• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:40:05 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

[Old] FFT: Plus Changelog (Not complete/updated, The Master guide will)

Started by Dome, August 04, 2011, 07:06:04 pm

H0RNEt

FFT Lover from Thailand

Stretch

I checked the patch in the FTT Patcher tool, it looks like all the stat growths are the same for each class, only the multipliers are changed. Maybe there's still HP/MP specialization on level ups, I don't know.

Job Requirements:
Yeah, right

Dome

Thanks Stretch
Yeah, you can level up in whatever class you want without worrying about stats :-)

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

tapif

Hello,

i downloaded a FF hacktick version 8 months ago, and I would like to know the difference between this version and the "old" one.
I may have undestood that grinding was quite impossible with the old version, so, can can we do it now, as mentioned in the previous post? (i don't want to start a game, and then be blocked because i just spent some time doing random battle). But do the level of the story battle ennemies go up with your lvl?

Thank you for the answers.

Eternal

With FFT+, you can gain levels and not have to worry too much. Enemy levels will scale with you, but their gear won't, meaning you won't be outclassed.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Dome

Quote from: tapif on August 15, 2011, 06:22:11 pm
Hello,

i downloaded a FF hacktick version 8 months ago, and I would like to know the difference between this version and the "old" one.
I may have undestood that grinding was quite impossible with the old version, so, can can we do it now, as mentioned in the previous post? (i don't want to start a game, and then be blocked because i just spent some time doing random battle). But do the level of the story battle ennemies go up with your lvl?

Thank you for the answers.

General rule of thumb when you play a patch: Always use the newest version :-)

Anyway:
From the 8 months old version and this one, there are crapload of changes...making a full changelog would take OVER 9000 years...but you can see something in the first post of this topic

About the whole level grinding matter, well...
Oh wait, Et ninja'd me xD

P.s: Feel free to post if you have some more doubt :-)

tapif

Well, i wasn't asking fot the whole changes, just a quick (few lines?) difference between FFT 1.3 and FFT+. My main wonder is : are the fights made for really really insanely strong people, or can i enjoy the game if I finished a few time the original, without having to bother about the PERFECT move at each turn (I don't expect to win all the battle from the first try, but i don't want something way too hard, if you see what i mean)

I gave up the 1.3 version when i realised that depending of the class chosen for levelling up, your stats could be different, and then, maybe have to make new other caracters in order for them to be optimal, so i might try this new version if i find the time.

Anyway, tahnk you for your (really) quick answers!

Eternal

FFT+ is meant for more casual players, meaning it's rebalanced, but the enemies aren't insanely stronger than you.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Dome

Quote from: tapif on August 15, 2011, 06:36:59 pm
Well, i wasn't asking fot the whole changes, just a quick (few lines?) difference between FFT 1.3 and FFT+

This is the first post of this topic
"This is not a complete changelog (FFT: Plus has more than 600.000 small or big changes from the base version of the game, so I will surely miss something >_>)

Take 1.3 (FFT:+ is based on 1.3 after all) and apply those changes

Quick patch overview
- FFT: Plus Aims to improve FFT gameplay rebalancing jobs/skillsets/items/Monsters and increasing difficult of storyline/random fights (The catch is that FFT: Plus works like a normal RPG: you can grind if you want/need, and you won't be punished if you do)
- Every obtainable class/monster have fixed growths, and you can get move exp-jp up, making easier for the player to grind (Also, many jp costs have been lowered)
- Adds new content (3 new special jobs are available for the player, many abilites have been reworked, a new generic job [Sage] replaces the calculator and bard/dancer jobs have been merged)
- Many ASM have been used (Equip supports, specials can do propositions, lower zodiac compat damage and monsters weakness, etc...

Quick generic skillsets overview
Squire: They gained "Revive" (Moved from the monk job), bull's eye (A weak unevadable attack) and cheer up (A skill that grants regen to an ally). They have innate "Monster skill"
Chemist: Holy water and remedy cover almost every negative status, and they can be acquired from the beginning. Chemist gained gained exp up, move jp/exp up
Knight: Can use Zalbag's skills (Nerfed) instead of their old stat-breaks tecnique, and got a new support skill (Precision, which slightly raises the hit % of skills and spells, but not attacks)
Archer: Archer's skills are now affected by short charge, arrow guard blocks arrows, bullets and thrown items, and they gained "train" (With the removal of invite, this is the only way to recruit monsters)
Monk: Fist damage formula changed (Nerfed), spin and wave fist are now wind elemental, they lost revive and chakra only works on themself...but they can equip hats and robes now
Priest: Like every other magic class, they gained an instant, expensive (Mp wise) skill to be used when the CT is against them (Prayer, heals a fixed % of HP) removed Protect/shell 2
Wizard: Fire magic focuses on damage, Ice magic on area and thunder magic on casting speed. Lost Frog and poison, flare is now an instant, medium damage spell
Time mage: Lost teleport and gained fly, gained an instant spell that inflicts Don't move and slow (50 Mp). Haste/Slow 2 removed, Haste and slow V. increased
Summoner: Slow spells that target ALL THE ENEMIES. Silf turned into a wind elemental summon, moogle and fairy removed
Thief: They have innate concentrate, they can steal mp and Brave (No permanent brave loss is possible...after the battle, the lost Br is recovered) They have move+1 (No move+2 or 3 exists in game for the player)
Mediator: They can no longer invite/manipulate brave/faith, but they can inflict a lot of bad statuses, and can equip rods and robes
Oracle: Gained poison, frog, and condemn (An instant spell that inflicts a random debuff) Drain turned into diminish (Dark elemental, fixed % damage, dark elemental)
Geomancer: Gained ground aware and solidify (Ground aware: Any ground-weather + poison immunity, Solidify: Walk over water/lava + half: Wated and fire)
Lancer: Maximum orizzontal jump is 5 now
Samurai: Many skill nerfed/got an element, they no longer discriminate between allies/enemies, katanas cannot break when a DO skill is used
Ninja: Can only throw balls and shurikens (They will soon gain a new skill in the next release, which will allow them to throw tomahawks)
Sage: New job instead of calculators, they can use previous boss only (Zalera) magic
Performer: Bards and dancers got merged into this; They can use dance and sing skills, but the range has been lowered to 5. They gained Move mp up, MA save (Male version) and MP switch, PA save (Female version)
Mime: Gained Def/M.Def up, mp switch and concentrate as innates

Specials (Every special has some different R/S/M in his base job)
Ramza: Improves his stats/skills when he changes class (Cadet->Mercenary->Heretic) and also gains new abilities (NO SWORDSKILLS FOR HIM)
Agrias: The only one able to use all the 5 holy sword skills (Sword skills are now nerfed, evadable and cost mp)
Mustadio: Can now equip bows and crossbows, and he can use the old knight stat breaks skills
Malak: Malak skills can hit up to 10 times, has stats and equipment options similar to a ninja
Rafa: His skill can hit up to 6 times, huge damage
Meliadoul: Gained crush punch to target monsters
Orlandu: Jack of all trades, master of none swordskiller (Gets some swordskill from each Special knight)
Beowulf: His skills have a range of 3, lost chicken and berserk
Reis: Can now equip more stuff, stats lowered
Cloud: His skill can now target enemies (And not only tiles) he no longer joins at level 1

Monsters
- Every monster of the same family has the same stats (The only thing that changes are the skills: every monster tier has 1 unique skill)
- Monsters have better stats and some status immunity, and each family has a reaction (Not counter >_>)
- Boco is now a special chocobo: Can't use the Chocobo MS but can use each Chocobo ability and a special one)
- Byblos and worker 8 are now faster and stronger than before

Some Item/equipment changes
- Knives can be equipped by everyone, and use Sp*Wp formula
- Guns reworked (As range decreases, power increases)
- Most items lost + speed / Movement increase (You can no longer speed stack)
- Thunder shield/Flame sword added
- Axes have been removed from the game

Random/miscellaneous changes
- humans will never turn into boxes, and monsters will never crystalize.
- You cannot steal from randoms
- Equipment in story battles is always fixed
- Enemies will no longer have -empty- skillsets
- Even if they have -random- R/S/M skills, they will never lack one
- A lot of numbers have been changed to make the game more balanced, but such changes are not listed here (They will be listed in the master guide, which will be written after the full release)
- Specials can do propositions
- Every spot on the map will only feature some monster family (3)
- Enemies will always level with you
- DD will be HARD AS HELL, and the subquests will be hard
- Every human has innate move-find item
- Move-find items no longer care about your brave (You will always find the same ite)
- Special battles that can be triggered in ch4 will earn you an elixir
- Move find items in Nelveska have been moved to the DD

Still have some question? Feel free to ask here!"

Don't worry, FFT: Plus is meant...
ETERNAL! xD

tapif

Sorry i skipped one line, I thought that the changelogs were about the differences between FFT (original version and not 1.3) and FFT +.

Thanks for the answers again ^^

Dome

Do not worry, and feel free to ask whatever you want :-)

BakaNiiNii

remove exp up for chemist, it is useless and make the game harder

Stretch

So just don't use it?

It's useful for making the game harder, lets underleveled catch up to the rest of the party, and shortens the grind to level 99 for those people who want to do that.
Yeah, right

Dome

Quote from: BakaNiiNii on August 17, 2011, 12:09:55 am
remove exp up for chemist, it is useless and make the game harder

I beg to differ

It doesn't make the game harder, as is a completely optional ability
- Enemies level up with you, but the gear they wield doesn't improve with it
- Also, as Stretch already said, it allows underleveled characters an easy catch up and makes grinding easy

Alidar

Humans in my random encounters are starting to get better gear in CH1 with my characters around 19-22.  I just beat the Dorter Trade City story battle. Some even have aegis shields. Is this intended for this early in the game?

Dome

Quote from: Alidar on August 24, 2011, 02:25:33 am
Humans in my random encounters are starting to get better gear in CH1 with my characters around 19-22.  I just beat the Dorter Trade City story battle. Some even have aegis shields. Is this intended for this early in the game?

Not at all
Can you tell me where it is happening?

Alidar

Its happening at random encounter that appeared at Sweegy Woods. Before it was just a mediator and a (what ever mind flayers are called in this game). Now its a wizard, monk, and 2 archers.

Joseph Strife

Oh, i think there's nothing wrong with it, that's a pre set random encounter and you know, ONLY story battle follow the levels of your equips, random encounters just go beyond, but they all come with maintanence, so you can't steal or get their treasure boxes.
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

Dome

If I give enemies set equipment, the battle will become joke easy later in the game
If I give them with random equipment, they might get better equipment than you
Guess I'll make them equip shittier equipment altering the minimum level required

Luc

foolin around with monk i think your fist damage nerf was a bit too much, it does less damage than even knives... which considering your a monk fists should be doing more, but definatly not as much as say swords