• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:36:35 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Eternal's Parted Ways Logs (It's not dead!?)

Started by Eternal248, May 09, 2011, 07:42:56 am

Eternal

Wednesday, May 18

1) Finished Generic Monk skillset.

2) Finished Generic Samurai skillset.

3) Placed all skills in their proper skillsets.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Eternal

Friday, May 20th

1) Finished Scholar skillset.

2) Finished Harbinger skillset.

3) Finished Templar skillset.

4) Finished Assassin skillset.

5) Finished Magus skillset.

6) Finished Devout skillset.

7) Finished Brigand skillset.
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

Eternal

Saturday, May 21st

1) Finished Elementalist skillset.

2) Finished Sniper skillset.

3) Finished Sage skillset.

4) Managed to totally screw up the Viking and Performer's skillset with the Generic Skillset Fix. -_-

5) Reached 385,000 differences between Vanilla and PW in PPF Studio! :D

Eternal

Over 15 new jobs being added for enemies. Expect battles to be a lot more interesting now!

The Damned

(When it comes to the above, does that mean you already decided where your "extra" slot will go?)

I'm not sure what to be more envious of: the fact that you've been getting so much done just recently or the fact that you have room for over 15 new enemy-only jobs. Probably the latter since I'm already having room trouble--I think I only had like 4 generic enemy-only jobs not counting the monsters that couldn't be Invited.

I'm going to assume that these aren't just monster "jobs" either, correct?
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Eternal

Nope. I just removed all the duplicate Holy Sword skillsets, and renamed/gave stats to the unused jobs like Duke, High Priest, etc. The spritesets will be shared with certain generics, but that's not a huge issue for the tradeoff.

The Damned

(I'll take that "nope" as a response to the first question as well.)

Ah, I see. I suspected as much given that I was going to do the same thing before I got sidetracked by running out of individual ability space. I'm still wishing that the amount of unused individual ability space equaled the amount of unused skill-sets and jobs or that we could at least change the more stubborn ability slots that aren't needed. (Looking at you, Throw.)

Sigh. Still, good to hear.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Eternal

Things left to do before demo/test release:

-Weapons (Swords, Magicite, Greatswords, Rods)
-Monster Skills
-Monster Sprites
-ENTD
-Attack.out changes
-Implementing ASMs

Eternal

Friday, May 27th

1) Most monster skills done

2) Lamias, Tonberries, and Werewolves implemented.

3) Monster skill descriptions done.

4) Generic jobs done with the exception of Freelancer.

5) Some Harbinger skill glitches fixed thanks to Dwib.

Eternal

Wednesday, June 1st

1) Chapter I Story ENTDs done!

2) Freelancer skills completed (albeit changed- not going to use the ARH for them for a while.

3) Job tree! (Made by Celdia- thanks!)

Eternal

June 10, 2011, 09:22:03 pm #30 Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 09:23:07 pm by Eternal248
For you math geeks out there, I've finished all items (save for Magicite) and calculated the average WP and EVD of each weapon type. The variances... are interesting.

Average Knife WP: 6.9 WP
Average Knife EVD: 9% EVD

Average Katana WP: 13 WP
Average Katana EVD: 11% EVD

Average Sword WP: 8.2 WP
Average Sword EVD: 7% EVD

Average Greatsword WP: 16.8 WP
Average Greatsword EVD: 12% EVD

Average Axe WP: 15 WP
Average Axe EVD: 7% EVD

Average Rod WP: 5.3 WP
Average Rod EVD: 8% EVD

Average Staff WP: 4.8 WP
Average Staff EVD: 9% EVD

Average Flail WP: 12.8 WP
Average Flail EVD: 3% EVD

Average Gun WP: 7.5 WP
Average Gun EVD: 3% EVD

Average Crossbow WP: 7.5 WP
Average Crossbow EVD: 6% EVD

Average Bow WP: 8.4 WP
Average Bow EVD: 2% EVD

Average Spear WP: 13.3 WP
Average Spear EVD: 9% EVD

Average Pole WP: 10.5 WP
Average Pole EVD: 9% EVD

Average Bag WP: 15 WP
Average Bag EVD: 10% EVD

Average Carpet WP: 12.3 WP
Average Carpet EVD: 33% EVD

Average Book WP: 12.3 WP
Average Book EVD: 8% EVD

Average Instrument WP: 11 WP
Average Instrument EVD: 12% EVD

Eternal

Sunday, June 12

1) Chapter II and III ENTDs Done.

2) Chapter I and II attack.out changes complete.

3) Fixed some minor skill bugs.

4) Templar's Lance is now steal-only.

Zenius

As someone that really enjoyed your Newtype patch, I can't wait for this to be completed ^^

If you need any more testers just let me know :D

Eternal

You're in luck! I should have Chapter IV ENTDs done by the end of this week. Waiting for an ASM that'll make special characters not glitch though. >_>

GeneralStrife

Eternal

Two new events done, working on the third event of the Gerard (short) story arc now.

Eternal

Still fixing bugs and such. Apparently you can't currently unlock Psion and you can't get past Zalmo I. I've fixed the former and am looking into the latter.

Eternal

August 07, 2011, 06:21:16 am #37 Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 06:23:21 am by Eternal248
DD is now 30% done as of DELTA. Expect a lot of battles against characters you normally could never fight, namely Balmafula and Balbanes. :D

Kokojo

I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

Eternal

Expect to see an update of PW with WotL's script albeit with certain lines preserved from the PSX script (such as Blame Yourself or God), as well as maintaining Vanilla names. A few other minor tweaks will be things like "Akademy" reverted to "Academy" and "magick" to "magic".