• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:28:11 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Final Fantasy Tactics A2: A Clan's Journey

Started by Zeke_Aileron, August 18, 2017, 03:58:48 am

kenlkf

Is the new gift item for luso you mention not in the game atm ? Because i don't see it anywhere , try multiple times reset but still the same
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: kenlkf on May 11, 2018, 04:28:01 pm
Is the new gift item for luso you mention not in the game atm ? Because i don't see it anywhere , try multiple times reset but still the same

It's not in the downloadable version atm, i haven't updated the download yet since i'm still working on various stuff for reworking Luso's custom job and the new Gria Job, and a overhaul for the text and descriptions, i should have the download updated in a few days with all the changes.
  • Discord username: Zeke Aileron™#0606

kenlkf

Oh thanks you so much , i enjoy this hack so much by far , hope you updated it soon 'cause it sound amazing
Anyway , with the 0.17 version now we can't get the dual-wield right ?

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: kenlkf on May 11, 2018, 05:54:59 pm
Oh thanks you so much , i enjoy this hack so much by far , hope you updated it soon 'cause it sound amazing
Anyway , with the 0.17 version now we can't get the dual-wield right ?

Yup Dual Wield will become obsolete, only Adelle can get it, and the new Luso item gives Luso an innate dual wield passive.

DeSgeretjin

How did you manage to make that innate dual wield thing?

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: DeSgeretjin on May 11, 2018, 09:13:17 pm
How did you manage to make that innate dual wield thing?

I made the item that Luso can use into a "Saber" type of weapon and gave it the accessory property so it counts as a weapon/accessory, he can still equip 2 weapons normally if you somehow got normal Dual Wield on him.

DeSgeretjin

Does that mean you can multi wield stuff if they're some kind of weapon hybrid?

Zeke_Aileron

May 12, 2018, 08:23:18 am #107 Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 01:05:53 pm by Zeke_Aileron
Quote from: DeSgeretjin on May 12, 2018, 06:09:58 am
Does that mean you can multi wield stuff if they're some kind of weapon hybrid?

Humes can Dual wield any weapon type they're allowed to use in vanilla FFTA2 except books...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: Okay editing the formations is going to be awhile since all my previous formation changes were completely
destroyed lol, which means alot of fun stuff to do with all these enemies.

I also plan on changing the max level for your clan members, and normalizing the levels of the enemies on story quests, quests, and maps to be equal to your clan members levels so you can't just breeze through everything easily and monsters will get a small increase to their base growth stats to compliment this max level change as well to balance it out.

I have also made "Luso's unique accessory" craftable in the bazaar and it's price is really hefty, so you can buy it if you somehow lose it before, but can't sell it back to get any of your lost gil back.

The Gria's new job is the "Alchemist", they have 9 abilities, 3 of which can transmute enemies into items, gil, and or loot, their main ability "Magickal Flasks" allows them to do various effects depending on the flask they use.

Instead of just stealing stuff from their targets, they remove their target successfully when they get their transmutation drop.

Everything in the game is completed from the base jobs, Luso's custom job, items, bazaar, auction house rewards, level cap.
What's missing is the completion of the Enemy formations, specific clan privileges removed and the mod would be complete.

After the completed release of the mod i'm planning on adding 2 extra jobs for both the Grias' and Seeqs' which will come in the form as addons, you won't particularly need them for anything story related, but only if you want to add more variety for these 2 races with more jobs to have in their disposal, or just scrap the whole idea and leave it as completed.

Ivaldi

Perhaps I've missed it, but I cannot find Luso's unique accessory anywhere, inventory or bazaar. Did I apply the patch incorrectly? Or have I missed a change in the patch?

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: Ivaldi on May 15, 2018, 07:08:24 pm
Perhaps I've missed it, but I cannot find Luso's unique accessory anywhere, inventory or bazaar. Did I apply the patch incorrectly? Or have I missed a change in the patch?

The mod isn't updated to the version i'm still working on, which has all the changes, and currently fixing all the enemy formations before releasing it.

I'm still waiting on a Clan Trials/Clan Privileges editor as well.

Ivaldi

Thank you for the quick response despite having answered the same question earlier. I didn't notice it until after my post. Excellent mod so far, I really appreciate the detail and time you've put in. Curious did you have any inspiration for FE: Awakens?

Zeke_Aileron

May 16, 2018, 07:19:48 am #111 Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 07:58:57 am by Zeke_Aileron
Quote from: Ivaldi on May 15, 2018, 08:56:53 pm
Thank you for the quick response despite having answered the same question earlier. I didn't notice it until after my post. Excellent mod so far, I really appreciate the detail and time you've put in. Curious did you have any inspiration for FE: Awakens?

Yes, Luso's custom job is a nod to Robin's Tactician/Grand Master class from FE:Awakening  :D
And no worries about answering duplicate answers, i'll always answer them, and i'm trying to put varying details with each enemy formation to make them balanced in terms of abilities and equipment before releasing the next mod update, which hopefully should be in a few days.

I have also included some small nods from the Shin Megami series, League of Legends, and XCOM.

Bonesy

oh right this reminds me, did you change the internal icon/description from the default or is it the same so I'll have to reenable show filenames if I try this out on my R4
  • Discord username: Bonesy#9386

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: Bonesy on May 17, 2018, 12:51:55 am
oh right this reminds me, did you change the internal icon/description from the default or is it the same so I'll have to reenable show filenames if I try this out on my R4

Internal icon/descritption?

Do you mean the game's name that shows up or something else?

Bonesy

Zeke_Aileron

Bonesy

Zeke_Aileron

May 18, 2018, 05:11:46 pm #117 Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 10:01:20 pm by Zeke_Aileron
Quote from: Bonesy on May 17, 2018, 10:23:30 pm
I used to remember how but salright

Okay i guess.

Edit: The OP has been updated with the newest patch update that includes everything in the change notes, it's only version 0.9 atm since i still can't find a way to completely remove the specific "Clan Privileges" from the game, but overall the mod is completed until i decide to add in new stuff.

Stormlag

Can't wait! :D:D:D

I may have been the first one to download it hahahah

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: Stormlag on May 19, 2018, 09:59:07 pm
Can't wait! :D:D:D

I may have been the first one to download it hahahah

Most likely since i did update it today lol.

I'm currently going to play through it myself as well to make sure i have everything the way i wanted it as balance wise, also the max level your units can get is Level 75 now, but Enemies can scale up to level 80 range, especially for bosses.