• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:47:37 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Learn on Hit??? Help

Started by suekru, December 08, 2014, 08:58:57 pm

suekru

Hi I'm late to the modding scene but I'm enjoying it a lot c: I've been only replacing sprites and what not but have gotten into fftpatcher, and I set wish on normal squires but is set as learn on hit, and since ramza already has it I used it on someone and didn't let me learn it, I checked the learn with jp and set the jp to 9999 and then then had ramza use it and it worked, I mean I can do it this way I just don't care for the random 9999 ability there >.< but not a big problem. Anyway any ideas?

Xifanie

I know you can't learn Zodiac by taking 0 damage through innocent, so I'm guessing you have to heal the target so have the chance to learn it.

The only other thing I can think of is the learn % but I'm sure you left that at 100%.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

suekru

Thank you c: I see you on a lot of the post, you really seem to know a lot about modding this game :p but yeah I threw a stone at someone and used wish and it worked, I thought it might be that but didn't try it -.- I loved final fantasy tactics since I was a kid so its interesting with mods!

Gokzarak

you did something like this?

suekru

yep :p it finally worked, it seems like it has to change something so if its health it has to damage or add health for you to learn if you use antidote you have to be poison and cure it for it to work. A little weird but workable with c:

Gokzarak

Of course, that varies, if you want your character learns a stroke, can be attacks damage, heal, remove some altered state or add a state.
whenever the character receives the attack.

alonerfeumuno

Can an monster ally use a learnable skill on my blue mage or needs to be an enemy ?
  • Discord username: alonerfeumuno

Jumza

Allies can hit each other with Learn on Hit skills to learn them!
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.