• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:05:27 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

[Sprite] Anastasia "Tiamat", The Dragon Knight & Czar

Started by R999, June 24, 2010, 03:33:21 am

R999

R57, 58, 58.5...

42.5 vs 61 vs 60

R50
R40, 42, 43

Anastasia R38, 35, 33

33 focuses on hair improvement.

30, 31, 32A, 32B

Anastasia "Tiamat" Proto R22, R20A & R20B, R21

Anastasia "Tiamat" Proto R14.5, R14, R18

Tiamat R8 (polish, better whites), R7, Sum_W comparison

Tiamat Proto R7 compared to R4 side by side

Old

Anastasia "Tiamat" Proto R12, R11, R10

Tiamat Proto R3, R4

Tiamat Proto R1, R2

Well this is a very rough prototype (totally unuseable) but I wanted to see if something like this would work for Tiamat. Turns out having Dragon Armor and or Helmet always resulted in making her looking fat in some way.

Lijj

Here are two early concepts I did more like a dragon. knight or something though
That bottom one looks too much like Asmo X's dragoon though, just not as cool.
  • Modding version: PSX

R999

Tiamat Proto R7

Lijj made an epic prototype that's likely going to take forever to finish (the arms of the Summoner base would be extremely time consuming), but I thought I'll share anyhow. It's quite nice:

Tiamat Proto L3

Archael

jesus christ
I like all of them, but please stick with this for Tiamat, Dragoner:

not all intelligence type characters need dress looks... some armor is OK too

however, if you ABSOLUTELY MUST have the dress, this one is the best of the 2nd group shown:

and leave this WC3 Warden for another job, I'm sure you can find a use for it

Zozma

i agree with Voldemort for the girl, but the right one's hair looks slightly better
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Archael

yeah forget what I said about the dress tiamat

the chest on this one is alot better ^, but is missing the cool armor around the arms

R999

@Voldemort: Those arms won't work nicely without some major tweaking, which I am hoping to avoid-- as you might already know, we have a lot of sprite work ahead of us. So it is in my best interest to finish her off quickly whenever possible. That was the main reason why I didn't kept going with those arms... but I could try something else though.

Both R4 and R7 are better candidates than the rest. If and when I have more time I will add Dragon patterns on her dress.

I should have a new prototype ready soon. I'll see what else can I come up with...  Lijj you may take over the sprite (if you want to). Either way, she'll be easy enough to finish off.

R999

R8 - better colorization of R7.

Anastasia "Tiamat" Proto R12, R11, R10

Anastasia "Tiamat" Proto R14.5, 14, 18

Archael

18 is looking rather unique

I'm between this

and this

Kagebunji

I like most the two Arch posted as well. But the green one's white part is too bright, red one's is great though, small mix?

R999

Ok, check first thread for R20A,R20B, and R22.  There's no more prototypes after this.

Anastasia maybe changed into a Dragon Knight instead -- but either way she will be wielding a legendary spear weapon. I can already picture her enemy ENTD team consisting of 2 traditional Dragoons (with Jump as secondary) along with Czar (her Hydra Pet).

Indeed, R18 looks very cute. That concept however maybe best reserved for a younger lady, like Cleric Ovelia of Agrias' team.

Zozma

i think if ur going for dragon knight, you should stick to the upper body of R22 and use that dancer lower half.

to be honest i like  that the most myself as the summoner capes and reis dress are easy to overuse. plus it would make much better use of the dark knight arms than what they originally came from... thos arms look good in that dark green

R999

Well I lied about the part where I said there won't be anymore prototypes for our dragongirl.

33 Has much improved hair; not only is it in the proper FFT isometric angle, it has has much improved overall definition all around.

Oh, for those who don't know, this was my reference for the hair:

Update: See main post for R35, a rather unique design.

Zozma

it looks nice, but are you sure it wont be a time consuming project with a dress like that?

R999

Which one Zozma? Although all of them are relatively easy edits.  The difficult part is the animation for the back view walking. But as you can see, I have given myself plenty of space for that task (the scale armor patterns, each piece is relatively large. So it would take considerably more time to do than say, Marilith and others, but still not difficult.  I say completion in 2 days.

Zozma

nice, well i think the white trim helps this new one a lot

R999

Update 40, 41, 42.

Final round between 42.5 vs 61 vs 60, please look closely. It's a choice between arms.

[s:rpin9bxw][/s:rpin9bxw]

Turns out I wasn't very happy with 42.5... The arms do seem a bit too large for this outfit.

Kagebunji

winshmo2

Yeah middle one looks the best for me.
60s pose looks like she's flexing

Zozma