• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 05:58:47 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

♈ ♉ ♊ ♋ FFT Arena♌ ♍ ♎ ♏ AI Tournament Season 4 ♐ ♑ ♒ ♓

Started by Barren, June 11, 2015, 08:36:46 am

Mudvayne

Sorry I've been slacking slightly with the vids. Expect the next couple videos on wednesday, ill be off work early and have time to upload some matches. :oops:

Shintroy

Balance vs Harder hitting balance.
Reks on small and medium maps. Redworld R1 due to range.

R1 - Turns out both teams have the same strategy. A unit to AoE followed by two units to finish things off (comet/Jump and ton/geomancy. RedWorld surprised RedWorld took it without charm landing. Pretty scary stuff.

R2 - Equal start from both sides with Redworld coming out on top. Reks recovers quickly due to Raise 2 though. Chiri combined with the first salamander takes RedWorld out. If RedWorld had Regen somehow this would've been a 2-0.

R3 - Reks's Chirijiraden Geomancer went unchecked the entire round. No chance at recovering from Chiri with Raise and Wish especially with mostly 3 move units

GG.

Even at the beginning, but quickly turned one sided. The archer being unable to do anything outside of break and arm aim probably made this a good match up for Andante. Higher

Here come the nerves.
Some day my people will be free.

dw6561

Wow, that was a slaughter. I knew I shouldn't have discarded esuna on my preist like that. Oh well, there's still the loser's bracket. GG.

On a side note, I probably should have optimized my faith values so that raise doesn't miss every single battle...that's frustrating. Probably should have made the priest good compat with the monk and ninja as well.
  • Modding version: PSX
This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.

Reks

I always get a bit nervous with each match coming on, but far more confident each time I win. GG, Redworld! You really COULD have taken that second round from me.

Also, thank you for the music, Barren. I've found that Cave Story's OST works well for Arena.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Barren

Hey all for those who may have noticed me having issues the music being louder the my voice when I do the matches I have just ordered a new usb microphone for my recordings. I have came to the conclusion that while my old microphone still works it doesn't pick on my voice as well due to wear and tear. So it'll be maybe another week before I continue with the tournament
You dare cross blades with me?

skiploom188

Don't worry, we can wait :)

While others wait for their matches... Today's featured match - Match 17!

reinoe VS Shintroy - How it Ended
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wy4VohkPIk

======================================================================
I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542

Corosar

Quote from: Barren on June 24, 2015, 06:23:00 am
Hey all for those who may have noticed me having issues the music being louder the my voice when I do the matches I have just ordered a new usb microphone for my recordings. I have came to the conclusion that while my old microphone still works it doesn't pick on my voice as well due to wear and tear. So it'll be maybe another week before I continue with the tournament

ehh don't worry about it barren it give us a bit of time to get excited for the future matches
Time for a new season!

V 1.4.1 W/L: 3 / 7
V 1.4 W/L: 3 / 14.5
V 1.39 W/L: 13.25 / 22

reinoe

Quote from: Barren on June 24, 2015, 06:23:00 am
No worries Barren.  Besides this gives loser's bracket a chance to catch up.
My dreams can come true!

reinoe

Quote from: skiploom188 on June 24, 2015, 06:43:43 am

Loved it!!!  Thanks skip.  These are wonderfully silly.
My dreams can come true!

skiploom188

Thank you! It's my gift to you and Shintroy  :mrgreen:

It can be a gift for everyone too!
I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542

Elmdork

Quote from: skiploom188 on June 24, 2015, 06:43:43 am

Wow you manage to make me howl every time, skip. I'm in awe with how much you can accomplish in such little time... everything is hand drawn with little to no use of premade assets?! Where the hell is your NewGrounds page?! And the audio! Damn, dude.

... and the bag of doom..

Well, you got a new subscriber. Definitely earned that, I wanna see anything you make. Keep up the good work!
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

silentkaster

You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

silentkaster

thought I lost with that missed Raise 2 in R1. Archer was MVP that time. Round 2 was mine only because of the Counter Magic Slow 2...GG Zotis.
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Shintroy

Fast/Status vs Casters

Betting on silentkaster due to the huge speed advantage.

R1 - Really close round. silentkaster's Archer was triple turning that wizard at the end. Probably the only reason silentkaster was able to recover.

R2 - No way Zotis is taking two rounds in three minutes. Counter Magic and Tornado from that Scholar kept silentkaster in this round. If the archer wasn't so fast Zotis definitely could've came back and took two rounds in three minutes.

GG.

Good commentary from Mudvayne. Bothunits do have a poorly executed unit on thier teams. I think Lakitu has the advantage here due to haveing better range and aoe.

R1 - Never seen a team get so badly split up on this map. That paladin is sooo slow too. 8 speed with haste? 7 Speed does work on some units though. Not /punch art paladin though

R2 - Destruction. Too much AoE.

R3 - Slight advantage to Corosar at the beginning. If Corosar had a little more damage she probably would've took this round early. Lucky for Lakitu his units didn't get  split up since it tends to happen to P2 on this map.

GG. I wonder if it's possibleto make a hybrid unit out of Male Samurai. Overwhelm + Two Hands seems like a good set up for something.

------------

Silentkaster vs Lakitu is going to be an automatic win when that happens. GJ either way to Lakitu for making it that far.

"We may screw up in every first round..."
Funniest thing I've seen all day. So true.
Some day my people will be free.

Corosar

Time for a new season!

V 1.4.1 W/L: 3 / 7
V 1.4 W/L: 3 / 14.5
V 1.39 W/L: 13.25 / 22

Zotis

Nicely done silentkaster.  Good luck in the rest of the tournament.

Lakitu673

Aw poor Butters. Nobody seems to like him. I really thought round 3 would end like round 1 with the raise -> ice loop. Good game

skiploom188

Glad you enjoyed it Rouroni! It's really nice to have a fan like you :)
And you subscribed. Yippee!

Hmm, NewGrounds. Why didn't I think of that?

Since it was kind of a pattern for your team to mess up every Round 1, it was worth pointing out lol

The next match I'll be making will include teams who reached Top 8. Only one will be chosen. Which match would it be? Stay tuned!