• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:06:52 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

1 sprite location?

Started by Mograine_D, December 21, 2017, 09:40:36 pm

Mograine_D

Hey, getting restarted going threw the forums looking at other peoples sprites using them to play around with in game or for inspiration.. then I had a thought or a hope rather.. I don't know who handles that official sprite section on the main website but I was hoping that someone could compile all the posted sprites and put them in 1 location on forum or add the more recent ones to the main site sprite location idk if this has been talked about or what but it would be a GREAT help.
if there is already a place like this and I'm just SOOPER DUM please let me know

I realize that's a lot of work I would be glad to help do some grunt work tracking them down if need be.
  • Modding version: PSX
Chuuuuurrrrge!!

Knox

THERE'S custom SPRITES NOT ON THE custom sprites page?

*runs to search*
~Auranhiem

3lric

Rfh

The problem is that spriters published their sprites here: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=405.380. But what has happened since 2013? The site is completaly dead. I tried to revive it a year before posting some sprites, but the sprites haven't appeared yet in the custom sprites section.

Quote from Xifanie:

Quote from: Xifanie on January 09, 2017, 02:13:46 pm
It's not technically dead... people have just stopped spriting and the few that do never submit their sprites... like people just assume I'll browse their topics for them and add their sprite; idfk.

If anything, this topic is a good place for people to submit their sprites and get proper credit for them. But like I said, hardly anyone bothers doing so.

I want to think that the sprite section is not very active last years because most of spriters are working to Jot5 (?)
Anyway I think that if the Sprite forum were active it would motivate new artists to work in new sprites.

Quote from: Xifanie on January 09, 2017, 05:40:00 pm
And thank you Rfh. I don't know when I'll get around to it because first they need to go through quality control. I think Lijj used to do that, but he hasn't exactly been around much in the past few years.

Because Lijj is mostly gone for the work, it seems that we need a new quality controller.

• Discord username: rfh

Mograine_D

yeah rfh that's what I was looking for when I posted this origionally had no idea that a section like that existed
I actually found the area where u get them added to the main sites sprite location, its under site submission theres an area there for sprites to be added.. had no idea haha but yeah was getting tired of going post to post to post for sprites theres a lot of seriously cool ones out there they just haven't been added to the site submission spot..

ah well guess I'm doomed to search for them *cry*
Chuuuuurrrrge!!