• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Xif's Fixes (ASM Hacks & Spreadsheets)

Started by Xifanie, September 12, 2008, 10:50:17 pm

Xifanie

November 30, 2008, 11:54:03 pm #100 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
And what do you mean Zozma, when an enemy invites one of your units, you can still control it?
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Archael

November 30, 2008, 11:56:35 pm #101 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "Zodiac"And what do you mean Zozma, when an enemy invites one of your units, you can still control it?

Currently, yes.

You can still control it, even though it's number gem shows up RED and it is now displayed as ENEMY in battle.

The unit is also gone after the battle, and the battle will not end until you kill it.

He wants to stop the control part.

The Damned

December 01, 2008, 02:46:24 am #102 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
Okay, I lied.

I've thought of two more questions with regards to the Fury thing, Zodiac:

• Does it affect physical chances to hit as well (in cases of physical-based percentage attacks)? Or is strictly a damage formula?
  • Since less Fury means less damage and you were having problems with Berserk, have you yet found if there are any problems with Chicken? I ask namely because Chicken causes you take 150% damage, but with Fury, since you would be under 10 Brave, you would take at least 50% less damage, so...?

Thanks again.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Archael

December 01, 2008, 08:33:22 am #103 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "The Damned"Okay, I lied.

I've thought of two more questions with regards to the Fury thing, Zodiac:

• Does it affect physical chances to hit as well (in cases of physical-based percentage attacks)? Or is strictly a damage formula?
  • Since less Fury means less damage and you were having problems with Berserk, have you yet found if there are any problems with Chicken? I ask namely because Chicken causes you take 150% damage, but with Fury, since you would be under 10 Brave, you would take at least 50% less damage, so...?

Thanks again.

1. might... not sure how thorough zodiac was with them
2. it will probably stack with the damage penalties for some statuses like chicken and sleep, since those take extra damage regardless of the formula behind the physical attack used

Archael

December 01, 2008, 09:11:50 am #104 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
while Zodiac slowly teaches me the stuff I need to know to play around with ASM

(and I won't have alot of time these next 2 weeks due to finlas)

I have a request to see if someone could look at the Transparent status and see if they can remove it's permanent in-battle duration

Zozma

December 01, 2008, 04:05:15 pm #105 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
i would just like it made so that AI doesn't ignore it thus being nothing more than a special effect...

OR make it so on either side it only makes you immune to physical attacks
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Archael

December 01, 2008, 05:07:15 pm #106 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
that's another request altogether

all I want is for it to not be infinite

VincentCraven

December 03, 2008, 07:21:56 am #107 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
Zodiac: I know you haven't been having much success with changing unsigned bytes to signed, but do you have an idea of how to find the place to change it?  My biggest problem with the equipment system is the lack of speed loss when equipping different items.

I'd be more than happy to take a few stabs at it, though I figured it'd check with you first in case you had found anything out about it.
I changed jobs and that has made all the difference.

BeoulveBlack

December 03, 2008, 08:53:40 am #108 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by BeoulveBlack
i'm really diggin tis fury thing! i must implement this!

Xifanie

December 03, 2008, 04:47:10 pm #109 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
20% success yet, It will require some custom code implemented in WORLD.BIN where the kanji resides.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

Vanya

December 03, 2008, 11:05:22 pm #110 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Is it possible to make Defend reduce damage by say 25% instead of increasing evade? And if it is possible would it affect Abandon since it causes the same effect?

Not an ASM question, but if a unit has Abandon and they then go into defend status do the two effects stack?
¯\(°_0)/¯

Archael

December 03, 2008, 11:25:24 pm #111 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quotebut if a unit has Abandon and they then go into defend status do the two effects stack?

yep

Vanya

December 04, 2008, 12:03:36 am #112 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Yeah I figured as much.
¯\(°_0)/¯

VincentCraven

December 04, 2008, 11:01:16 am #113 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
The Knight Sword fix not only removes the Br/100 part from Katana attacks, it also removes it from bare fist attacks.  I don't know why the game is linked up that way, but that's how it works.
I changed jobs and that has made all the difference.

Xifanie

December 04, 2008, 04:53:34 pm #114 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
dangit...

Vanya

December 04, 2008, 05:36:58 pm #115 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
It's probably going to end up being the same for Defend and Abandon. But I hope not...

Here's another possibility! If you make Defend have the same effect as Defense Up, will they stack like the current Defend and Abandon?
¯\(°_0)/¯

Skip Sandwich

December 04, 2008, 06:53:24 pm #116 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
I dont see why not, since support abilites stack just fine as is, the question you should be asking is will a Defense Upping Defend stack with Defense Up? (unless that IS what you are asking and i'm just reading you incorrectly)
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

The Damned

December 04, 2008, 06:58:54 pm #117 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
That's what he's asking, Skip.

Anyway, Zodiac, am I insane, or did you have a CT Hack post you took down?

(Well, don't answer that first one. Did you have a CT Hack post that you took down, though? It's bothering me....)
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Xifanie

December 04, 2008, 08:01:30 pm #118 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Ya, I thought it was working so I posted it and after that I actually tested it, and it was crashing the game while activation reaction abilities...
link? no clue X_X

Gamesoul Master

December 05, 2008, 05:56:48 am #119 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Gamesoul Master
Quote from: "Voldemort7"I have a request to see if someone could look at the Transparent status and see if they can remove it's permanent in-battle duration

I'm assuming you mean like if a character has it and does absolutely nothing (since it fades so damn easily), right? I would like to see that, if only for it to not be broken like that. And also, an AI recognition option wouldn't be bad to see (if it's even possible).

I'm also a tad confused about this Fury thing. Some posts seem to basically state that the way the game uses Brave has been completely changed, and the name of it was changed from Brave to Fury. But statements like "it was added to make low brave useful" make it sound like Fury is something added in *addition* to brave.

If the first statement is true and Fury is just Brave renamed, why do it in the first place? Is it renamed just to disguish in-game that if you had any prior knowledge about Brave, throw it out the window because this is completely different and you wanted to make that abundantly clear?