• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:02:09 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

FFT/WotL Dialogue Script?

Started by Justarius, June 25, 2013, 03:36:44 pm

Justarius

Hey everyone,

I recently stumbled upon this forum while searching for a tactical battle system script for RPG Maker, and I am amazed and impressed by all the work you've all done. I did a search and couldn't find exactly what I'm looking for, so I figured I'd ask: is there compiled script of FFT and WotL dialogue available? I see that it's all included with EasyVent, but I didn't want to go through the trouble of removing all the command text and values if someone else has already done the work. I'm interested in both seeing the dialogue changes in WotL as well as editing the script for my eventual foray into FFT modding. Thanks in advance for your help!

Jumza

Well this is a patch that uses the WOTL dialogue, but I don't think anyone has just the entire script in a word document or anything. If anyone does then that's great, but if not you could just play FFT: Complete :)

http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?board=26.0
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Justarius

Thanks for the link. I actually can't stand the dialogue in WotL. The original is poorly translated and downright awkward in parts, but Square's habit of making their re-translated dialogue sound like a Shakespearean play comes across as extremely stilted. I'm actually going to re-write the majority of the dialogue for the game, using the best parts from both as guidance. I started taking the different event scripts from EasyVent and doing comparisons of the text files to see changes... just didn't want to do the work if someone had done it all already!

Jumza

Good luck! I'm sure it'll be great (surely better than the 2 originals :P )
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Justarius

Wow, that is exactly what I was looking for. Didn't even think to check GameFAQs... Thanks very much!