• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 03:21:26 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Help with Humans executing Monster skills

Started by DuMa_GaMeR, December 05, 2014, 03:09:47 pm

DuMa_GaMeR

Hello!

Well, before anything, i would like to thank and at the same time apologize Elric for the yesterday's inconvenience! He knows what i mean... I'm new here, and i was so reckless that i did't seach properly for what i was looking for. But now... Houston, we got a problem!

I did some researching here, and all i found was the blue mage thing on the new ideas seaction!

I'm making a serious patch with some new classes and stuff, and one of the things i want to incorporate is a Beastmaster job on the Lancer's place. The concept would be a guy who learns skills from the monsters just by being hit by them(pretty much a blue mage), but as a more physical class, like a barbarian kind of thing.

The thing is, I changed the lancer's sprite, gave him the desired monster skills(lots of them), purchased all of them in-game(for testing purposes), Configured the job delicacies( status, equips, battle menu etc) But failed miserably on being unable to use a single skill with him! all i ever get when a try to use his skills, is an attack kind of thing using the range of the spear/pole, and with 0%chance for hitting (all spells). I even tried to mess a little with the animation tab, but so far with no positive results!

What i want to know is, What i'm trying to do... Is it possible? If is, where exactly is my mistake?

Thanks, and sorry for any bad english coming from me xD
I may get it from the first time.
Or maybe not.

But Eventually, i'll surpass everyone's expectations...

Xifanie

You need to go in the Action Menu tab of FFTPatcher and set Jump to <default>.
If that's not enough, which I'm pretty sure it isn't, you'll need the Generic Skillset Fix hack as well.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

DuMa_GaMeR

I learned the hard way about the action menu, and changed it from the very beggining.
Just to add more information, this is not my firt custom job, i've already changed all archer skills, and created the custom paladin job over mediator's, with some new skills. all of them with the animations and skills working perfectly.
What pisses me off, is that in this case, none of the skills will work, even with me redoing the steps i did for my other custom jobs! Anyways,  i'm new in the thing, how do i exactly use this hack, and how would it soulve my problem?
Or maybe not.

3lric

Because Jump is hardcoded... unlike the others you edited.

The generic skill set hack fixes this. Its in Ravens Workbooks

DuMa_GaMeR

December 05, 2014, 05:25:53 pm #4 Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 05:35:08 pm by DuMa_GaMeR
Yeah, thanks i've read a lot o things about, but i'm still clueless...
Could you post something like a step-by-step of where to look for things and how to proceed? I'm getting lost all the time with so many threads and still don't know how to use the workbooks( understand them and use them with fftpatcher ).

Sorry for being so clueless, i just didn't get it yet :S

EDIT: I'm now like 14 tabs on my chrome, reading lots of information but absorbing something close to nothing :S

EDIT 2: I've just figured something... if i simply change the lancer skillset on the jobs tab for some unused one and THEN edit it, would it make a difference?
Or maybe not.

Pride

To your edit 2, no it wouldn't because all generic skillsets are hardcoded. You need to use Xifanie's Generic Skillset fix in order to do what you want.
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

DuMa_GaMeR

December 05, 2014, 07:26:26 pm #6 Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 09:08:54 pm by DuMa_GaMeR
Yes, i tested and it really didn't work. All other unused skillsets have a limit of 3 skills. So, they could be used if the scenario was right, which unfortunatelly wasn't.

My question is how to use this hack? i've even downloaded the excel files from Xifanie's and Raven's, i just don't know how to use them, or with what...
Could you direct me guys?

EDIT: Please, i'm completely lost... How am i supposed to generete ASM hacks for orgASM from these excel files? I think i have everything i need, just dont know how to use them! the more i read about, the less i understand!

Or maybe not.

DuMa_GaMeR

Ok guys, great news!

Its a good thing nobody answered for a while, because it made me pay more atention to things!

The Skillset fix hack worked perfectly fine (Thanks Xifanie!), and finally my beastmaster is working!

Thanks a lot, Sorry for any incovenience, congratulations for your amazing work here and till next time!

Duma Signing out!
Or maybe not.

3lric

Quote from: DuMa_GaMeR on December 05, 2014, 07:26:26 pm
EDIT: Please, i'm completely lost... How am i supposed to generete ASM hacks for orgASM from these excel files? I think i have everything i need, just dont know how to use them! the more i read about, the less i understand!

Quote from: DuMa_GaMeR on December 06, 2014, 12:28:13 am
Its a good thing nobody answered for a while, because it made me pay more atention to things!

First off, please edit your post if it's within the same 24 hours and no one else has posted.

Second, I think you are getting the impression that this is a lot bigger of a community than it is.
There isn't very many of us that are active daily and of those who are only 25% of those people can even
answer the questions you are asking.

In general you are always gonna have to wait between a few hours and a few days to get an answer for something.
Also, asking on the site vs. IRC will always yield much slower answers.

Glad you got it worked out finally. Next time maybe try to get on IRC and ask there.

DuMa_GaMeR

Sorry if i bothered.
I guess, bad impressions stay after all, eh?  :cry:

Thank you, and sorry again. I didn't mean no incovenience.
Or maybe not.

3lric

December 06, 2014, 01:37:50 pm #10 Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 02:27:39 pm by Elric
Not at all. I'm just a rather abrasive person. :P

Just trying to make sure you get better results next time, and explaining why questions on the forum take a while to get answered