• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

gatebuster202

GG CT5. What a well built team.  :) I definitely new to remove a few skills and boost that Archer with the Hairpin like Baron Suggested. Yell is going to come off the Archer and squeeze in Wish. I saw the AI split up, which negates Bizen Boat as both damage and heal. I probably need that Lancer to have less Verticality to avoid *dumb* AI decisions. The Lancer's with Drain really helped the Sandbag for CT... And the Leg Aim procing Stop really up'd the AI priority. (Might remove it and the break skills. I tried guarding against a heavy status team. But Roulette lacks a comprehensive counter.
  • Modding version: PSX
Winner of the 2nd FFT Arena SCC Tourney. -Geomancers

Corosar

Quote from: Barren on July 25, 2016, 09:51:15 am
FFT Arena 1.4 - gatebuster202 (Holy Family) vs CT5Holy (Rawr)

FFT Arena 1.4 - Anima Zero (Midnight Platoon) vs Corosar (Drop Rocks on their Head)

well round 1 went rather well for me i have to say even with the fact that my team already was messed up by my mind failing to see that key issues with my team. i personally expected the loss after facepalming almost 3 times in my team introduction simply at my own stupidity. Still for all the mistakes i made i still held my own and i am very proud of this team. Great match Anima Zero!

PS: two key things i feel broke the team. wizard not having 1/3 of MP and the paladin not having mana to use lay on hands when he needed to. that issue has now been rectified. i hope.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Time for a new season!

V 1.4.1 W/L: 3 / 7
V 1.4 W/L: 3 / 14.5
V 1.39 W/L: 13.25 / 22

silentkaster

If anyone is considering using my newest team in a match in the next few hours, please do not. There are a couple of bugs that got patched that involve Life Song (which my team has) and a few other issues that I will be uploading a new PPF for when I get home this evening. Non-Life Song teams should be okay to record for next few hours though.
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

silentkaster

Corrected patch is up guys, so please continue recording at your leisure.

gatebuster202

I'm about to install and give Arena a test run at recording. Anyone want to request a pair to see. IF not Holy Family might seek a fight themselves.

silentkaster

Couple more updates. MP Regen and MP Poison sprites changed (previously, MP Poison used the "Stop" animation and MP Regen had no sprite. Now, both do.)

gatebuster202

Alrighty, I did a quick Match between Reks and Barren.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pwucGmfoLc&feature=youtu.be

This is a test run on the Video and Basic editing. Next is adding my commentary and music. (I picked up OBS to do my base recording, and may need to adjust resolution and such. Comments, criticism, and feedback on the video formatting welcome. Once we have basic video down I'll improve Audio.)

A note, I could use verification on my computer that I can have access to the FFH Arena Channel. I may need to jump onto discord the same time whoever is managing it is on to get that to happen.

Anima Zero

You know, I had a curious question....say you had the Hyper Wrist equipped which has (Always: HP Poison & Immune: HP Regen).  What happens if you equip a Light Robe (Always: HP Regen & Immune: HP Poison) as well?  Would one cancel out the other or would one status have higher priority?
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

TrueLight

Quote from: Anima Zero on July 26, 2016, 10:07:31 am
You know, I had a curious question....say you had the Hyper Wrist equipped which has (Always: HP Poison & Immune: HP Regen).  What happens if you equip a Light Robe (Always: HP Regen & Immune: HP Poison) as well?  Would one cancel out the other or would one status have higher priority?

I did a few quick tests and it looks like HP Poison has priority over HP Regen as my unit started out poisoned. I got the same result when using a P Bag.

silentkaster

K guys just real quick...

Please remember to delete your posts when updating/creating new teams and create a new one. This is so that people are aware that you changed your post and will have the updated team in their Mem Card Generator.

The oldest post(s) will get deleted if there are multiple posts from one person in the team submissions thread.

Dokurider

Well shoot, it looks like I took the Nameless Dance bait. All I wanted was some Oil.

Anima Zero

Thanks for the videos TrueLight!

Lucky status procs at the right time got me the win in the first round, but luck was not on my side for the other two rounds.  Might need to replace the Ninja with a better damage dealer, not sure.  Good match Dw!
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Heroebal

I think my archer got hit with oil a couple times but he kept his distance thanks to being critical most of the time. I think mp switch was not the best choice for him it worked good for the lancer though. I kind of think if my lancer is gonna be the main offense I probably should give some more oomph and survivability. We'll switch things around, GG Dokurider!!!

Reks

Quote from: gatebuster202 on July 26, 2016, 01:35:56 am
Alrighty, I did a quick Match between Reks and Barren.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pwucGmfoLc&feature=youtu.be

This is a test run on the Video and Basic editing. Next is adding my commentary and music. (I picked up OBS to do my base recording, and may need to adjust resolution and such. Comments, criticism, and feedback on the video formatting welcome. Once we have basic video down I'll improve Audio.)

A note, I could use verification on my computer that I can have access to the FFH Arena Channel. I may need to jump onto discord the same time whoever is managing it is on to get that to happen.

Fuck, forgot to reply yesterday.

Main thing to note here is that you put Earth Dragon back on my Samurai after I made sure to take it off, but it was arguably more effective than he would have been if he didn't have it :P

GG Barren! I just laid down too much hurt before you could return the favor, and that said Sam knocked all of your unit's HP down enough that the others could just 1-shot you is what won me both matches.

And Rouroni Elmdor said that Atma Bow looked silly... I don't think that a 50% 230 damage proc (on top of the weapon's somewhat weak damage) is "meh", just kinda tailor made for Squires :P
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Kurosabes

Quote from: gatebuster202 on July 26, 2016, 01:35:56 am

The channel is normally active during the evenings.
  • Discord username: Kurosabes#0312

gatebuster202

July 27, 2016, 10:36:57 pm #4856 Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 01:49:12 am by gatebuster202
Alright Next Video using the most recent memcard Gen. (And Barren, you almost swept an update past me.)

First Teams: Corosar (Return of the Base Elemental) and Vanvliete (C-Baggers)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0tbuv8WpDg&feature=youtu.be

Second Teams: CT5 Holy (Trampoline) vs Dokurider (Welcome to Hawaii)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dv1BOn2AsuE&feature=youtu.be

Third Teams: Barren(TO those who made 1.4 possible) vs DW6561 (Dance Attack)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uKuC6huJF4&feature=youtu.be
Edit:(One more as I get time...) (Maybe sound too...) Someone withdrew a team I had (randomly selected.) Will only do one more video in this batch. Probably tomorrow. Need sleep...

silentkaster

Removed sticky from the Team Building tool until Gaignun gets a chance to update it.

Corosar

Quote from: gatebuster202 on July 27, 2016, 10:36:57 pm
Alright Next Video using the most recent memcard Gen. (And Barren, you almost swept an update past me.)

First Teams: Corosar (Return of the Base Elemental) and Vanvliete (C-Baggers)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0tbuv8WpDg&feature=youtu.be

Second Teams: CT5 Holy (Trampoline) vs Dokurider (Welcome to Hawaii)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dv1BOn2AsuE&feature=youtu.be

Third Teams: Barren(TO those who made 1.4 possible) vs DW6561 (Dance Attack)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uKuC6huJF4&feature=youtu.be
Edit:(One more as I get time...) (Maybe sound too...) Someone withdrew a team I had (randomly selected.) Will only do one more video in this batch. Probably tomorrow. Need sleep...

D...damn.. why the hell was my units simply not dealing out the damage i expected from them. I am definately gonna have to go though their equipment and find out. I thought for sure that i cranked their stats as high as i could. But apariently i didn't get anything different from normal. 100 damage bahamuts and 100 damage grand crosses are not gonna do much at all. back to the drawing board with them. Great match Vanvliete Great team synergy as well. That was definately a bigger factor as well. My team got destroyed out there!
Time for a new season!

V 1.4.1 W/L: 3 / 7
V 1.4 W/L: 3 / 14.5
V 1.39 W/L: 13.25 / 22

Dokurider

Ugh, Leg Aim is so disgusting now. Also I might have to increase the team speed to 9. Or maybe just my Item Dancers.