• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:05:39 am

[EFFECT]flame sword

Started by Lijj, September 04, 2012, 12:47:32 am

Lijj

September 04, 2012, 12:47:32 am Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 12:59:36 am by Lijj
I set the back ground to Screen.. so it'll probably look different in-game but I might take it out if it looks bad. here's a preview from the sprite editor:
  • Modding version: PSX

Lijj

What I'm hoping is screen on the BG will actually make it look light and hazey in-game.
Not sure if I like the circus tent monter in the first one.. maybe it could work if the rotation is doubled and it blends in lightly.. is there a way we could implement opacity on layers? we could have circus-tent monster on some frames fade in slightly and then fade out. while the sword rotates on other layers perhaps.

Dome

Just want to say that this looks awesome

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

MiKeMiTchi

The flame sword is awesome by itself, but the rotating animation is kinda dull for me. It needs more burn, glow, flow, and flare! It could have looked better on Alpha-blend mode. The idea you have for transparency is actually nice. I wish the sprite editor could support that. Magis! Do more.
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

Choto

One thing you can do for more of a glow-effect for the BG is use something like the Cure graphics, prefereably one without bright spots, and stretch them so they just look like a color-haze. Great to see the fruit of your labors!

You can also create a motion tween, and assign a color to that tween. Then when you're in the edit frame screen, you can select a frame and assign it to part of the tween, and it'll color it the associated color. You /might/ be able to use that to make a fade-out type thing but i haven't tried it yet.

Lijj

September 04, 2012, 05:29:45 pm #5 Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 09:13:08 pm by Lijj
Thanks for the feedback guys.. I'm gonna take the background layer out. I'll look into tweens as well.

EDIT:
I took the bg out: