• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:28:56 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

♈ ♉ ♊ ♋ FFT Arena♌ ♍ ♎ ♏ AI Tournament Season 4 ♐ ♑ ♒ ♓

Started by Barren, June 11, 2015, 08:36:46 am

skiploom188

I feared that Petrify. Should've placed Soft instead. Or Refute on Someone. Great job Corosar, fight on!

It's a bummer for me. The bright side? I can eat right again! Whoo!

Oh wait there's still a loser's bracket. Then... I'll just say, this won't be my last.

I guess team building ain't my thing...
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
======================================================================
I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542
======================================================================

dw6561

Congratulations, Corosar! That was pretty interesting. Skiploom188, you should cheer up a little. I know it's a little disappointing, but if you're truly invested I'm sure you can get better at it.

Round 1: It took a couple turns for the teams to engage each other so those ranged attacks might have helped quite a bit. That petrify on Skiploom188's samurai and the bard dying really set them back, and afterwards they just didn't have the sandbagging to bring themselves back to full power.

Round 2: It was funny to see the Samurai supposedly fly through the wall only to get killed by a fire spell later. Are units actually supposed to be able to go back there?

It seems like Anima Zero's team was being overwhelmed by statuses. The monk dying didn't help things, and although the chemist is evasive and can heal status as well, she could only heal one at a time. At any rate, good job Zotis and best of luck to Anima Zero in the loser's bracket.
  • Modding version: PSX
This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.

Corosar

Quote from: TrueLight on June 16, 2015, 12:10:26 pm
FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 4 Match # 10 - Corosar vs skiploom188

FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 4 Match # 11 - Zotis vs Anima Zero

god i was having a heart attack during the whole thing scared me senseless in round 2 that is for sure... thought i would not recover for some reason... but in my eyes i barely hung on there... sorry skiploom... i hope you have better luck in the losers bracket GG my friend GG
Time for a new season!

V 1.4.1 W/L: 3 / 7
V 1.4 W/L: 3 / 14.5
V 1.39 W/L: 13.25 / 22

Kurosabes

Almost anything composed by Yuki Kajiura.

If you want specifics:
a song of storm and fire
aikoi
catastrophe
swordland
fight!

Just to name a few.
  • Discord username: Kurosabes#0312

Shintroy

Casters vs All Around team
Zotis has the range advantage deifnitely, but Anima Zero has a better looking team abilities/spells aside. I'll go with the Faith Rod Oracle in this match up.

R1 - Completely dominated. Anima's units couldn't get close enough to do any damage. OHKO Flare and Demi 2 from both sides made it impossible for Anima to gain any momentum. Frog and Petrify was thrown in just to keep turn advantage. Really good round for Zotis.

R2 - Great opener for Zotis. Never seen Don't Move cripple a team so badly. Sinkhole, Flare and Petrify combos were so good.

GG. Anima's team got destroyed by White Robe. A bit on the slow side as well. I don't think the Time Mage had Haste or Slow 2.

Balanced Team vs Tanky team.

Outmatched here. There was no way for the paladins to deal damage due to them having item and being forced to support.

GG. Didn't expect to see a Hybrid Male samurai in this tournament.

Good stuff. One match to go until R2. Pretty excited for the next match since it's ice against water.
Some day my people will be free.

Corosar

Quote from: Shintroy on June 16, 2015, 07:10:44 pm
Balanced Team vs Tanky team.

Outmatched here. There was no way for the paladins to deal damage due to them having item and being forced to support.

GG. Didn't expect to see a Hybrid Male samurai in this tournament.

Good stuff. One match to go until R2. Pretty excited for the next match since it's ice against water.

seriously i was not expecting to see so many people preaching about how strange it is to see my samurai and either how much they do or how unlikely it was to see them... i was just kinda trying to make a character work ^~^
Time for a new season!

reinoe

Quote from: TrueLight on June 16, 2015, 12:10:26 pm
FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 4 Match # 10 - Corosar vs skiploom188

FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 4 Match # 11 - Zotis vs Anima Zero

I would like to congratulate corosar on making a unit that used ether on itself.  That paladin used hi-ether at 11:52.  The AI will use Carbune or angel song reliably, but I don't think I've ever seen a unit use any ether on itself.  I've seen units do nothing instead of using ether on itself.
My dreams can come true!

Corosar

Quote from: reinoe on June 16, 2015, 08:01:27 pm
I would like to congratulate corosar on making a unit that used ether on itself.  That paladin used hi-ether at 11:52.  The AI will use Carbune or angel song reliably, but I don't think I've ever seen a unit use any ether on itself.  I've seen units do nothing instead of using ether on itself.

R....r..really? i can't stop him from using it XD i planned him to use it on others more than himself originally... but he just kept using it on himself instead heh!
Time for a new season!

Corosar

Time for a new season!

Mudvayne

2 88% missed raised 2s in r1 made for a long drawn out match without my archer. I swear my ninja is supposed to have move-mp up and not move-hp up... that might have been an honest typo because I know I switched it around. Oh well. I also put heavens cloud on the samurai incase she ran out of mp but I think that was in a later edit that I never sent to Barren. Round 2 went much smoother. GG.

Shintroy

Quote from: TrueLight on June 16, 2015, 08:52:20 pm
FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 4 Match # 12 - VireBlaze vs Mudvayne

Water Absorb vs Ice Absorb
Very similar teams. Mudvayne has status and speed advantage, but Vireblaze has more power and range. This will definitely go to the last game

R1 - Both teams have good mobility so the chokepoint won't affect either teams badly. Never seen two casters trade spells for the exact same amount..... Suddenly weapon break. It's a good thing that Ninja doesn't rely on weapons for anything other than +2 PA. Wow Mudvayne's units have NO MP restoration? and STILL won against three melee units?

R2 - Fire 2, Sleep, GG.

Intense first round. Probably a bad idea to have two squires that have the same role in an absorb team. Makes it hard to comeback when you're down

Can't wait for R2 and Losers R1. Can't wait to see some Bahamut Mimicry.
Some day my people will be free.

Reks

Quote from: Shintroy on June 17, 2015, 12:26:14 am
Water Absorb vs Ice Absorb
Very similar teams. Mudvayne has status and speed advantage, but Vireblaze has more power and range. This will definitely go to the last game

R1 - Both teams have good mobility so the chokepoint won't affect either teams badly. Never seen two casters trade spells for the exact same amount..... Suddenly weapon break. It's a good thing that Ninja doesn't rely on weapons for anything other than +2 PA. Wow Mudvayne's units have NO MP restoration? and STILL won against three melee units?

R2 - Fire 2, Sleep, GG.

Intense first round. Probably a bad idea to have two squires that have the same role in an absorb team. Makes it hard to comeback when you're down

Can't wait for R2 and Losers R1. Can't wait to see some Bahamut Mimicry.

How you came to think the Squires have the same role when one is an Item bot and the other, a Grand Cross spammer with a smidgen of support.

And yes, he won from no MP restoration because VB's weapons were broken and MV's team was simply faster with an Arm Aim-happy Ninja. I personally think that VB could have done far better had his units not separated and had Counter Magic activated more often.

But such is the AI and RNG.

Nevertheless, still a good match and GG to the both of you.
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Mudvayne

The only reason I'm not too mad that I gave the ninja move-hp up instead of move-mp up is simply because he will spam arm aim every time when out of MP, or break their equipment. This can be good because he can normally out-speed slower units and can keep 2 or 3 units disabled entirely by him self assuming they are not immune to dont act. Kagesougi would probably be more helpful since it's damage as well as status, but strictly dont act with no damage is still pretty effective. Allows my other units to do whatever is needed while my ninja runs around dont acting everything in sight. I can't believe I forgot MP restoration entirely though on the team, throughout all my testing I've never had them run out of MP, ever. Absorb MP normally goes off often enough to keep them supplied with MP and all the matches I run this team against are usually over in <5 minutes. My team wants to win and it wants to win quickly. A stall/late game oriented team will probably be a huge problem for me.

When I get home I'm going to start uploading some of the losers bracket matches. I have two edited and recorded but with no music. I'm gonna upload those two as-is because I have some time today to record more matches and those will have music in them. You guys are just gonna have to bare with me on the first two matches not having music since I'm too lazy and still haven't actually downloaded any tracks yet :oops:

Jumza

Thanks for the matches guys :)

Mudvayne, any music should be fine. Video Game music especially. No worries if a few matches are without it.

Also, I just realized that my next match will be against Malroth or CT5. I am so out of this tournament when that happens :P
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

dw6561

Oh my god that was epic. I actually won? Rouroni really had me going there for a second during round two. My priest was tankier than I thought with all that counter magic action. I don't think I would have done it without counter magic, but it was ironically a last minute addition to my team setup. And like Barren commentated, I don't think I can stand up against massive status effects. It's funny, because while making my team and finding out my priest was 200 JP over the cap, I said "let's just throw away esuna, it'll be okay".
This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.

Corosar

Quote from: Barren on June 17, 2015, 02:24:06 pm
FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 4 Match  # 13 - dw6561 vs Rouroni Elmdor

FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 4 Match  # 14 - fattyzilla vs Andante49

dw vs rouroni
19 DWAAGGGONNNSS!~~~ hard hitting... but ultimately dw won... congrats and what an awesome game fun to watch!

fatty vs andante
damn that RNG is bad this round for Fatty... got to love randomness... still a good match and good luck in the coming matches!
Time for a new season!

CT5Holy

You have a very good chance against me Jumza, since you have tons of M-Ev.

Awesome matches so far! Can't wait for more~
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney