• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:06:06 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

SoySauceMaster

Isn't finding exploits fun? Sad thing is; the "-ton" Nijitsu abilities are stronger, IMHO. They may be elemental on hit, but that just means you can amplify the damage with flails and Attack UP. The reason why you think it's so strong, is because of Masamune. I'm able to combo on a unit, and anti-sandbag before my opponent gets a chance to heal. I could get the same effect, if I were to use the "-ton" Ninjitsu, or even Jump to deal damage. Haste, itself, is broken if you don't use it.

Gaignun

Grand Cross is pretty rough, too.  It can heal the user to full and deal 220-300 damage to anyone unfortunate enough to get caught in its AoE.  Only teams built against the gun's element are let off easy.  One solution would be to prevent archers from equipping magic guns.  

Barren

Quote from: Gaignun on February 10, 2012, 12:10:00 pm
Grand Cross is pretty rough, too.  It can heal the user to full and deal 220-300 damage to anyone unfortunate enough to get caught in its AoE.  Only teams built against the gun's element are let off easy.  One solution would be to prevent archers from equipping magic guns. 

Yes GC does do a juicy amount of damage. But if Archer's can't equip magical guns then would that include the Chemist and Mediator class as well? Because in theory they count as guns.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Dol

Quote from: Barren on February 10, 2012, 12:04:45 pm
Quick note: I forgot to equip one of the Dancer's with Persia so my apologies Dol

I completely blame my performance on your oversight in this matter Barren.  Or...

I stopped using Mimes once they became vulnerable to status effects.  This match reminded me why.  Its really hard to have a pure support unit and a Mime on the same team and have it be effective, and thats what I would have needed against Lief.  His team performed really well.  That Knight having good compat with my team totally wrecked me.

Gaignun

Quote from: Barren on February 10, 2012, 12:18:13 pm
Yes GC does do a juicy amount of damage. But if Archer's can't equip magical guns then would that include the Chemist and Mediator class as well? Because in theory they count as guns.

I don't believe it is an issue with chemists and mediators, as they have lower PA and cannot equip Kaiser Shields and Attack UP at the same time.  With a Bracer, Twist Headband, and Blaze Gun, they'd use Grand Cross for around 300 damage, but then they'd be blinding themselves, which would make P-Ev more effective against them.

SoySauceMaster

Thanks for the vids, Barren.

That makes me wonder if having a double flail'd Ninja, using Grand Cross, would stack in WP? Or is it just based on whatever weapon equipped on top hand? Would the elemental bonus stack from 2nd flail?

x2 Sadist's Whip + Golden Hairpin + Black Costume + 108 Gems = x4 Dark elemental bonus, if they all stack, plus Attack UP to boot. Heck, why even use Grand Cross, if you can just use un-evadable Meiton at 5 range? If you're going to use Ninjitsu, may as well equip Spiked Futon and Aspergilum instead, and have double elemental bonus for all the "-tons". :?

CT5Holy

Strengthen: Element boost is only applied once.

And IIRC the game only looks at the WP for the top weapon.
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

RavenOfRazgriz

Elemental Bonus is only applied once.  Same goes for any other kind of bonus.

For a skill that only swings once (such as Grand Cross), only the Right (Top) Hand's WP is applied if two weapons are equipped.

For a skill that swings many times, the Right (Top) Hand's WP is applied for the first attack, and the Left (Bottom) Hand's WP is applied for subsequent attacks.  I don't believe this is relevant to any skill in Arena, though.

Avalanche

Reks

I'm up for a match. I wanna see me get slaughtered!
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

RavenOfRazgriz

February 11, 2012, 07:32:19 pm #1191 Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 07:52:17 pm by RavenOfRazgriz
I haven't been around much since I've been busy working on a lot of things, but if the newbie wants to lose so badly, I'll volunteer for hazing him with either Y U SO DERP or Playground Pioneers unless you want to do the honors or have something better in mind, Barren.

(Not Santa Christ's Religious Orbital Bombardment Cannons though, that team is probably being retired when I bother to update again, and Viper's Harem Ending would be pulling my punches!)

After catching up on a few videos, though, a quick recommendation Barren:  Start recording on the title screen if you must show off the fact Arena has one every video despite few people probably caring, and don't make us sit through the entire FFT intro just to do it.  That thing is like a minute and a half long and I despise sitting through it when I PLAY the damn game, I definitely don't want to do it when I WATCH it.

Barren

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on February 11, 2012, 07:32:19 pm
I haven't been around much since I've been busy working on a lot of things, but if the newbie wants to lose so badly, I'll volunteer for hazing him with either Y U SO DERP or Playground Pioneers unless you want to do the honors or have something better in mind, Barren.

(Not Santa Christ's Religious Orbital Bombardment Cannons though, that team is probably being retired when I bother to update again, and Viper's Harem Ending would be pulling my punches!)

After catching up on a few videos, though, a quick recommendation Barren:  Start recording on the title screen if you must show off the fact Arena has one every video despite few people probably caring, and don't make us sit through the entire FFT intro just to do it.  That thing is like a minute and a half long and I despise sitting through it when I PLAY the damn game, I definitely don't want to do it when I WATCH it.

Thanks for the tip, I didn't realize that FFM kept the title screen by accident. For all I knew it was part of his patch release
You dare cross blades with me?

Reks

Noticed it too, just thought it was something you liked to put in. I just found about when to skip it and did that.

And huzzah for my most-likely glorious loss! I really doubt i'll beat RoR, but I'm happy either way.

AeroGP

I recommend adding a link in the description that skips to 1:28, where the commentary actually starts.
Quote from: Tycho"There are a number of different factors impacting server connectivity on Xbox 360," the spokesperson said. "It is a particularly complex server architecture and we continue to work with Microsoft to improve connectivity."

I don't want to bolster any "violent gamer" tropes, but that statement makes me want to improve the connectivity of my front two knuckles with their esophagus.  I wonder how Brenna would respond if I told her that "fidelity" was complicated.

Reks

February 12, 2012, 09:50:58 pm #1196 Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 01:00:23 am by Reks
I winced every time my Pal used Koutetsu and Kiku... And I hadn't thought 100% into the GC Darkness backfire. Dias Will be fixed in those regards. Still, I didn't think my team would win. Good to know I was wrong, I suppose.

TrueLight

I knew I should've given my Samurai Muramasa :? Not enough damage from the Blast Guns/Bolt spells and Koutetsu is still killing me. My Samurai was useless due to the Archers/Bards having N-Kai Armlets/Black Costumes. Those Archers sure love breaking my stuff & when they're not, its Arm Aim time. GG Dol.
  • Modding version: PSX

Avalanche

February 13, 2012, 01:04:14 pm #1198 Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 03:11:46 pm by Avalanche
I realy should make sure to get "stop" for my own units, it can be so damn strong. GG

Reks

Team was fixed (mostly the Paladin, small changes on the others) and ready to go again. I'm up for a match against anyone!