• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:17:37 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Loose FFTA Ends

Started by Eternal, January 03, 2015, 08:32:12 pm

Eternal

FFTA has become highly moddable within the last year, due in great part to Darth and Blanky's editors. However, there are still certain small things that cannot yet be modded. This topic is mostly just a wishlist of things that I- and others- would like to see researched in the near future.

-Clan Level Up Rewards.
-Shara/Ritz/Ezel/Babus recruiting data.
-Shop inventory when areas are liberated.
-How long liberated areas stay liberated until they're attacked.
-Mission item bonuses, i.e, Sprinkler boosting Ice.
-Editing the elemental boost bonus multiplier, i.e, from Thor Rod (does it work like Geomancy?)
-Llednar's invincibility.

Anything else that should be added to the list?
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

advfox

What determines whether a special character can change jobs or not. That hasn't been discovered yet, as far as I know.
  • Modding version: PSX

bcrobert

Quote from: Blue on January 04, 2015, 03:58:14 pm
What determines whether a special character can change jobs or not. That hasn't been discovered yet, as far as I know.

That's actually a clumsy racial mechanic. Marche, Montblanc, Ritz, and Shara are ordinary (racially) but as such do not have unique jobs.

Ezel, Babus, & Cid have unique jobs but are NOT racially ordinary. They're actually programmed as separate races with their own race-related skill lists. The game hides this lazily implemented mechanic from the player by matching these races to other races when it comes to laws and such.

There is no precedent in the game for a character that has both a unique job and the ability to change jobs. So rather than flipping a simple can or can't switch somewhere, the ability for uniques to change jobs would have to be ported from FFTA2. (Or written from scratch, which may be easier given the mechanical differences between the games.)
My FFTA hacking tools: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=9559.0

Believe it or not, I'm still working on this game.

ArcticPrism

Can the variable damage in the game be removed?
How about Alchemists? Why are they the only job that has an innate ability?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown