• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Damage Formula question? (pa*y)*wp?

Started by Meli-Chan, December 31, 2018, 08:16:01 pm

Meli-Chan

Hello everybody!

I'm doing some archer tweaks for my own playtrhough in fftPatcher, but i got a problem
I really want to use a formula like (PA*y)*WP or vice-versa, but i dont find it in the formula list.

Is there a formula like that in the vanilla game, or if not, is out there a ASM that do that?

PLEASE HEEEEELP MEEEE!!! I'm in a hurry!!!1

• Modding version: PSX

Nyzer

Formula 2D is PA(WP+Y), which is indeed like the formulas you want.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Meli-Chan

Yep, if i cannot get the pa*y, pa+y is a the closest,
but the problem is that i want to make a skill with double normal damage,
if i put a simple +y, it will get overpower early game or underpower late game
i could do 3 skills like a +x,+y,+z, but that just feel lazy :?

Sooo, if anyone know, please tell me a (*y) formula.

Just clarify, i want to put a (pa*2)*wp.

Nyzer

Offhand, I really don't know if anyone's ever made one of those.

But in lieu of being able to point you in any direction, I may as well say this:

I kinda doubt that a Formula 2D skill would really be underpowered or overpowered at any point in the game. It's going to be doing (close to)* normal weapon damage plus the extra modifier which, itself, is multiplied by the PA. It's always going to be doing greater than normal weapon damage. Sure, it might not be as much as double weapon damage, but honestly that seems really overpowered on a ranged weapon anyway. Not that FFT doesn't feature a lot of broken setups, but still.

*It only shares the basic formula of the crossbow, while the longbow and gun use different formulas.

It's all up to you in the end. Just felt it was worth throwing my 2 cents out since that's the most I can add at this point.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Meli-Chan

Thanks Nyzer, 2d is what we have, so be it!

I made a pa*wp+16, the very between ultimus and perseus damage in 1.3, to not be op in early game i put a mana cost that only a archer at lv 40 with mp equipment could cast.

And is not that op really, since has a high CT, high mana cost and dont follow target, plus being blocked by obstacles.

In the end since wp don't scale past ultimus and perseus, i think it worked pretty much as a double damage. :)

Sorry for the late response.