• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 07:28:08 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Anyone up for a mono tournament?

Started by Barren, December 01, 2012, 07:19:22 pm

Should we have a mono tournament?

Yes
15 (100%)
No
0 (0%)
Wait until next version release
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: December 31, 2012, 07:20:20 pm

Barren

December 01, 2012, 07:19:22 pm Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 10:28:00 am by Barren
Since we have people beginning to submit mono teams (like DomieV's famous knights or reinoe's Four Horsemen of Archery), perhpas in the near future just for fun we can do a a mini tourney with the rules being only using one class of your choosing, i.e. 4 thieves, 4 chemists, 4 wizards, etc

If everyone wants to do one then within a month I can set something up and get it underway and see if this concept flies or not

Now all the spots are filled!

Also you can change classes at anytime. *NEW UPDATE* the deadline is now 12/19 11:59 PM EST

Reks: Bard
reinoe: Oracle
Otabo: Geomancer
TrueLight: Ninja
Eternal: Mediator
Dokurider: Thief
AeroGP: Chemist
The Damned: Time Mage
DomieV: Paladin
Vigilanti: Summoner
Angelus: Scholar
CT5Holy: Wizard
Celdia: Squire
VireBlaze: Samurai
formerdeathcorps: Monk
Jumza: Dancer
Avalanche: Geomancer
RavenOfRazgriz: Lancer
Malroth: Archer
NinjaWezael: Priest
Taichii: Scholar
Toshiko: Ninja
Dol: Samurai
Pride: Priest
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Reks

Sounds good. I'll go with Bards, myself.
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

reinoe

Mono is the kissing disease.  I wonder how such a tournament would work out?  Are we going to kiss as many people without showing symptoms?  Or is it just going to be a competition to see who develops the worst case of Mono?  How about who has had mono the most frequently: I think I can win that.  But if it's an A.I. tourney, I already called Oracles.
My dreams can come true!

Otabo

Sounds like fun. Yeah, I'm in.

I'm calling Geomancer.

TrueLight

This should be interesting...

Calling Ninjas.
  • Modding version: PSX

Eternal

• Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Dokurider

December 01, 2012, 08:25:37 pm #6 Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 01:33:27 am by Dokurider
Not only am I calling Thieves, I already have a team ready.

Predator
Male
Serpentarius
Thief
Punch Arts
HP Restore
Martial Arts

Lionheart

Twist Headband
Power Sleeve
Cursed Ring

Bad Luck, Quickening, Steal Accessory, Magic Ruin
Spin Fist, Wave Fist, Repeating Fist, Secret Fist, Stigma Magic, Chakra

Blasphemer
Female
Serpentarius
Thief
Talk Skill
Awareness
Equip Shield
Move HP Up
Main Gauche
Aegis Shield
Black Hood
Brigandine
Leather Mantle

Bad Luck, Steal Heart
Blackmail, Refute, Blind Rage, Mimic Daravon

Avarice
Male
Serpentarius
Thief
Item
Auto Potion
Throw Item
Move HP Up
P Bag

Black Hood
Brigandine
Sprint Shoes

Steal Heart
X Potion, Hi-Ether, Antidote, Echo Grass, Soft, Holy Water, Bandage, Phoenix Down

Terror Blade
Male
Serpentarius
Thief
Item
Projectile Guard
Two Hands

Katar

Twist Headband
Power Sleeve
Cursed Ring

Quickening, Speed Ruin
Ether, Antidote, Echo Grass, Soft, Holy Water, Bandage, Phoenix Down

And no Damned, I'm not running Air Knives. As much fun as they are, they have to be built around to cover it's weaknesses, and I can't really do that when running all thieves. So it's Two Handed Katar instead :p.

UPDATE(12/01/12): Heretic removed entirely. Predator gained HP Restore, Magic Ruin and Secret Fist. Blasphemer lost Steal Accessory, Solution. Gained Refute. Terror Blade gained Ether, Projectile Guard.

AeroGP

Quote from: Tycho"There are a number of different factors impacting server connectivity on Xbox 360," the spokesperson said. "It is a particularly complex server architecture and we continue to work with Microsoft to improve connectivity."

I don't want to bolster any "violent gamer" tropes, but that statement makes me want to improve the connectivity of my front two knuckles with their esophagus.  I wonder how Brenna would respond if I told her that "fidelity" was complicated.

The Damned

(Oh, okay. So a formal thing to ring in the new year.)

Yes, I'm down with that, both to participate and potentially help since I kind of helped to bring it up for better or for worse.

I call "dibs" on Time Mage even those that would probably be best served in waiting for 139....

Quote from: Dokurider on December 01, 2012, 08:25:37 pm
Not only am I calling Thieves, I already have a team ready.

*snip*

And no Damned, I'm not running Air Knives. As much fun as they are, they have to be built around to cover it's weaknesses, and I can't really do that when running all thieves. So it's Two Handed Katar instead :p.

Monster.

*raspberries you back*
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

DomieV

I'm choosing paladins here! those tanky tanky paladins

Vigilanti

Sounds pretty bad ass, I'll use summoners

Angelus

I like scholars so I'm going with them

Barren

Okay with the amount of "yes" there is, I think its been decided that within the month we'll have a Mono A.I. Tournament

Hopefully We'll get more entrees soon

CT5Holy

Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

reinoe

Quote from: Barren on December 01, 2012, 09:12:52 pm
Okay with the amount of "yes" there is, I think its been decided that within the month we'll have a Mono A.I. Tournament

Hopefully We'll get more entrees soon

No worries, I'd have my team already but I have finals and two papers.  I'd like to get at least one paper done this weekend.  Plus Venture Brothers is on right now: how can I not be distracted?  Sigh.  School is something I have to do in-between building terrible teams.
My dreams can come true!

Barren

Quote from: CT5Holy on December 01, 2012, 09:24:13 pm
I'm in, dunno what job though.

You're already on the list, but pick carefully. 11 classes have already been chosen

Celdia

• Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

VireBlaze

If it be alright, may I take up the Samurai?  :3

Barren

Reks

Quote from: Barren on December 02, 2012, 06:09:09 am
2 more to go! C'mon now, there's gotta be someone else out there that wants to get a crack at it!

You gonna join in yourself, Barren?
  • Discord username: Reks#0128