• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

♈ ♉ ♊ ♋ FFT Arena♌ ♍ ♎ ♏ AI Tournament Season 4 ♐ ♑ ♒ ♓

Started by Barren, June 11, 2015, 08:36:46 am

reinoe

Is Lich non-elemental?  I always thought it was considered Dark Element but it's listed with no element in the guide.
My dreams can come true!

Barren

It kind of works like Demi in a sense that it can do high damage but low accuracy
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Shintroy

I always thought it was dark elemental too so I've never considered it viable since there was Odin which has a chance of doing 100% damage. I haven't looked into it, but after overlooking things like Hawk's Eye being unevadable, Ultima not needing faith, I'm just going to trust the Master Guide and say it's non-elemental.

Squire with Summon Magic is pretty fun with 15 MA and a Black Robe. Didn't know Shiva, Ifrit and Ramuh were unevadable. You could do some mean damage with them. Seeing Zotis's team makes me want to try out my first caster team. I forgot Sinkhole was a thing after using Throw Stone for so long.

Does anyone know if stopping a sleep unit extends the duration of sleep?
Some day my people will be free.

Barren

Shintroy

Of course it does. I'm asking if stop does more than just stop CT. Does it also stop turn count status effects have? Like if two units got affected by poison, but one got stopped, would the poison fade at the same time or not?

Barren

When you put it that way I'm honestly stumped. I've never seen anyone stack stop with poison/sleep. I've seen stop paired up with don't act and don't act freezes while stop is inflicted and then don't act resumes when stop wore off. So to attempt to answer your question I would think that poison would just freeze like don't act because of the amount of turns it takes to weaken someone with poison if under stop.

Its curious to think about so if anyone happens to find this out please post

Elmdork

master guide says petrify, stop and sleep stop ct, but I know I've seen things like charm wear off a sleeping unit. Perhaps the effects have been modified since it was updated, but I'm pretty sure if it has a tick counter, it wears off, so don't act and sleep won't change anything.. but I wonder what happens to the sleep status when someone gets petrified...gonna look in my vid archives for my SCC oracle team, see if they can answer my question (I may or may not have been laughing too hard to notice). edit pending.

Oh and shintroy, you wanna see a cool hybrid samurai (Cuz you are aware of my unhealthy obsession) check out the latest game I had with WkW a day ago in the discussion thread. Elmdor uses a muramasa, like a baws.

Actually, you fought them and kicked their ass with fire cape just before the tourney.. I had nearly forgotten XD

Ya, use the male samurai with caution (i'm not sure if I mean the ability or the philosophy... 2sword with power wrist?)
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

CT5Holy

Stop will prevent the affected unit from gaining CT (and prevent reaction abilities, and reduce evade to 0). It does not 'freeze' the CT count of other statuses, those tick along just like Stop. Think about Galaxy Stop from vanilla - Stop, DM, and DA are all applied at the same time. Stop wears off first cause it has a shorter duration, then DM and DA wear off not too long after.

The one thing Stop will 'freeze' is Charging - if you're casting a spell and get Stopped midcharge, the spell will continue to count down once Stop wears off on that unit.
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

Zotis

Barren

Because sleeps takes longer to wear off and the quickest way to remove is pretty much an instant esuna or stigma magic. Maybe sleep just was made to last longer I suppose

Heroebal

I think maybe sleep is made to last longer because it's easier to undo. As all it takes is a throw stone or small whack from a weak attacking unit while the other status effects require something more specific. Charm also only takes a throw stone but that has a unit actively going against it's on team mates, but then again I don't think there is any multi-target charm abilities.

silentkaster

Interestingly enough, the AI will not use Throw Stone (or for that matter, sinkhole) to wake up/uncharm an ally. I think these moves the AI uses exclusively to stop a charging opponent, even when the ability could kill off the opponent. In all the Arena matches I've seen, I believe only once (in 1.38, actually) did I see a squire (who was equipped with a healing staff, and the only offensive ability she had was steal accessory and throw stone and all accessories were already stolen), throw a stone at a non charging opponent (if anyone has additional instances, let me know). However, I've seen several instances where a sinkhole or throw stone could kill the unit and the AI chose not to (even though their highest priority is almost always kill an enemy unit.)

You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Zotis

I think you missunderstood me Barren.  Sleep definitely lasts long, but stop doesn't prevent it from wearing off.

Kurosabes

Disclaimer: Not entirely accurate

Legend
+  Win
-  Loss

[1]
++ Andante49 (4W-0L)
++ CT5Holy (4W-0L)
[3]
++ Reks (4W-1L)
++ Mudvayne (4W-1L)
++ RedWorld (4W-1L)
[6]
++ Shintroy (4W-2L)
[7]
+- Zotis (3W-2L)
-+ Heroebal (3W-2L)
[9]
+- fattyzilla (2W-2L)
+- TrueLight (2W-2L)
+- Corosar (2W-2L)
-+ Barren (2W-2L)
[13]
+ Vigilanti (2W-0L)
[14]
+- Malroth (2W-3L)
-+ Lakitu673 (2W-3L)
+ dw6561 (2W-1L)
[17]
+- Rouroni Elmdor (3W-3L)
[18]
-+ VireBlaze (2W-3L)
[19]
- silentkaster (1W-2L)
- Jumza (1W-2L)
- Dol (1W-2L)
- reinoe (1W-2L)
[23]
- StarRacer (0W-2L)
- skiploom188 (0W-2L)
[25]
-- Fanatic (1W-4L)
-- White Knight Wiegraf (1W-4L)
-- Anima Zero (1W-4L)
[28]
-- Epic (0W-4L)
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Kurosabes#0312

Shintroy

Stalling Mime vs OHKO

R1 First Half - Stuck on the chokepoint with a petrified monk. Felt like I was behind for ten minutes at the very least. There was almost no talk skills landing to top it all off.
R1 2nd Half - The mime gets separated from the team with a dead monk. Things don't actually turn around until the mimic steal accessory. Pretty hilarious to see the Chemist and the Samurai duke it out. Kiyomori, heal, kiyomori, masamune, kiyomori, 70 damage dagger attack, auto potion... I'm glad it's over. I hope winning the first round doesn't mean I lose the next two.

R2 - 100% Petrify? Terrible start again. Almost turned it around with a double charm on the oracle and samurai. Another ten something minutes of me being down. If it weren't for that leather mantle this would've been over a lot sooner.

GG. When I saw a 38 minute match I thought this would be three rounds. Thank you mime gods.

Talk about letting one go. GG.

Kurosabes

Very close call for Jumza. What if Jumza had not blocked that attack? Game Over screen?
  • Discord username: Kurosabes#0312

Jumza

Quote from: White Knight Wiegraf on June 27, 2015, 07:06:24 am

Very close call for Jumza. What if Jumza had not blocked that attack? Game Over screen?

Good question. No idea, though.

Holy Crap that was intense! GG Malroth. Round two was so close, if it weren't for that Oil from the Chemist's Bad Luck I probably would have lost since she wouldn't have had to spend so much time healing herself instead of killing the chemist with Bio. After the Priest got stopped in round 3 I thought it was over again, but my guys really pulled through for me :) GG, again.

EDIT: Also, 13 minute match? I thought I was done for just from that. I'm surprised we fit 3 rounds in there. Thanks for the match Mudvayne!
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.