• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:15:29 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Final Fantasy Tactics: Kind Of PSX (Current version: 2.6, Updated: 10/23/16)

Started by Eternal248, March 29, 2012, 12:13:12 pm

Dol

Quote from: Eternal248 on May 17, 2012, 07:19:28 am
I'm actually deciding how I want to go about releasing it. It changes a lot of stuff, namely DD and monsters, and I'm not sure everyone will want all the changes. So I'm debating if I should keep 1.21 up for those people who don't want the monster changes and DD changes.

And the benefit of being the boss is that you can do what you want :)

The Damned

(Lame. The first thing I hear about when I wake up is Donna Summer having died. Boo....)

You should probably leave up 1.21 just so people have the option, especially if monsters and DD is all you touched.

Of course, if you're having such reservations about it, perhaps state more clearly what you did change before trying to decide, at least if you can only choose one or the other. I see nothing wrong with keeping up both, though, or perhaps even "just" making a 1.21b that updates humans without monster or DD changes.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Eternal

The total changelog for 2.0:

-Arm/Leg Aim/Seal Evil have been buffed.
-Adrammelech has been given a slightly altered skillset.
-Meliadoul gains Innate: Secret Hunt.
-Bahamut's CT and JP cost have been lowered.
-Holy's power and CT have been halved. MP and JP costs have been lowered to compensate.
-Monsters have been given more MP. This won't impact much, but will allow some of them to actually use their spells now.
-Equip Axe is moved from Squire to Geomancer.
-Monster Skill is moved from Squire to Mediator.
-Worker 8 is given +1 Move, Innate: Fly and has had Counter replaced with Damage Split.
-Celia and Lede (human) have been given increased HP.
-The price for Potions, Hi-Potions, X-Potions, Ethers, Hi-Ethers, Remedies, and Phoenix Downs have increased.
-Chakra/Stigma Magic now have proper vertical tolerance.
-Cachusha/Barette/Ribbon's descriptions are fixed.
-Monsters are given Gained EXP Up to more easily keep up with other party members and promote usage.
-Protect/Shell vertical up to 1.
-Protect 2/Shell 2/Haste 2/Slow 2/Wall CT have been buffed.
-Rad comes with Mediator 3 unlocked.
-Alicia comes with Lancer 3 unlocked.
-Lavian comes with Geomancer 3 unlocked.
-Agrias comes with Monk 5 unlocked.
-Mustadio comes with Chemist 6 unlocked.
-Rafa comes with Calculator 1 unlocked.
-Malak comes with Ninja 1 unlocked.
-Orlandu comes with Bard 2 unlocked.
-Meliadoul comes with Dancer 2 unlocked.
-Beowulf comes with Samurai 5 unlocked.
-Human Reis comes with Mime 3 unlocked.
-Sinogue has been turned into an Ultima Demon.
-Chocobo Attack now inflicts Slow.
-Tackle now inflicts Immobilize.
-Bite now inflicts Oil.
-Scratch now inflicts Blind.
-Tentacle now inflicts Confuse.
-Knife Hand now inflicts Sleep.
-Throw Spirit now inflicts Undead.
-Wing Attack now inflicts Stop.
-Scratch Up now may dispel buffs.
-Straight Dash now inflicts Innocent.
-Leaf Dance now inflicts Silence.
-Shake Off now inflicts Berserk.
-Malboro Tentacle now inflicts Poison.
-Stab Up now inflicts Doom.
-Dash now inflicts Disable.
-Triple Attack now inflicts Petrify.
-Beowulf's Brave is increased.
-Some damaging monster skills have been buffed slightly.
-Mediators can now use Books.
-Ramza is given Counter Tackle, Monster Skill, Gained JP Up, Gained EXP Up, Move-JP Up, and Move-EXP Up.
-Mustadio can use Crossbows and Bows.
-Agrias is given Defend, Equip Armor, Defense Up, Magic Defense Up, and Caution.
-Meliadoul is given Attack Up, Counter, Faith Up, PA Save, and Jump +2.
-Malak is given Sunken State, Speed Save, Fly.
-Rafa is given Magic Attack Up, Half of MP, Abandon, Fly.
-Orlandu is given Equip Sword, Move +1, Weapon Guard, and Brave Up.
-Beowulf is given MP Restore, Move-HP Up, Move +2, and Absorb Used MP.
-Reis is given Train, Monster Talk, Monster Skill, Counter Flood, and Dragon Spirit.
-Kletian has been given Non-Charge.
-Zalbag's Ruins have been made unevadeable and free.
-Mustadio is given Equip Gun, Throw Item, Maintenance, Equip Change, and Concentrate.
-Undead units will always revive some time after three turns.
-Truth/Untruth spells have been made evadeable.
-Byblos loses Energy.
-Byblos gains each of the Bios.
-Worker 8 gains Energy.
-Destroy now removes Protect/Shell/Reflect/Defending from all enemies.
-Compress now damages an enemy's MP.
-Certain battles have been tweaked.
-Defense Up/Magic Defense Up on bosses (Lucavi/Izlude excluded, they're tough enough).
-Worker 7 now has ??? stats.
-Monsters (including Worker 8, Byblos, Archaic Demons, etc.) HP multipliers have been increased by 25%.
-Treants now absorb Water as well as Earth.
-Minotaurs now absorb Earth and can use Earth Slash.
-Malboros are no longer weak to Ice.
-Ahrimans are no longer weak to Ice, are weak to Dark.
-Tiamats now absorb Wind and are no longer weak to Ice.
-The skillsets for the undead human units at Yuguo, Poeskas, Limberry have been revised.

I would like to add some more ENTD changes though, namely adding more battles akin to the 11 Monk battle people enjoy.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Timbo

I think it sounds like a fine patch. Monsters become more usable and more competitive. Everybody wins. In my patch I actually phased all of the generic monster attacks out and replaced them with a generic attack skill which honestly feels all together lame. I think customizing those attacks with things like status effects, range, area, or alternative damage formulas is much more interesting and closer to the original spirit of the game.

I only really have two concerns. I like the idea of making the special units RSM better but is it a good idea? Generic units have to work harder to get those abilities and become even less interesting because of this. Your Special units more freedom to explore different areas of the job tree. Personally, I think you should keep Counter Tackle, Defend, Gained JP Up, and Move +1 on them all. Adding more to that is totally cool though. Agrias, Orlandu, and Meliadoul, and Beowulf need Equip Sword and Mustadio needs Equip Gun in his skillset. I think Move +2 is far to awesome to just be given away willy nilly.

Oh and keep up both patches if you're concerned. It's only natural for a patch to get further away from vanilla the longer it gets support.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Timbo

Eternal

In regards to giving special units better R/S/Ms early on, it's mainly to make up for the fact that you've probably unlocked at least some of the R/S/Ms you want on your generics before getting said characters. This allows special units to catch up more quickly, meaning less grinding overall, and also makes their base jobs a bit more interesting to develop in.
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

Eternal

May 18, 2012, 09:24:50 am #65 Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 09:30:48 am by Eternal248
I've uploaded KO 2.0, feel free to try it out. For those who don't want the new stuff, I've also kept 1.21 up. 1.21 is pretty bug free, with the exception of some very minor text errors, so play whichever version you prefer. ^_^

EDIT: 2.0 will be the final version of KO, bugfixes notwithstanding.

Dome

Well done in keeping both 1.21 and 2.00 Et, you have my full support :-)

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Eternal

I'd like to see you record some of the Trials and DD battles sometime, Dome. :P

Dome

Quote from: Eternal248 on May 18, 2012, 10:53:25 am
I'd like to see you record some of the Trials and DD battles sometime, Dome. :P

Why not
Maybe this summer, after the exams are over ;-)

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Eternal

Thanks to Dol's stream, I've discovered some issues with how units have been generated in DD from the ENTDs. I'm creating a fix for this and some other stuff I meant to do earlier but forgot. So I apologize for the inconvenience, but I'll have a fix up soon.

Eternal

Sorry about the quick release right after 2.0. 2.1 features a fix for DD's battles, and a bunch of other little changes I forgot to add in 2.0.

Dol

Elidbis will only cast Midgar Swarm and never Zodiac.  Its due to the MA ratio being higher on Swarm than Zodiac I believe.

*Edit*  You can get him to cast Zodiac, it just takes some manipulation.  You need someone with Talk Skill & Monster Talk to raise his faith to 100, then raise the faith of your summoners some as well  (youll want to break his MA a few times first!)

Eternal

The (hopefully) final version is being tested by me as we speak. The biggest changes for 2.2 will be monsters getting different Monster Skills and some changes to Dispel and some small fixes. I'm saying this will be the last version... please don't find any bugs and make a liar out of me. :P

Timbo

Are they getting new monster skills or just different ones?

Eternal

Each family is getting the same Monster Skill, all of which are existing skills retooled to precisely fit a monster family's themes and needs.

Timbo

Eternal

I can certainly use all the help I can get. I can send you the test .ppf if you'd like.

Timbo

Yeah sure. Go ahead and pm it to me. Can you send me a changelog or a list of things you need tested as well?

Eternal

Hoxir

I kind of liked this one (haha, have you got it? Kind of... kind of...)

(...)

(Okay...)

Some doubts: the stats and constrains of the jobs (multipliers and growth tables) are still the same?