Attack, +100% Silence

Samurai
Kiyomori should be 100% +Poison AND Blind at radius 1
Masamune should be 100% +Haste AND Regen at radius 1

Oracle
Lose Pray/Doubt Faith

Mediator
Gain Pray Faith as no MP spell, formula 2A, (MA * 2 + 45)%, +Faith
Gain Doubt Faith as no MP spell, formula 2A, (MA * 2 + 45)%, +Innocent
Scrap Threaten/Praise/Preach/Solution
Change Solution as formula 2A, (MA * 2 + 45)%, Cancel: All statii that 1.3 Solution did

Germinas Boots
+2 Move (nothing else)

Green Beret
80 HP, 20 MP, +1 Move/Jump (not 90)

FFMaster

Arena is almost ready to be released. A few more tests and it should be good. I've left Thief skills the same to see how it goes, and left Doku no Kyoukai change out on purpose. Pray Faith/Doubt Faith are impossible right now with the current restrictions, so I've left them on Oracle.

formerdeathcorps

A couple of issues with your latest version

Talk Skill
- Death Sentence JP reduced to 200

This makes no sense if secret fist (a less accurate, evadable, 1 Range attack) still exists at 300 JP.

Pray Faith/Doubt Faith are impossible right now with the current restrictions

That's actually not the case.  Simply apply the "no talk skill hard-coding" ASM I made for my EGCC patch and it'll work.  It doesn't use freespace either.