• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 06:52:40 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

FFTEVGRP and ShiShiSpriteEditor problem

Started by Neonseraphim, November 08, 2014, 09:57:25 pm

Neonseraphim

Hello Boyz and Girlz!

ok so there are some extra sprite characters in the game ShiShi does not have available and will make a BIG deal if they were available.  the sprites found in FFTEVGRP by ID: 09,08,0B  this are for male clerics and celebrant I believe.  They are free sprites for the taking but since they are not in ShiShi cant edit their battle screen.  any ideas what I can use instead to change their sprites? also where can I edit the chat text for the rescue Boco fight as well as the Rafa and Marak story chat? if anyone knows where that is located that will be great.  Much appreciate your help, my patch is coming out nicely.

3lric

No, there is no problem... Those sprites don't exist.

Some have formation sprites and portraits, but no they do not have sprites. These EVGRP entries are NOT tied to anything.
However, you can use the UWEntries spreadsheet to edit which EVGRP slots are linked to which sprites.

It doesn't have anything to do with Shishi not displaying them. You can access all the actual sprites in SPR form in the iso via CDMage/CDProg.

If you want access to those events, download EasyVent Super Perfect, and don't forget to check the Wiki for the newest config.ini
and event commands.
  • Modding version: PSX