• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 05:51:56 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

problems with FFTPatcher

Started by DARKANGELUXZ, January 13, 2015, 09:10:19 pm

DARKANGELUXZ

problems with FFTPatcher
try renaming Agrias by Andrea in all sectors of unit names
but when I apply the patch iso image and run the emulator does not change and still looks Agrias with your name,
not to do now

Jumza

Make sure that you are using quick edit first, I believe FFTacText does this by default. There are 2 Agrias names under Entry 52 and Entry 30, make sure you are either editing the right one or both.
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

DARKANGELUXZ

January 13, 2015, 09:59:25 pm #2 Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 10:53:05 pm by Jumza
I mean, if I edit quick edition only
I have not edited in any of the other sectors besides?
I can rename jobs and skills without problem
but does not accept rename Agras

Jumza

No, quick edit changes everything. It should work if you use quick edit.

Did you try what I suggested? There are 2 Agrias names. Replace both.
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

DARKANGELUXZ

even I close the application and open it again
and the sector unit name text is edited .but
I put it in the emulator and the new name is not visible,
Quote from: Jumza on January 13, 2015, 10:57:18 pm
No, quick edit changes everything. It should work if you use quick edit.

Did you try what I suggested? There are 2 Agrias names. Replace both.

3lric

Save your tactext as a file and post it here.

Xifanie

The name Agrias being edited in FFTactext will not change for an Agrias already in your party, and when she talks during events it will always be Agrias until you edit the events.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

DARKANGELUXZ

January 14, 2015, 08:44:58 am #7 Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 10:05:32 am by DARKANGELUXZ

Agrias_Andrea.ffttext :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/finalfantasytacticslatinos/406535082845967/

how come edit the events ?

3lric

Quote from: Xifanie on January 14, 2015, 08:23:50 am
The name Agrias being edited in FFTactext will not change for an Agrias already in your party

Also, I just opened your tactext patch in Notepad. Found a ton of unchanged Agrias entries.

Xifanie

Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

DARKANGELUXZ

January 15, 2015, 03:15:24 am #10 Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 04:41:50 am by DARKANGELUXZ
Xifanie where I can learn how to edit events?
http://i.imgur.com/PU0PJUq.jpg

after a search in all sectors FFTactext looking Agrias and changing the name in which it was possible to get to the conclucion find that you can not do in this program, now I need a new plan. Did you ever looking like editing text I saw that I could do something with a hex editor, but I saw complicated, talves you've got another idea, I could simply rename the file gme using fftastic but I need to put it directly into the ISO image.

3lric

Quote from: DARKANGELUXZ on January 15, 2015, 03:15:24 am
Xifanie where I can learn how to edit events?
http://i.imgur.com/PU0PJUq.jpg

after a search in all sectors FFTactext looking Agrias and changing the name in which it was possible to get to the conclucion find that you can not do in this program, now I need a new plan. Did you ever looking like editing text I saw that I could do something with a hex editor, but I saw complicated, talves you've got another idea, I could simply rename the file gme using fftastic but I need to put it directly into the ISO image.

How about looking in the event editing section??

DARKANGELUXZ

FFTactext use in QuickEdit look all I can edit the Agrias name until exhaustion and did not work.
I played a round at EPSXE with ISO and keep it to see if you could see the change and no.
then ask how I can do and the answer was ...
Quote from: Xifanie on January 14, 2015, 08:23:50 am
The name Agrias being edited in FFTactext will not change for an Agrias already in your party, and when she talks during events it will always be Agrias until you edit the events.

then that all I can do at the moment, which responded.

DARKANGELUXZ

Quote from: Elric on January 14, 2015, 03:15:37 pm
Also, I just opened your tactext patch in Notepad. Found a ton of unchanged Agrias entries.

Eric, reviewing your patch:
Journey of the Five Chapter 1

and this is more or less what I need
and as I see you could guide me better ask your best guess, about achieving edit the names, so I do not have to be constantly bothering you, I ask him please.

3lric

This still won't change the name when it comes to any scenes that are not battle related, since those must be manually edited in the event.
The things you are changing will ONLY change Agrias' name in battle and in formation, however if you wish to change the rest you will need to edit the events, which is why I mentioned the Event Editing section of the forum.

Your Tactext changes will need to be applied to a new game, or one that does NOT currently have Agrias in your party. Which I honestly think is the issue you are having. However the clearly extreme language barrier is making that hard to communicate...

DARKANGELUXZ

is true that language is a barrier but not
I want to give up for that.
This is the first experiment you see that more in depth with editing tools
so now I encounter problems not found it before like this.
now I wonder ... these links are correct?

http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=8229.0
and are what I need to accomplish this?

3lric

Use the step by step tutorial under the videos. The videos are outdated, but are still valid.
I'm going to remake the event editing portion of that tutorial once EVSP 2.0 comes out.

DARKANGELUXZ

thanks Elric
would be great if you update the information for everyone here.
You really can bet that really me very often around here.
I love both the FFT game system like you.
making it difficult things is the language but eventually improve my English.