• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 07:49:39 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

[Old] Red mage & Onion knight

Started by Dome, December 05, 2011, 07:21:40 am

Dome

December 05, 2011, 07:21:40 am Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 01:16:38 pm by Dome
Many complained about them, saying that they are a bit under underwhelming

Here are my ideas to make them better
Onion Knight
- Improve the multipliers a bit
- Give them the squire skillset (In this way, they become an uber-squire)

Red mage
- Add the tier 2 black mage spells to his skillset

Like/dislike those ideas? Have any better one? Post here :-)

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Joseph Strife

Not only tier 2 black mage skills, but cure 2 also, and maybe arise(raise 2).
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

Dome

Quote from: Joseph Strife on December 05, 2011, 11:47:53 am
Not only tier 2 black mage skills, but cure 2 also, and maybe arise(raise 2).

I fear arise would be OP, sadly

Lucifer_zero

For OK, give then some multipliers to compensate the fact that they have only one skillset, instead of turning they into uber squire,

HP 140
MP 120
PA 172 ( females have less PA )
MA 137

That way they end with 20 pure PA and MA on lvl 99

and for speed

102, that way you ARE forced to chose between they being god Tanks or have some more speed

Hm... maybe 172 and 137 be too OP for PA and MA... maybe something like 124 for MA ( lvl 99 = 18 ) and 155 for PA ( lvl 99 = 18 )... i dunno... but sacrifing one skill stet is rally a huge drawback, even with raving acess to all equips..., on the end is your call dome, but two thing that i think that the OK could have

1- good HP and MP multipliers, or you end with someone that can use every equip, but tend to use some ones because needs more MP/ HP to fill one spot ( note that the issue with Speed is something that NEED to exist, or OK can easyly became to much OP )

2- MA and PA multipliers differents to compensate the natural difference between they ( in other word, they will have almost ever the same values )
My english sucks... and i know this.

Currently playing:
- FFT +, by Dome
- CCP, by Celdia

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Haven't played FFT+, so I don't know if you already do this, but Onion Knights should be like Freelancers in FF5.  They should get bonuses from the classes you master.

Lijj

• Modding version: PSX

Wizu

Yes, OK could use better multipliers thats true, definetly something that'll even up their PA and MA in the endgame and more hp so they can take more than one Hydra blast to the face. And thats it! You see - use all equipments + good stats = they can do one thing VERY well. Even if they lack in speed, they'd always be better black mages than black mages or better lancers than lancers etc without having the choise of being able to do multiple things instead of one! Thats the kind of character that would easily get into my endgame party.

Red mages are trickier, but I think changing their tier 1 elemental spells to tier 2 elemental spells instead (Lets face it, you dont use tier ones after you get tier twos ever again anyhow on black mages) and giving 2 new spells would be enough - you see in the earlygame mainclass as red mage is good, but in the end game I find myself using Rad as "whatever I need to get the job done and then give him red magic secondary for haste and pray faith"

So these two spells I'm proposing is renamed Condemn and and Performers buffsong; single target, three range and a bit of vertical range where you randomly apply one buff with the other spell and one debuff with the other. That'd make his skillset perfect as a secondary skill - would always have something to do despite the situation. Plus, it would combo awesomely with precision plus thief as mainjob!

Or if not that the other thing I'm proposing is to make his slow and haste hit the whole battlefield (enemies and allies respectively) which would give him a niche that NOBODY has. Actually, I think I'm gonna stick with suggestion 2. Make Rads Slow and Haste hit the whole battlefield. Yeah, that'll buff him nicely. ^.^

Ps; you could even call them "Slowaga" and "Hastega" for awesomeness. ^.^

Wizu

... while were on the subject, Reis is... how would I say it... Dragoner is rather weaksauce of a class! It has so much potential, but the multipliers on her spells make them do diddly squat for damage.

So if you could either give Reis breath attacks like 5 point multiplier increase (I assume theyre now 10*MA) to 15*MA or give her ability to equip swords so I can dualwield Rune Swords to boost up the damage (Without taking the support away from Magic Attack Up)? Either would be fine and not make her a total wimp whos only gimmick is to run around with her Hyudra and babysit it all day long. =P

Mind you, shes pretty badass at keeping a Hyudra in the game killing simply everything. But I'd prefer her to earn her keep or I'll just end up using someone else with Monster skill and an -useful- skillset. ^.^

Wizu

... and knives damage formula could really be (SP+2)*WP or nobody will never use them again for anything else than magic boost via mythril knives. >.>

I think I'm finally done ranting and whining. Keep up the good work, Dome! :D

Dome

Thanks for the suggestions/support, guys :)
I'll start working on them right now, and I'll tell you what I've decided once I'm finished

Dome

Ok, so far both jobs' multipliers got buffed, Red mage gained tier 2 of elemental spells (And cure) and Onion knight gained squire skillset

Eternal

While on the topic of changing jobs, can something be done about Sage? They feel so meh right now. :(
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Dome

Quote from: Eternal248 on December 08, 2011, 01:35:54 pm
While on the topic of changing jobs, can something be done about Sage? They feel so meh right now. :(

Why?

Eternal

Well, Sages are supposed to be masters of many magicks, right? I'd like to see some more defensive magicks on them, like maybe Cure4/Protect2/Shell2?
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

Dome

Quote from: Eternal248 on December 08, 2011, 01:48:59 pm
Well, Sages are supposed to be masters of many magicks, right? I'd like to see some more defensive magicks on them, like maybe Cure4/Protect2/Shell2?

Want them to have the high-tier spells? (Fire/Ice/Bolt/Cure 4 Raise 2?)

Eternal

Not so much the offensive ones, because they already have offensive magic aplenty. Cure4/Raise2 would be interesting though, IMO. What do you think?

Dome

Quote from: Eternal248 on December 08, 2011, 02:29:19 pm
Not so much the offensive ones, because they already have offensive magic aplenty. Cure4/Raise2 would be interesting though, IMO. What do you think?

Why not?
They are supposed to be top-tier mages, after all