• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Sprites FFTEVGRP

Started by Pedro Henrike, December 12, 2018, 08:49:19 pm

Pedro Henrike

Hello .. Good night! I would like to know if there is any program that allows us to recruit characters like Delita (Chapter 2) or add new Sprites in characters to recruit in the middle of the story. I'm new to these things and would like some help, if anyone can at least help me with this, thank you. Print Link of an example I want (I can not post print here): https://prnt.sc/lu9ilw
  • Modding version: PSX

Nyzer

Not easily.

As I told you before:

QuoteYou'd have to replace an unused Formation sprite, THEN switch the spritesheet it's normally tied to with the spritesheet of the unit you're replacing it with, THEN go through all the ENTDs and set them to all the changed sprites correctly. It won't be a quick process.

It can go faster on PSX by just changing which spritesheets each Formation sprite links to. But you can't do that for PSP.

You can replace their formation sprites in Shishi.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Pedro Henrike

Quote from: Nyzer on December 13, 2018, 09:09:29 pm
Not easily.

As I told you before:

You can replace their formation sprites in Shishi.

I think I understand, thank you To conclude ... could you get me a question? Whenever I modify the PSX game it gets a bit slower. Is there a way to avoid this slowness or is it because of the modifications? Thank you.

And before I forget, is there any way I can get this unused sprite (Ninja, for example) and put it so we can not release the class? since I will replace it with another character.

Nyzer

There's no easy way to dummy out a generic job to implement a new unique character, no. And the game shouldn't be slowing down from Patcher/Shishi modding unless you're doing something very wrong.

Pedro Henrike

I understand ... I would very much like to put characters like Delita (Ch2) and Wiegraf to join the team, but they get bugged sprite, so it does not pay. To increase Slots from 16 to 20, can you help me or should I create a new topic?

Nyzer

You can't do that without bugs right now.

Pedro Henrike

Ah, then I get upset. I needed those 4 extra slots so much ... I'll have to dispense with Worker and Byblos to leave the other characters I enlisted on the way.

xjamxx

Quote from: Nyzer on December 14, 2018, 09:52:05 am
You can't do that without bugs right now.

if you are referring to roster extension to 20, then you haven't test my last PRE.xml, cuz i played till chapter 3 without any 'bug' (units can be stored, deployed, moved, controlled like any unit from 1 to 16 slot), but at the end it falls to what u understand for bug....
<Random> This seems to be a PSX issue.
<Elric> A psx issue? That makes no sense. Sounds more like an issue with your OS.

Nyzer

What do you mean?

Last I checked, the hack required the player to swap the units into slots 1-16 to use them, or it could cause issues with Guest deployment or propositions or something. (Very nonspecific, I know, sorry, it's been a while.)

If those issues have been squashed... what bugs remain? It sounds like some do from the way you describe it.