• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:13:05 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

2nd FFT Arena Single Class Challenge AI Tournament

Started by Barren, August 11, 2015, 07:16:35 am

Reks

As for my own team, I'd wanted something all around with Dark. Mira was given an Ultima Weapon to prove it can still be useful, even if not used for the proc's damage, or at least to show the proc needs to be 50%.

But as with all Squires, they can only do one job well, so I was forced to cut out the White Magic Squire in favor of Towa, since I needed a non-gimmick damage dealer.

So going up against a high damage team or one that uses status will be a hard counter to me.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Corosar

Quote from: gatebuster202 on August 22, 2015, 10:15:47 am
@ Corosar.

Cool, I couldn't quite see Stygos, but I get the others. That item limit made us all have to think to get more punch off our units. I still say you did well. See Reks post above this one. I have a friend that still plays Pokemon TCG and has done well enough to get byes for Nationals on bent themes. (The Meta usually destroys themes. To get byes you must play 1st in your region.)

Stygios was a play on the word stygian which means of the river styx... the river in greek mythology which you have to pay to be ferried across when you die. i didn't expect many to pick up on it ... but it was meant to be a reference to pure darkness
Time for a new season!

V 1.4.1 W/L: 3 / 7
V 1.4 W/L: 3 / 14.5
V 1.39 W/L: 13.25 / 22

Heroebal

Quote from: Reks on August 22, 2015, 03:30:47 pm
As for my own team, I'd wanted something all around with Dark. Mira was given an Ultima Weapon to prove it can still be useful, even if not used for the proc's damage, or at least to show the proc needs to be 50%.

But as with all Squires, they can only do one job well, so I was forced to cut out the White Magic Squire in favor of Towa, since I needed a non-gimmick damage dealer.

So going up against a high damage team or one that uses status will be a hard counter to me.

From what I can tell I need to win the first round against you or I'm in trouble. Because that 2nd map is a mess for me.

Elmdork

Got pretty lucky with that opening dodge+ counter magic holy. Things could have gone a lot worse for me, so I'll consider myself lucky. GG fdquinn!

Oh man, silentkaster's next.. though I feel relatively good about the matchup, I know better than to underestimate him. We have a long history of great battles and I expect this one to be no exception. Always a classic match between us.
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

CT5Holy

Looks like things have quieted down... which probably means its time for more winner's bracket matches? Though loser's bracket does have another round of matches ready to go. Ah well. Hope no one minds!

FFT Arena AI SCC Tournament Match #21 - gatebuster202 vs Gaignun
FFT Arena AI SCC Tournament Match #22 - Krypt vs dw6561

Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

gatebuster202

August 24, 2015, 03:13:19 pm #165 Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 03:37:30 pm by gatebuster202
I am recording tonight and tomorrow, with tons of free time. My wife did just bring home a six week old kitten...

@ v Gaignun
I built my team to counter TM/Oracles in the reaction department. The summoners and black magic returns were seen as gravy with the MA Up. Sorry Gaignun, though that first match had me biting my nails the whole second and third. Wish you luck in the LB

@Elmdore... I am coming for your Oracles!
  • Modding version: PSX
Winner of the 2nd FFT Arena SCC Tourney. -Geomancers

Barren

good job gatebuster202 you took down the Gaignun! Round 3 was really close. Gaignun I'm sure you'll have fun on the doom train

I knew going into it that dw was going to win. Just too much magic evade to overcome. I do give krypt credit for making it this far in the tourney. 40 faith oracles were interesting to see
You dare cross blades with me?

dw6561

To be honest, I was a little scared of those oracles given their track record so far, but we managed to avoid the RNG assault I guess. And we didn't even need Bizen Boat this time. GG Krypt, and best of luck to you in the loser's bracket.

It's stuff like this that made me decide to go with an evade based team instead of all out damage. I just saw that most skills were evadable, and pitting my teams against those sample SCC teams made me see that evasion was a very powerful thing (which is also why I decided on concentrate instead of attack up).

Oh boy, all of that juicy counter magic action. And after seeing yet another bizen boat cripple a mage team, I'm starting to think that bizen boat may actually be kind of broken. That match was really intense, and I'm looking forward to the epic geomancer vs. geomancer showdown.

By the way, I think status effect using teams will take the tournament because let's face it, if something can happen, it eventually will.
This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.

Mudvayne

Gatebuster vs Gaignun] Counter magic. GG. Totally dominated in R2. I won't lie though, I really was surprised you ended up on top at the end, Gatebuster. After R1 I thought this was gonna be a quick easy victory for Gaignun. Great job Gatebuster!

Corosar

Quote from: CT5Holy on August 24, 2015, 02:08:34 pm
Looks like things have quieted down... which probably means its time for more winner's bracket matches? Though loser's bracket does have another round of matches ready to go. Ah well. Hope no one minds!

FFT Arena AI SCC Tournament Match #21 - gatebuster202 vs Gaignun
FFT Arena AI SCC Tournament Match #22 - Krypt vs dw6561

was planning to let gatebuster have run on the 3rd set of matches its up to him how many he wishes to record... i will pick up after where he left off
Time for a new season!

gatebuster202

Quote from: Corosar on August 24, 2015, 06:31:52 pm
was planning to let gatebuster have run on the 3rd set of matches its up to him how many he wishes to record... i will pick up after where he left off

I'll get all four tomorrow. I am starting recording tonight. So I should have it done by tomorrow.

@ Match 22
Krypt, your Oracles had scared me as a possible opponent, I was lacking the aforementioned, M-Evade. I'll be interested to see how the losers bracket tackles the low Faith Team.
DW, your high evasion team is well built. I'll just have to hope Alexi ties up your GC Geo, and drop the draw out bot early. No one on your team eats Holy, but I doubt it will land.

Looking forward to that Mirror Match.

Gaignun

The only way I was getting by was with some fortuitous spells.  It got me through R1, but by R3 my luck had run out.  Counter Magic and Counter Flood use the Time Mages' speed against them, and unfortunately for me, Geomancers are capable of using both.

Congratulations gatebuster.  Yours was the better team.

I was hoping for another marvelous display of Petrify, but alas Lady Luck forgot to tune in this time.  M-EV is so effective against Yin Yang Magic.  Krypt would have needed reliable secondaries like Summon Magic to punch through all of dw6561's evasion and healing.

Barren

After so many hours of work (my job) and preparing for college next week financially, now I can present to you the next two matches! Enjoy :D

FFT Arena AI SCC Tournament Match # 23 - Reks vs Heroebal

FFT Arena AI SCC Tournament Match # 24 - silentkaster vs Rouroni Elmdor

silentkaster

Must have made the RNG mad! Triple Stop hitting all units, charms never working except for a Protect 2, several crit shots, revives and secret fists missing...oh well. GG Rouroni. Good luck in your next match!
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

gatebuster202

August 25, 2015, 08:44:15 pm #174 Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 09:17:42 pm by gatebuster202
@Both Matches.
I'm impressed by all four teams. GG to the guys goin south, I look forward to seeing who comes out ahead on Reks v Rouroni. Oracles seem nasty with High Faith. However Reks has his heavy hitter eating up low HP teams. That Ultima Proc doesn't do alot. (So I'll agree, that either it needs a formula change or a increase in proc rate.)

Here's the Next Match guys, I forgot to add GG at the end. Audio was off a bit, sorry guys.
LB: #13 DomieV V TrueLight http://youtu.be/maNgnQgPhkg

Heroebal

Damn I knew I was in trouble if I didn't land that first match. That 2nd round is just too CQC for my squad with those male squires , my bards need to have a lot of things to go right to win that 2nd map. I think this match up showed the mistake of going with auto potion over abandon on that DO bard also. I think I should swapped the rings on the summon and white magic bards, that way all three get healed via kiku and counter holy's don't hurt. Also the time bard could heal both the summon (blast gun) and white bard (demi's) that way.

skiploom188

ROUND 1 WAS ACTION PACKED! It feels like two rivals who got the chance to battle it out once again after so many years have gone (Well its actually just many weeks lol their last fight was in S4). That R1 was an exchange of powerful moves which left me speechless and in awe! silentkaster's resilience was the one to watch and also Rouroni's agressive Oracles DEMOLISHING the monks with crit shots and procs was epic. Very entertaining match you guys!

You know, I wish I could clone myself because if I can, I'll ask my clone to make a video for the match you guys just pulled off. LOL if only HAHA forget what I said hehe
======================================================================
I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542
======================================================================

gatebuster202

Match 14 is uploading. I'll apologize again for the video this time. I was watching my daughter and she thought it would be great to smack the keyboard. After this set of Matches I'll be swapping emulators and hopefully can go to a one-step recording process.

(Epsxe is the bane of all things, only out of lazy/life, have I not switched.)

LB Match #14 Fattyzilla v Barren. http://youtu.be/twoG7mtMdZY
GG to both players, I cut myself off again.

Corosar

Quote from: gatebuster202 on August 26, 2015, 12:43:08 am
Match 14 is uploading. I'll apologize again for the video this time. I was watching my daughter and she thought it would be great to smack the keyboard. After this set of Matches I'll be swapping emulators and hopefully can go to a one-step recording process.

(Epsxe is the bane of all things, only out of lazy/life, have I not switched.)

LB Match #14 Fattyzilla v Barren. http://youtu.be/twoG7mtMdZY
GG to both players, I cut myself off again.

i use epsxe for my recording... thankfully i well.. found my haupauge rocket its been helping alot for recording!
Time for a new season!

Barren

well my run sucked in this tourney. Oh well, at least it lasted a little while. gg fattyzilla. Let's see if you can take down Gaignun