• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:03:01 pm

[Old] AI Battles topic!

Started by Dome, December 30, 2011, 12:50:22 pm

Dome

December 30, 2011, 12:50:22 pm Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 07:04:27 am by Dome

Rules:

- 1 on 1 fights
- Zeklaus desert is the place where the fights will take place
- The Iso used to record the fights is FFT: Plus. Check the master guide if you have some doubt about the items/abilities
- Each fighter knows ALL the skills from their equipped skillsets
- Exceptions to this rules are always listed in the post
- Do not spoil the result of the fight. If you want to discuss, swear, whatever, please use the [spoiler][/spoiler] tag

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Dome

December 30, 2011, 12:51:15 pm #1 Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 07:08:11 am by Dome
AI fight 1: Female Knight Vs Male Ninja

VS

Eternal

I really want to say Nena, but I think the low Faith and Dual Blood Swords will outdo whatever damage she does. What skills do they both know?
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Dome

Quote from: Eternal248 on December 30, 2011, 12:55:33 pm
I really want to say Nena, but I think the low Faith and Dual Blood Swords will outdo whatever damage she does. What skills do they both know?

Good point.
Each fighter knows all the skills from the skillsets he/she equips
Added to the first post

Eternal

Looking at it more now, she has Speed Save and can tank. MP Switch won't last long on ninja boy there thanks to the Icebrand/Kaiser Shield combo.
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

Dome

So...are you betting on the Knight?

Eternal

Dome

Quote from: Eternal248 on December 30, 2011, 01:05:33 pm
I DON'T KNOW ANYMORE! ;_;

Eheh
I try to make the fights as balanced as possible :-)

Eternal

How much WP is Blood Swords? 7?

Dome

Eternal

Y'know what? I'm going to place my bet that -one- of these contestants will win. :)

Dome

Quote from: Eternal248 on December 30, 2011, 01:10:52 pm
Y'know what? I'm going to place my bet that -one- of these contestants will win. :)

>_>

Dynablade

Knight, easily.
Though it may turn out different if the AI on the ninja decides to not even deal with the knight, using his higher speed and move to just chuck shit at the Knight, but then there's the Kaiser Plate to get through. Amd then the Knight has Speed Save, which would mean eventually she'll catch up to him, ending the fight.

TrueLight

Gotta go with Junk the Ninja on this one. He has the movement and speed advantage. Also, he can heal for ~400 damage each turn and Nena's only source of healing is chakra. The only way that I can see her winning is if Junk decides to use talk skill/misses with his blood Swords.
  • Modding version: PSX

Eternal

Going to have to agree with Light on this. The Ninja seems to have the most advantages.

formerdeathcorps

The ninja will win.

The ninja's MP Switch will go off at least once.  Thus, if no one evades or heals, even if the knight got first strike and the ninja had 9 SPD:
Knight attack
Ninja attack + Drain for 320 + MHPUP for 51 = 371 HP healed so the ninja would have 450 HP, enough to take two more hits.
Knight attack
Ninja attack + Drain + MHPUP ~ 400 HP
Knight attack
Ninja gets MP Switch
Ninja kills Knight

For the knight to win, she needs:
1) MP Switch not going off 3 times in a row.
2) At least 3 out of the 6 sword hits being blocked (because realistically, the ninja with 3/2x the SPD of the knight would get a double turn somewhere in the above sequence)
3) First Strike, possible only if the ninja wasted his first turn using talk skill and failing.

None of the three options are likely.  She needs at least two of the three to win.  Thus, I think Junk will easily win.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Dome

Remember guys that the units can do more than just attacking
The knight has ranged options with the ruins and Punch art, and the ninja can throw stuff and use talk skills
Also, don't forget the properties of each piece of equipment

Dome

The battle has been recorded and the video it's already online...but hidden
Do you want to see it guys, or maybe I should wait some more time?

Dynablade

Okay, checked those items, and now I think the ninja will take it.

Talk skill basically has: Don't Act, Sleep, Death Sentence(39%), Berserk (49%) and CT 0. The first two don't work because of the Grand Helmet, Death Sentence would be a good bet, IF it hits. Berserk can be a double edged sword (literally): On one hand, the Knight won't be able to use Chakra or Accumulate, but if the Knight gets a hit to land, it's likely that it'll be a One Hit KO.

CT 0 (@ 39%) would probably be the biggest asset that the ninja has going for him. His innate speed means it'll be easy to close the gap and make an attempt. If it hits, then it's likely that he can just keep doing it until his double turn, using that to attack. Even if it does not land, the Knight will likely be too far away to physically attack, perhaps a Wave Fist or stat break instead.

For the Knight, all of her Break skills have a decent chance at landing (80-85% for stats, and from 66(weapon)-73% for items). If she can get close and break one of his blood swords, he's kinda fucked. But that's assuming she can get in close.

I would get into the damage/healing ratios of both, but I'm not certain on a couple (huge) things: How much of a boost do you get when using Martial Arts for Punch Art? And, can the innate Protect on Maximillian be dispelled by Refute?

Dome

An "Always:" status can't be dispelled unless the item is broken
About martial arts: "It increases the effectiveness of all barehanded physical attacks by 1.5 except for Throw and Jump"