• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 05:56:01 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

ENTD Sprites?

Started by suekru, December 09, 2014, 07:27:12 pm

suekru

December 09, 2014, 07:27:12 pm Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 07:36:44 pm by suekru
Hey, I've been figuring my way around this I think pretty well, I've always like modding and messing with files and its fun to for one of my favorite games, but I have a question concerning the sprites in the ENTD tab, I usually grind a little at Mandalia Plains and didn't feel like fighting monsters all the time so I changed the west battles to have people instead, and it works all fine howerever one of the battles I place a guess knight into there as random, I seen her in one of my battles, but she had the green sprite instead of the normal guess knight sprite, so I changed the sprite from generic female to "64" since thats what the sprite number is in shishi, but didn't see her so I copied my game over and patched it so all random battles would have the same people and checked always present, and she wont show up unless shes generic female.

I also wanted in a later battle to add a person with white knight class but have the sprite of knight and thought that this method would work but I assume not unless I'm messing something, anyway heres a screeshot of what I have.

Edit: sorry for the huge picture I have my laptop plugged into my tv so I can have a game on one and still do things on the other. Made it smaller

Jumza

Turn it back to the generic female sprite and change the palette setting :) It's right under faith / bravery, you can make units have any of the colors that are available to them, for most sprites (generics that is) that's 0 - 4.
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

suekru

oohh okay, I feel stupid now :P I think it should be 2 then. Do you know about the white knight guess or would that work?

3lric

Yes you should be able to do that, just change the skillset to whichever one you make for them. Unless I'm mistaken.

Just make sure you don't go over the 9 sprite limit.
  • Modding version: PSX