• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:11:03 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

☢ ☢ ☢ FFT 1.3 AI Tournament Season 5 ☢ ☢ ☢ [FINISHED] Post-Discussion

Started by Wiz, May 27, 2011, 12:04:42 am

Mando

I do hope this catches up... otherwise we will be waiting like 2 weeks to see who the "true" champion will be... which more than likely will be the winner of the winner's bracket..

I say this because Aqui and Aero look quite strong...

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!

Wiz

Match 61 Derevish vs Aquilae

See y'all for the championship match(es) where I'm declared the winner :mrgreen:
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Derevish

GG Aquilae.
Your Team Had The Superior Damage Output Compare To Mine.
GL In Your Championship Match  :)

Wiz

Jesus, I need to get going on commenting on all these matches (don't have to do so atm, tomorrow for sure).

Anyways, I figured out the bracket assignments for the later rounds of the Loser's Bracket (where it's not clear who commentates what), and I'll get that up tomorrow for y'all to see.

Also, here's a sneak peek of what the Championship Match between the Winner's Champion vs Loser's Champion will look like format wise.

My First FFT Arena Team version BETA 129b

^, Skip to 4:00 to see the action. I think y'all will like this a lot especially Phil :oops:

Barren

I'll have the 2nd semi-final match tomorrow so everyone stay tuned :)
You dare cross blades with me?

Gaignun

Quote from: Wiz on June 16, 2011, 05:48:55 pm
Jesus, I need to get going on commenting on all these matches (don't have to do so atm, tomorrow for sure).

Anyways, I figured out the bracket assignments for the later rounds of the Loser's Bracket (where it's not clear who commentates what), and I'll get that up tomorrow for y'all to see.

Will you be depending on us loser commentators for those matches?  I can take over the matches shared by me and Piercewise to help him out.

formerdeathcorps

To be honest, I think Pierce, Gaignun, and me should organize it ourselves, Wiz.  You've already done a lot, and I think it may be more interesting if on the "mixed" commentaries, each person does part of the match (I call pre-battle), and then one person gets the videos from the other commentators and mixes/submits the video.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Barren

Battle 62 Gaignun vs AeroGP

In advance I would like to say thank you for watching Season 5, we've seen some really great matches, unexpected wins and losses and great support from all of you who helped made this happen. Season 5 has been very fast paced and tremendous!

The Finals will come tomorrow afternoon as scheduled and the Season 5 Championship will be determined once we see a loser's bracket winner crowned

But until then, On behalf of myself, Wiz, Gaignun, formerdeathcorps, Piercewise, CT5 Holy and Pride, we all want to say "Thank You" We hope you all enjoy the rest of this tournament
You dare cross blades with me?

krilz

The more I see Gaignuns team, the more I think he's going to take this. I predict Gaignun and Aquilae in the finals, two incredibly strong teams.

Gaignun

June 17, 2011, 08:26:10 am #269 Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 08:30:29 am by Gaignun

Classic rock-paper-scissors.  I would have lost to Squidgy.  His Cockatoris baits my ninja hard.

The second half of the second battle was essentially 4v3.  If AeroGP's ninja was able heal himself with Chakra and get back in the fight, AeroGP would have taken the round.

Dol

Giving his Lancer PD is what sealed it.  His knight wasnt doing anything half the time and if the Lancer was on offense more he would have taken it.  Fun match to watch though!

AeroGP

Yeah, aside from not giving my units the right zodiacs, giving my lancer phoenix down was something I regretted right after I submitted my team. But what really did me in was haste and lots of unfortunate misses. GG.
Quote from: Tycho"There are a number of different factors impacting server connectivity on Xbox 360," the spokesperson said. "It is a particularly complex server architecture and we continue to work with Microsoft to improve connectivity."

I don't want to bolster any "violent gamer" tropes, but that statement makes me want to improve the connectivity of my front two knuckles with their esophagus.  I wonder how Brenna would respond if I told her that "fidelity" was complicated.

Wiz

Abandon Priest ftw

That sandbag loop at the end of R2 lol

Ahh, Lurker could've won Round 1, but no, no tiebreaker round :(

Kiku and Concentrate perfect counters to abandon being displayed once again

Spears trump Birds

Jack using PD w/ no throw Item + Ace running away in R2 = Clinchers

2x Ninja, 2x Chemist, and 2x Priests = Confusing and hard as hell to follow. Nice showing by the Morbol even if his efforts ended up costing the victory

The distraction didn't serve his purpose well lol. Then again, I do blame the map selection for the swift victory for ThrowAway

Quote from: Gaignun on June 16, 2011, 08:21:35 pm
Will you be depending on us loser commentators for those matches?  I can take over the matches shared by me and Piercewise to help him out.

Well yeah, it's kinda implied...no matches...no chance to comment on them =P

Quote from: formerdeathcorps on June 17, 2011, 01:25:28 am
To be honest, I think Pierce, Gaignun, and me should organize it ourselves, Wiz.  You've already done a lot, and I think it may be more interesting if on the "mixed" commentaries, each person does part of the match (I call pre-battle), and then one person gets the videos from the other commentators and mixes/submits the video.

You three may as well organize it. With their being a total of 62 Loser's bracket matches, I tried to divide out the work evenly so it'd look like: Piercewise = 21 Matches; Gaignun = 21 Matches; You = 20 Matches.

But alas, keep in touch with Celdia often then so she can update the bracket and also make sure you three finish each round before moving on to the next so viewers won't get confused + for consistency's sake. However you three want to divide up the corresponding matches is fine by me :D

veliuz

Quote from: formerdeathcorps on June 17, 2011, 01:25:28 am
To be honest, I think Pierce, Gaignun, and me should organize it ourselves, Wiz.  You've already done a lot, and I think it may be more interesting if on the "mixed" commentaries, each person does part of the match (I call pre-battle), and then one person gets the videos from the other commentators and mixes/submits the video.

What ever happened to posting matches on thursday? FYI its now saturday...

Piercewise

June 18, 2011, 12:24:18 am #274 Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 12:24:43 am by Piercewise
More matches! Two more to go up tomorrow for this round, then Sunday I'll plow through round 3 and hold those until it's my turn again, so we won't have to suffer through another long delay.

Match 30 LOSER'S BRACKET

Match 29 LOSER'S BRACKET
Seto: "Are you trying to tell me that Yugi and I are destined to play card games for eternity?"
Ishizu: "Yes."
Seto: "Best. Destiny. Ever."

Nharayana

God, that was a complete crush)) Why the hell "that Lancer" just stood still for the whole round 1 ?! 0_0   :D The Bard was also a superstar on retirement, pretty good duo to the Lancer  :lol: Well, I showcased my true abscense of skill hadnling AI)) But anyway, grats, Skiploom, GL to you! And thank you Wiz, Barren, Piercewise and others for the tourney! It was a solid portion of fun to me!/spoiler]
NharaYana!!1

formerdeathcorps

Quote from: veliuz on June 18, 2011, 12:21:31 am
What ever happened to posting matches on thursday? FYI its now saturday...

Pierce came back on Wednesday to post his stuff.  Now that he's back, we will go in order.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

krilz

Amazing comeback in the second match. A funny thing is when the Oracle used Daravon the first time, it's like he suddenly realized that "heey, this is pretty good" and started spamming it that match and the next.

Dol

I got Piercewise to call my match after all, yay!

The good thing about my team design is that the matches will always be very short, one way or another.  Good fight Carmine!