• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 01:25:54 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

shishi sprite editor question

Started by DERIDEX120, December 23, 2015, 12:17:28 pm

DERIDEX120

I used shishi sprite editor, it asked me to restructure, I did. I replaced the "ovelia" sprite with one of the customs I found on here. When I start a new game, the orbonne prayer still has the vanilla ovelia. It was my understanding shishi updated your image automatically. was there a step I missed?
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

Emmy

You need to make sure the Entd entry for the event matches the sprite you changed.  Also, some events use special EVTCHR.  Not 100% sure if that event does, but probably.
  • Modding version: PSX

DERIDEX120

One question about ENTD, I have specified that ramza start out with specified gear, just to test them to make sure they function correctly as formulas and status effects and stuff were changed.
the default was "random" but no matter what i do ramza always starts out with the same gear.
Im not sure what to do about that?

Jumza

ch1 beginning of the game Ramza has his equipment set via something other than the ENTD, but there is a spreadsheet that allows you to modify it if you wish (somewhere).

Ch2 Ramza in the Prologue of the game make sure you are editing the battle ENTD and not the event in the church beforehand.
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

DERIDEX120

Ill have to investigate that after work. But I remember that ENTD I had changed had 3 or 4 enemies listed, so I figured that was the battle outside the church.

Jumza

The very first event actually contains data for like... 4 enemies? They never appear in the event itself but the data is there. Make sure that the ENTD has all of Alicia / Lavian / Rad / Gaffy / Agrias / Ramza etc, and not Ovelia / Simon.

I'd give you the number but I can't access my files right now Q.Q
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

DERIDEX120

That is very helpful. I will know what to look for after wirk. Thanks! After that ive got to figure out the deal with evtchrs and custom sprites.