• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:08:03 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

FFTacText Freezes During Patching Process

Started by Andrew, December 18, 2009, 01:10:48 pm

Andrew

December 18, 2009, 01:10:48 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Andrew
Hello, everyone.

I have been trying to patch a clean FFT ISO with my numerous changes in FFTacText, and it seem to patch correctly until it gets to one spot. It just freezes up there... I've let it do its thing for up to 15 minutes and it still doesn't move. I attached a screen shot to this topic. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • Modding version: PSX

Jon

December 18, 2009, 01:49:59 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Jon
2 questions: Is it the same .iso/.img file that you used to open up the FFTacText with? And did you change names around?

I get this problem for some reason when I change the names (like Gafgarion to something else). I think that you have to change names in 4 places: ATTACK.OUT, OPEN.LZW, and then twice under WORLD.LZW. If you didn't change unit names, then ignore this.

Also, just a warning: never try to change text when an iso has been patched, it may work with 1.3, but not with WotL patch.
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Andrew

December 18, 2009, 09:06:54 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Andrew
Well, I downloaded the FFTC v.50 beta ppf and applied it to the plain FFT ISO. Then, I loaded it in FFTacText and started to apply my changes. (This is a personal patch, so don't worry) I then tried to patch the edited TacText file to another plain FFT ISO, and that's when I started having the problems. So yes, the names were changed in those specific locations, but since it's part of the WotL text port, I'm not going to change it. (I honestly don't mind Algus' name being changed to Argath)
  • Modding version: PSX