• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:37:55 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

FFT Patcher

Started by Elite, October 20, 2014, 07:53:56 am

Elite

I am completely new to this site (making my account) but have been a lurker for some time. Also sorry if this question is something completely easy i should have realized but I am having a simple problem.

Is there any way to change the names of jobs in the patcher? I was able to change the in-game text and stats correctly to be what I wanted for the classes that I wanted but is there a way to change how it shows up on the patcher. I searched it up but couldn't find it. Also it is just for clarification purposes, it will get hard when creating my own hack seeing a list of like 20 or so different classes that aren't in the game and just trying to remember and match up which ones are what.

Also another question in case we change some stats or do not like how things turn out, is there a way at all that we can just reset it to what it was without having to find all of the values all over again.

3lric

Almost all (if not all) of the text that displays in FFTP can be edited by opening the resources.zip and editing the files contained in it.
  • Modding version: PSX

Elite

How do I move that back though to the patcher. I was already able to go in and edit it with notepad I just don't know what to do from there.

3lric

All you do is hit save in the text file. It will ask you to update the zip file. Choose yes.
Also, don't take the file out of the zip to edit it, edit it directly from the zip file so when you save it'll update the resources.zip

(Make sure patcher is closed when you are doing this)

You dont move anything BACK to patcher. Those files in that zip are what the patcher reads as the name.
So if you don't see your changes reflected when you reopen the Patcher, then you didn't edit the right document.

Elite

I set .xml to openly default with notepad and was able to edit it from within the rescources.zip. When I go back and check it does show as what I changed it into in the document and it does ask to save changes to it and I click yes, while the patcher is closed like you said. However, when I actually go back to the patcher it still shows the classes and not what I changed it to. Is it maybe because this is a base class and I can't edit it or something.

3lric

You can edit all of them, the issue would be either you are editing the wrong version of the game (FFTP has PSX and PSP)
or there is another file with what you are looking for. Many of them have the same things in them.

Also make sure the resources.zip is in the same folder as FFTP. Since that Resources.zip is what FFTP reads from, there is literally
no way for it to display the original text if you correct replace it since that original text doesn't exist anymore in the resources.

Elite

Thank you my mistake it was super simple. It was not in the same folder as the patcher.